No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the love of god...Wiz has one job, ONE JOB, to do and that he can even do...
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Interesting. So it was like Mississippi's statewide electoral college that they threw out only a couple years ago.
      Pretty much. It was essentially making sure the landed gentry of the agro-rural areas had disproportionate influence.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        For the love of god...Wiz has one job, ONE JOB, to do and that he can even do...
        He’s like Beetlejuice. You have to say ‘frozen wings drenched in ketchup’ three times for him to appear.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Coulter's Law is proven once again.

Last edited by Hannibal; May 25, 2022, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• assholes
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

LOL at Biden selling out to the left. This is a man that told wall street donors at his first fundraiser when running for president, that nothing would fundamentally change.

A man that when asked about student debt at a town hall said that he had no sympathy for younger generations saddled with crushing debt.

A man that is "agonizing" for canceling any student debt. No doubt it would means tested to the nth degree if any happens at all.

This is man that thinks Kamala Harris/Mayor Pete are the future of the Dem party. In other words, corporate Dems with the same craptacular vapid policies that have no principles outside of what the latest polls say.

It is no coincidence, that Biden was most popular when he handed out stimulus checks and actually took the covid 19 pandemic seriously (and Trump deserves credit for cutting the red tape). People thought he was fighting for them. Since then lots of nothing outside of getting out of Afghanistan (which was way overdue). And allowed Manchin and Sinema to run the government.
              First, my whole point is that candidate Biden was much different than President Biden.

Second, why on earth should the government pay off loans for people who made them of their own free will?

Third, the democratic party doesn't have many quality people on the bench that have any national name recognition. Pete and Kamala check the identity politics boxes that the Ds so greatly cherish so why wouldn't they be the "future of the Dem party"?

Fourth, of course a person handing out trillions of dollars in "free" money will be popular to a certain extent.

Fifth, thank fucking god for Manchin and Sinema or we'd be in even deeper shit than we are. I also LMAO at the notion that Manchin is running the government. If the biggest policy goal of your presidency can only muster 48 votes in the Senate, maybe it's not that great of a plan. Just a thought... And anyone who applauds his exit from Afghanistan has some real soul-searching to do.

Comment

• And its unbranded ketchup at that
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I hope you all die a slow death from Monkeypox...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This may be one of my top 5 favorite quotes:

We know that increased [voter] turnout has nothing to do with [voter] suppression.
                    God bless D-Superheroine and Voice of the Party, Stacey Abrams. Gotta peddle that BIG LIE. Gotsto.

BTW, more Ds voted in the 2022 primary than in 2018....and Abrams ran unopposed in 2022.

Comment

• And a lot of people who voted D primary in 2020 voted in the R primary this time because that's where all the contested racers were. One of my election gurus estimates there were as many as 40,000 of them. He thinks they might be what allowed Raffensberger to avoid a runoff

Comment

• Incidentally, I saw someone remark that it's a great time to be an incumbent Governor. And that's true. The Fed govt just threw a shit-ton of money in your lap, a bunch of states suddenly have big budget surpluses, you can spend like crazy, maybe cutting taxes at the same time, and no one blames you for inflation. And the average Governor has a much higher approval rating than the average President to begin with.

Comment

• If there's no relationship between voter turnout and voter suppression, then why on earth do we care about voter "suppression"? I mean, why you would fuck your own state in the ass and ship the ASG to Denver if voter "suppression" has "nothing to do" with voter turnout?

It's staggering. It's just so superlatively Abrams and Party on this issue. It's right up there with "Jim Crow_____."

Comment

• 284028702_10220022430015845_5788968394127279601_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=wnOrhzMQxjsAX-A-Yxf&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=00_AT-MxP3z0JHOxPvDjvh16Y8Az8DrN-13vOhfmBtSpouZlQ&oe=62935125.jpg
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              If there's no relationship between voter turnout and voter suppression, then why on earth do we care about voter "suppression"? I mean, why you would fuck your own state in the ass and ship the ASG to Denver if voter "suppression" has "nothing to do" with voter turnout?

It's staggering. It's just so superlatively Abrams and Party on this issue. It's right up there with "Jim Crow_____."
                              In this case, it seems like it's not something that SHOULD be cared about.

In other places I have concerns. The new vote-by-mail restrictions in Texas caused the rejected mail ballot rate to grow from under 1% in 2020 to over 12% in 2022. And the rate of rejection was almost the same between Democrat voters and Republican voters.

Figures released by the Texas secretary of state show that more than 24,000 Texas voters had their ballots rejected in the March primary. The rejection rate is a significant increase over previous elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Incidentally, I saw someone remark that it's a great time to be an incumbent Governor. And that's true. The Fed govt just threw a shit-ton of money in your lap, a bunch of states suddenly have big budget surpluses, you can spend like crazy, maybe cutting taxes at the same time, and no one blames you for inflation. And the average Governor has a much higher approval rating than the average President to begin with.
                                That remark pretty much sums up Whitmer and how that witch and her coven will remain n office for 4 more years

Comment

Working...
                                X