No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a problem if the voter rolls are not being regularly "purged" of dead registrants. I suspect that the dead William Bradley was registered at one time and never got taken off the list. Not that someone registered under his name.

Do people vote for the dead? Sure. In a study of 4,500,000 votes over the past 8 years, Stanford researchers found 12 instances of it.

Comment

• Nobody did it as good as Huey P. Long, though. He diverted all manner of state employees - police, mental health workers, anybody, really - to an area to “help” with elections. A number of parishes (counties) had votes for HPL that exceeded not only the registered voters, but the entire population of that area.

A lot of people don’t know that FDR adopted a lot of his ideas. If he hadn’t have been assassinated, I have no doubt that he would have been a major national player.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Stop wasting key strokes on this ......IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER IN 2020 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

"MATERIALITY"
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Nobody did it as good as Huey P. Long, though. He diverted all manner of state employees - police, mental health workers, anybody, really - to an area to “help” with elections. A number of parishes (counties) had votes for HPL that exceeded not only the registered voters, but the entire population of that area.

A lot of people don’t know that FDR adopted a lot of his ideas. If he hadn’t have been assassinated, I have no doubt that he would have been a major national player.
          Have you ever read about the growing theory that he wasn't actually assassinated? Dude went everywhere with a platoon of bodyguards and the theory goes that they mistook something Weiss had for a gun, and went berserk. Huey got killed by crossfire and the panicking bodyguards planted a gun on Weiss. Considering they shot Weiss over SIXTY times, it wasn't exactly a calm situation.

Comment

• As I've said before, in Cuyahoga County, I was registered under my name and then 3 other names with small variants in spelling. I'm certain I could have voted 4 times. Certain. But, I didn't. There are definite cracks and there's absolutely voter fraud. The question is always whether or not it's material.

Meanwhile, let me just add that Carl Weathers remains the greatest gift Louisiana has bestowed upon this fine nation followed, very distantly, by Reece Witherspoon. Somewhere in triple digits you find yourself neck deep in the grim depravity of Long, Morphy and DeGeneres.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              As I've said before, in Cuyahoga County, I was registered under my name and then 3 other names with small variants in spelling. I'm certain I could have voted 4 times. Certain. But, I didn't. There are definite cracks and there's absolutely voter fraud. The question is always whether or not it's material.

Meanwhile, let me just add that Carl Weathers remains the greatest gift Louisiana has bestowed upon this fine nation followed, very distantly, by Reece Witherspoon. Somewhere in triple digits you find yourself neck deep in the grim depravity of Long, Morphy and DeGeneres.
              Britney Spears.

Comment

• Excellent point, Hannibal. She's certainly able to rank amongst the relative best and brightest from that shithole state.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  As I've said before, in Cuyahoga County, I was registered under my name and then 3 other names with small variants in spelling. I'm certain I could have voted 4 times. Certain. But, I didn't. There are definite cracks and there's absolutely voter fraud. The question is always whether or not it's material.

All I ask is that is that the evidence of voter fraud be presented in court. If it's presented on the Lou Dobbs Show instead, I reserve the right to regard it with extreme skepticism.

Comment

• Time for a commercial break:

Own a piece of the Mackinaw Bridge...

Now, back to your regular programming ...
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Have you ever read about the growing theory that he wasn't actually assassinated? Dude went everywhere with a platoon of bodyguards and the theory goes that they mistook something Weiss had for a gun, and went berserk. Huey got killed by crossfire and the panicking bodyguards planted a gun on Weiss. Considering they shot Weiss over SIXTY times, it wasn't exactly a calm situation.
                      Oh sure. The Weiss family was the one who started that. It has some followers. Weiss was there and had a pistol. I tend to believe he did it. But is it possible? Sure.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

All I ask is that is that the evidence of voter fraud be presented in court. If it's presented on the Lou Dobbs Show instead, I reserve the right to regard it with extreme skepticism.
                        I'm fine with this.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Does it seem suspicious that Wisconsin's voter turnout was five standard deviations above the mean this year? Yes. Is it impossible? No. Do the recounts according to state laws and challenge ballots, if necessary, according to state laws. Daylight the process. If the tools and laws to daylight the process don't exist, then shame on some of these Republican-controlled state legislatures for not putting those tools in place, I guess. If clerical errors were fixed and the number of illegitimate ballots was immaterial, then let's see those numbers and then be done with it. I'd be happier seeing proof of zero voter fraud and a Biden victory than I would be seeing a few hundred thousand votes thrown out and a Trump victory, because I can sleep better knowing that we're not fully a Banana Republic yet.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; November 6, 2020, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• In COVID related news, the US unemployment rate is about to go below 6%. I know this is accurate and meaningful. How, you ask? Traffic on major roads is as bad as it was before the pandemic. We drove from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta yesterday. We hit Orlando traffic on I75 Northbound around 8:30am. It was awful. We then hit Atlanta traffic on I85 Northbound around 3:30pm. Horrendous. People are back at work.

Shockingly, due to the increase in human contacts from that as well as workers dining at restaurants near their places of work for lunch and enjoying a cocktail after it, you know, socializing again, the US also passed a milestone of 100K new COVID cases reported yesterday. And yes, hospitalizations for COVID related symptoms are up and so are deaths but neither of them are going up as fast as new case numbers are .... and I can make a case that deaths are stable or falling depending on how I want to look at the data. We are becoming more like Sweden and less like France (thank God!)

If people are going back to work, socializing and such, unemployment is returning to pre-COVID rates and I make the case that COVID deaths are falling, WTF are Birx and Fauci doing announcing the "dark winter" bull shit? Yes, people are going to die from COVID. Yes, there will be excess deaths due to COVID. But the course that most of Europe is taking in response to rising new case numbers by tightening restrictions on social activity and businesses is going to be costly. It has already been proven that the PH benefits to doing that are meager and given human behavior, after lock-downs are eased, the virus will predictably start infecting more people. FACT.

Importantly, it is likely that at least through January 2021, the US is unlikely to shut much down. As well, a Biden administration is going to be hard pressed to take action to "control the virus" in ways that involve shuttering businesses and telling people to use Instacart, Uber Eats and lock themselves in their houses.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I'm fine with this.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Does it seem suspicious that Wisconsin's voter turnout was five standard deviations above the mean this year? Yes. Is it impossible? No. Do the recounts according to state laws and challenge ballots, if necessary, according to state laws. Daylight the process. If the tools and laws to daylight the process don't exist, then shame on some of these Republican-controlled state legislatures for not putting those tools in place, I guess. If clerical errors were fixed and the number of illegitimate ballots was immaterial, then let's see those numbers and then be done with it. I'd be happier seeing proof of zero voter fraud and a Biden victory than I would be seeing a few hundred thousand votes thrown out and a Trump victory, because I can sleep better knowing that we're not fully a Banana Republic yet.
                            The Wisconsin voter turnout thing that's been going around isn't accurate. People are comparing turnout among eligible voters with turnout among registered voters and are ignoring the fact that Wisconsin has same day voter registration. All explained below. The actual turnout in Wisconsin has ranged between 67-73% over the past six elections.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/6176028002/

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              The dead man wasn't just on the voter roll. He got a ballot. So did his son. Somebody made that extra request on purpose. My dead father-in-law didn't get a ballot. Neither did my dead dad. And my dad lived in Wayne County! You have to request a ballot to get a ballot.

Let's see proof then that only one vote was counted and let's find out how two ballots got sent to the house.

This is just one obvious example BTW. God only knows how many others there are of dead men receiving ballots.
                              Well, the state of Michigan does allow you to automatically receive ballots for future elections by simply checking a box. That's pretty stupid idea if you ask me, but so is relying on the out of date voting rolls to commit fraud.

voter.jpg

Comment

The Wisconsin voter turnout thing that's been going around isn't accurate. People are comparing turnout among eligible voters with turnout among registered voters and are ignoring the fact that Wisconsin has same day voter registration. All explained below. The actual turnout in Wisconsin has ranged between 67-73% over the past six elections.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/6176028002/
                                It makes sense that same day voter registration would skew the turnout numbers by adding new numbers to the voter rolls, but other states with same day voter registration did not have the same phenomenon as Wisconsin. 89% turnout of registered voters versus 66% of eligible voters means that about one out of every four voters who voted there was registered that day, if I understand the math right. That seems like a really high percentage to me, but then again, I don't know the history behind this. Maybe it's a common phenomenon? Wisconsin shows a large election day registration & vote jump that was not mirrored in Iowa and Minnesota, for instance. Iowa, for instance, had 76% registered voter turnout, which is way lower than Wisconsin's 89% registered voter turnout. I didn't look at any other states.

Maybe people were particularly pissed off in Wisconsin because of Covid and Jacob Blake. I don't know. Like I said above, not impossible, and a big jump in turnout isn't proof of fraud. I wouldn't even call it evidence of fraud at this point. But whatever, daylight these weird happenings and let's get to the truth and be done with it.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; November 6, 2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X