• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Big Tech... anyone notice what's going on at Twitter? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Speaking of Big Tech... anyone notice what's going on at Twitter? LOL
      Elon Musk is about to do a hostile takeover?
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's too bad he can't do a takeover. 9% won't get you that far.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm not sure Musk is an answer, but it will thrill the Joe Rogan devotees.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            It's too bad he can't do a takeover. 9% won't get you that far.
            Actually it can. You would be surprised. BlackRock has turned corporate board rooms across America into facsimilies of the Harvard faculty by taking ownership of about 10% of many companies and then ramming social justice policies down the stockholders' throats.

Comment

• Musk as already been appointed to the board and, as the single largest shareholder (with 80 million Twitter followers of his own), he will carry considerable weight.

Comment

• They should sell their stock and invest their money into Truth social, no SJWs there.

Comment

• Boisterous crowd at McDonald's this morning! The hash browns must've been limp and lukewarm, leading to a general bad mood and overall sense of impending doom.

Wiz, Mr. McAllister wants me to repeat to you that if you can't make it until your ass is completely over the toilet to have a massive evacuation, then it's time to start wearing Depends or hold your meetings at the Burger King down the street. Stop blaming our coffee. That was settled in court.

Comment

• These are the types of people who are vehemently opposed to Florida's new anti child grooming law.

Last edited by Hannibal; April 5, 2022, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Musk as already been appointed to the board and, as the single largest shareholder (with 80 million Twitter followers of his own), he will carry considerable weight.
                      Yeah, was gonna mention that. As the single biggest shareholder he can do a lot. He's already hinting that we're finally gonna get an EDIT button!!!!

Comment

• I remember the days when Mickey Mouse's biggest concern was getting Pluto to play fetch.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Boisterous crowd at McDonald's this morning! The hash browns must've been limp and lukewarm, leading to a general bad mood and overall sense of impending doom.

Wiz, Mr. McAllister wants me to repeat to you that if you can't make it until your ass is completely over the toilet to have a massive evacuation, then it's time to start wearing Depends or hold your meetings at the Burger King down the street. Stop blaming our coffee. That was settled in court.
                          Hah. It reminds of a time of stopping in Youngstown BK for breakfast after pulling an all night drive through Pennsylvania. A group of old fellas were a couple tables over all smoking cigarettes and being as loud as they could be. They were probably bitching about the hash browns.

Comment

• Guy Benson (a gay conservative who works for Fox) wrote this long thread about a month ago about the Florida law which probably represents my views on it too. In short, the law has been demonized, but there’s language in it that possibly opens the door to abuse for older grades. I don’t know if the final version of the bill made the fixes or not, I’ve not been paying close enough attention.

Comment

Speaking of Big Tech... anyone notice what's going on at Twitter? LOL
                              About time an African-American took a large stake in a social media company.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Guy Benson (a gay conservative who works for Fox) wrote this long thread about a month ago about the Florida law which probably represents my views on it too. In short, the law has been demonized, but there’s language in it that possibly opens the door to abuse for older grades. I don’t know if the final version of the bill made the fixes or not, I’ve not been paying close enough attention.

The concern is "age appropriate" by "state standards." They can't delineate all scenarios so they use this general language to cover 4th through 12th grade, which is a massive developmental span. Talking about two dudes marrying may be age appropriate for 4th and 5th grade. Talking about sex (any kind) is not. Well, probably not by Florida standards. I would assume it has roughly the same application as sex ed shit.

That said, I'm not sure where the "trans" stuff lands. I'm sure when they start actually instructing kids -- and "instruction" is in the bill -- that they can be whatever gender they choose.

But, by and large, this is a K-3 bill.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X