No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadn't looked at this in a while but there's now 16 states + Washington, DC where the total deaths from covid (of the total population, not just from identified cases) are now over 1 in 1,000. New Jersey has become the first state to pass the 1 in 500 threshold. Sometime last week I believe I saw an article that estimated that between 1 in 100 and 1 in 110 of everyone in New Jersey over the age of 65 had been killed by covid.

These are the states in order

NJ (2.027)
    NY (1.847)
    MA (1.670)
    ND (1.568)
    CT (1.544)
    RI (1.501)
    LA (1.491)
    SD (1.468)
    MS (1.443)
    IL (1.245)
    MI (1.172)
    IA (1.062)
    IN (1.055)
    AZ (1.035)
    PA (1.024)
    DC (1.020)
    AR (1.019)

The states that have been the least affected are mostly still the same group. Basically they are the most isolated states of the nation: Vermont, Hawaii, Maine, and Alaska. Oregon rounds out the least affected five and I'm not sure how they've gotten through so unscathed. Just a lot less retirees?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
      Trump's neighbors are suing to keep Trump from moving into Mara Lago post presidency. Property values would plummet.

You definitely want to keep those people out of your neighborhood.

Comment

• Sorry for the heavy post. Now some levity. I enjoy what happens to this woman who talks like she's an LL Bean catalog

Comment

• I laugh at that every time I see it
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The US is at 950/Million. I think it’ll end up below 0.2% of the population, and given the population that is dying, it’s not as terrible as it thought it’d be.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Shoot, meant to mention hours ago:

Biden's reportedly down to Merrick Garland or Doug Jones for AG. Those are both respectable choices that nearly anyone should be able to live with. Personally I'd choose Jones rather than take Garland off the 2nd most prestigious federal court, but that's just me

Comment

• Doug Jones went to Samford’s law school because he was waitlisted at UA.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• But having two consecutive admins who chose AGs from Alabama would be historic.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That’s one adjective you could use...

Comment

• Getting waitlisted at UAT is pretty much the equivalent of Bowling Green telling a football recruit they need to see more tape. Garland is clear choice!

(UAT is actually fine)
                      Last edited by iam416; December 16, 2020, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• ‘Historic’ does not necessarily impart a positive or negative on the subject at hand. It all depends on one’s perspective. My word choice was intentional. Forged in the flames of perfection on Mount Olympus. Given to mortals for their much-needed erudition.

Comment

• NFS

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Getting waitlisted at UAT is pretty much the equivalent of Bowling Green telling a football recruit they need to see more tape. Garland is clear choice!
                            UA is 31st on USNWR. Seems decent enough. TOSUC is 38th. Samford is ...idk. I got tired scrolling. Let’s just say “not top 100.”

Comment

• I think people choose Samford for law school because if you say it quickly enough it sounds like “Stanford.”

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X