No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I assume the seat stays R, so that’s good.

Comment

• Pete Meijer deserved better, Trump definitely deserved to be impeached over the insurrection. The dude sat and watched Fox News because the violence thrilled him and he didn't want it to end. The violence thrilled Hannibal so it's understandable he is upset with Meijer. When you lose an election you should concede and move on. Trump lost fair and square. Exhorting a mob to march in the capitol to fight like hell is worthy of impeachment.

Comment

• The impeachment vote was the semen icing on the shit cake. Meijer was a terrible Congressman and should have been a top primary target even without the impeachment vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          When you lose an election you should concede and move on..
          No you shouldn't. You should have the FBI investigate the winner for three years to try and find some evidence of a grand secret conspiracy by Russia to install a Manchurian candidate.

Comment

• He lost fair and square, there was no doubt Biden won, move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              I assume the seat stays R, so that’s good.
              With the Gibbs win Wasserman has changed it from Toss-up to Lean Dem. The redrawn district is now on the Biden side(+8), it was +3 Trump in 2020 before the redistricting.
              Last edited by froot loops; August 3, 2022, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                I assume the seat stays R, so that’s good.
                That one pissed me off. The dems ran ads for Gibbs, thinking he's an easier opponent in Nov. Meijer was a decent rep whose only crime was putting country over party. Gibbs made only whispered lipservice opposition to what the dems did. Meijer was a rep worth supporting.
                I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

With the Gibbs win Wasserman has changed it from Toss-up to Lean Dem. The redrawn district is now on the Biden side(+8), it was +3 Trump in 2020 before the redistricting.
                  This is correct. Gibbs is widely seen as the weaker General candidate which is why Dems helped him. They are playing with fire and that's a stupid thing to do, but that's why they did it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    Pretty big upset brewing in Arizona -- Lake was the overwhelming favorite and she is down pretty badly to Taylor-Robson with over 50% of the vote counted.
                    Can't make this up...Kari Lake surged into the lead after a huge batch of votes were counted for her in Maricopa in the middle of the night.

Republicans richly deserve to have a long, drawn-out fight with their two hags beating each other up over allegations of fraud, and machines switching votes, and Chinese bamboo ballots, and George Soros-bought pens.

Comment

• And here we are the next morning with only 80% of the AZ governor vote tabulated. This bullshit of not being able to call elections for two or three days has got to stop.

Comment

• Both Washington Republicans who voted to impeach Trump (Newhouse & Herrera-Beutler) look like they will survive primary challenges. Mainly because Washington uses a "jungle primary" system.

David Valadao of California survived for the same reason.

Comment

• And Washington is still only 53% tabulated? What a joke.

Comment

• I don't know what site you're viewing but the AZ Sec of State has only three counties with any precincts unreported. And even those 3 counties are all 95%+ reported.

Comment

• I'm looking at realclearpolitics.

Comment

• Not sure where everyone gets their numbers, but here is a wsj article that says that 79% of the vote is counted in AZ (as of a half hour ago)

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/pri...pPBBOkSMw6Urvp

That's unacceptable. If that's really because 20% of the vote is arriving by mail after election day that those laws need to be changed ASAP. If it's not, then the people tabulating the votes need to get an afternoon nap in and finish the fucking tabulation on election night.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; August 3, 2022, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X