No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last year I was offered a one week all expense paid trip to the park. I said fuck no. The wife went though...

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
      Last year I was offered a one week all expense paid trip to the park. I said fuck no. The wife went though...
      Bet she had a good time.

Comment

• Russia cutting off nat gas to both Poland and Bulgaria. Other countries to come maybe

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Russia cutting off nat gas to both Poland and Bulgaria. Other countries to come maybe
          Put up a few solar panels and wind turbines. They'll be fine.

Comment

• I wonder if Mike Gibbons has run out of money. I haven’t seen any of his ads at all lately. A couple of months ago he had one on at every break, it seems.

Comment

Bet she had a good time.
              She couldn't get back fast enough.

I had a hell of a time.

Comment

The problems caused by the decision could get resolved by next year, but they ARE problems.

What Reedy Creek isn’t is a replacement for the counties it exists in. Disney still pays the same property taxes levied by the government and the school district that every other landowner pays. Orange County, for example, collected $40 million from the House of Mouse in 2021, Tax Collector Scott Randolph (D) said.

So, how does Reedy Creek operate its own fire and sewer departments? The special tax district status allows Disney to levy an additional tax on itself to pay for those services. The tax, amounting to $105 million per year, is illegal anywhere else in the county, along with the additional $58 million per year the company taxes itself to pay off Reedy Creek’s bond debt.

When the district is dismantled on June 1, 2023, Orange County will begin paying for those services and paying off the debt, without that special status in place.

“The moment that Reedy Creek doesn’t exist is the moment that that those taxes don’t exist,” Randolph said. “Orange County can’t just slap a new taxing district onto that area and recoup the money that was lost.”

Effectively, Disney’s loss of control also hands it a $163 million per year tax break. If the entire state of Florida was responsible for covering the hole, each taxpayer would have to cough up roughly $7.50.

However, this burden will not be shared equally. Despite zero debate or public comment, and the near-total opposition of Central Florida’s delegation to this maneuver, Orange and Osceola County taxpayers will shoulder the hit alone, leaving both counties staring at financial ruin.

End of Reedy Creek: Disney won’t pay more taxes, but you will – WFTV
                So you still think Disney is getting a tax break?

In Michigan, they call it a special assessment district, and the counties will impose that immediately One assessment of $ 105 million for fire and sewer. One assessment of $ 58 million for payment on the bonds. Why can't Orange County do that? Randolph doesn't say.

All I know for sure is that, in Celebration, it is a big deal that taxes are so low because of the special treatment Disney gets.

Comment

Russia cutting off nat gas to both Poland and Bulgaria. Other countries to come maybe
                  Could be considered an act of war under the NATO charter.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff- I cant vouch for the info in this thread but it’s very interesting. Russia announced they were cutting off Poland just hours after Germany and Poland reached a deal on oil supplies. Germany’s very close to joining the full boycott of Russian oil and Putin is pissed.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                      Last year I was offered a one week all expense paid trip to the park. I said fuck no. The wife went though...
                      No worries bro...Wiz took care of her needs there...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

No worries bro...Wiz took care of her needs there...
                        Is that why she came back singing "It's a small world after all"?

Comment

• This is in response to the recording that I thought would hurt McCarthy more than his criticism of Trump. Tucker calls him a puppet of the Democrat Party. No different than an MSNBC contributor.

Comment

Is that why she came back singing "It's a small world after all"?
                            I'd like to know how DSL knows the girth of wiz's johnson...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Another article about Reedy Creek's debt and how Florida's bill may have been illegal and a violation of its contractual promises

I could be wrong and the geriatric ideologue Geezer is right, but I think Disney's lawyers are probably better informed than he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

I'd like to know how DSL knows the girth of wiz's johnson...
                                Mrs. Wiz is a talker, what can I say.

Comment

Working...
                                X