Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

The NYTs lead story this morning recapped the lack of "equity" in the distribution of COVID vaccines between races with whites having disproportionate access to vaccines compared to blacks and hispanics.

Surprise, this disproportionality completely disappeared by mid 2021. The story attributes that to the Biden administration's effort to fix it. That is just wrong. Distribution mechanics for COVID vaccinies were determined at the state level with little federal involvement. There is no evidence at the state level that there was an active effort to provide more vaccines to white groups. If there were, you'd hear about it. Instead, the FACTS, point to pretty even distribution of vaccines with other obvious factors affecting who actually went out and got them.

So, yeah, the D's will continue to paint ridiculous alternate realities. To take them down is like shooting fish in a barrel but the Ds persist. Idiots.
    Oh, there's zero doubt that The Chairman, the Ds and their allies in the Media aren't particularly concerned with facts. Especially when it comes to Covid. That's just a really, really bad area for them. But, TBH, every area other than abortion is really, really bad for them.

And there's zero doubt that the same group is entirely concerned with -- at a minimum faux-concerned with -- "equity" as they continue their long, long, long history of "the soft bigotry of low expectations."
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Finally, I should also acknowledge that this is Harris we're dealing with, so she's utterly inarticulate and horribly unclear. So, it's often hard to assume she means anything as there's probably -- almost certainly -- very little thought given to the words that exit her mouth. But, nonetheless, those are her words.
      It seems pretty clear to me. Harris is an idiot whose only shrewd move was to use "equity" and good old fashioned "favors" to get into a position of power that is well above her capabilities. It would be hysterical that Prog logic sees that as some sort of accomplishment if wielding that power didn't have (potentially disastrous) real world consequences.

Comment

• Giggles is also one of the progs that was advocating violence in the summer of 2020...now conveniently denies it.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The past 6-7 years have demonstrated quite well how much your average Republican/conservative sincerely values facts and Truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Just to be clear on this, the Republicans were allowed to observe the election in Detroit and Wayne County. They just tried to send in many MORE observers than they were allowed by law and some of those people, not even locals, were refused entry. Most states if not all require observers to be local.

To be more clear, Rs were allowed to "observe" elections from 100 feet and from outside the room where the votes were "counted". This is as it always has been in my lifetime. Detroit takes forever to count. Like Liney says, they wait to see how many votes they need, and that is the number of votes that appear.

The simple fix is to have Republican vote counters count the votes in the D areas and to have the Ds count in the R areas. MI has a proposal on the Ballot to make photo ID irrelevant. If you want to see the difference between the parties, use google to research the three ballot proposals in MI. First I googled "MI ballot proposals" and all left-wing nonsense came up. So I then googled " conservative view on MI ballot proposals". The first three pages had no middle-of-the-road entries. Exactly the same left-wing crap came up as before. It always amazes me that the Rs make no effort at getting their side of the ballot proposals out. Stupid party.

Last edited by DaGeezer; October 4, 2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Take it with a grain of salt but I saw a claim that Russia lost 44 tanks yesterday. For perspective, the US lost a total of 23 tanks during the entire Iraq War.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

It seems pretty clear to me. Harris is an idiot whose only shrewd move was to use "equity" and good old fashioned "favors" to get into a position of power that is well above her capabilities. It would be hysterical that Prog logic sees that as some sort of accomplishment if wielding that power didn't have (potentially disastrous) real world consequences.
                Her most brilliant "favor" occurred on her back with Willie Brown. That got her the AG job and the rest is history in a one-party state. She has never had to face real voters. Her performance in the primaries shows the voters who listened to her got the message loud and clear Once again, affirmative action has placed her one heartbeat away.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaGeezer View Post

To be more clear, Rs were allowed to "observe" elections from 100 feet and from outside the room where the votes were "counted". This is as it always has been in my lifetime. Detroit takes forever to count. Like Liney says, they wait to see how many votes they need, and that is the number of votes that appear.

The simple fix is to have Republican vote counters count the votes in the D areas and to have the Ds count in the R areas. MI has a proposal on the Ballot to make photo ID irrelevant. If you want to see the difference between the parties, use google to research the three ballot proposals in MI. I googled " entries conservative view on MI ballot proposals" after the first three pages had no middle-of-the-road entries. Exactly the same left-wing crap came up. It always amazes me that the Rs make no effort at getting their side of the ballot proposals out. Stupid party.

Your own state legislature, controlled by Republicans, put out a report over a year ago now that completely debunked a lot of the nonsense regarding the "stolen election" in Michigan.

SMPO_2020ElectionReport.pdf (s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com)

Just from a common sense perspective (I thought your side claims to have a monopoly on that?) why do you think it's "suspicious" that big city takes longer to count than small counties with less than 15,000 voters and maybe only three voting locations? Even in a state that's run well like Florida, the big cities are generally last to finish reporting. To ME it's perfectly common sensical that they'd be last. If there's 50 polling stations in one city, the odds go up there's a problem with the machines at one of them, and the center gets kept open an extra hour and delays the entire county. That's all perfectly reasonable.

And no, poll workers and observers should be locals. That's just common practice virtually everywhere. ​

Comment

• Doubt this converts anybody but it's worth watching just for the Dr. Nick clips

Comment

The past 6-7 years have demonstrated quite well how much your average Republican/conservative sincerely values facts and Truth.
                      True. Republicans value truth highly.

The most recent example on this thread of the Ds attitude toward truth is CGVT saying regarding Harris' equity statement "How about a link? The google machine turned up nothing." Or froot's "Da Geezer has been peddling that BS for years without evidence."

If you want an experience, go to the politics thread on the Lions forum. It warns you in the name that it is a cage fight and that one should "enter at your own risk". There you will find posters that are hyperpartisan left. Yesterday, someone had made the mistake of saying something good about Trump's policies. The mockery that ensued contained statements about how much money Trump made as President (allegedly through graft).

I went to Forbes and showed them that Forbes had Trump with a net worth of $ 4.5 Billion when he announced, $ 3.5 Billion when elected, and $ 2.5 Billion when he left office. I haven't been there today, but I'm looking forward to it if I get bored here. They will come up with an NPR article that says Trump "made" $ 2.6 Billion as President. And I will point out that the 2.6 is Gross, nt net. Half of them MAY know what I'm talking about.

The problem with Dem lies is that most of the party believes them. 70% still believe Russia messed with the 2016 election in order to get Trump elected. Almost all still believe the Russia hoax despite the clear evidence that the Pee Dossier was generated and paid for by the Hillary campaign.

I'll say this. Trump is the most investigated man in the US. Period. The idea that a real estate mogul in NYC hasn't had some questionable relations to the mob or the construction unions is inconceivable to me. They will find something.

Comment

True. Republicans value truth highly.
                        The combined wits of Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner couldn't write something this funny.

Comment

• Both parties spin 'truth' to their own liking.

However, each time the Dem party has went after Trump, they ended up spitting into the wind. I guess its important to them to keep trying.

I am still waiting on the Democratic Party to bring 'rock solid charges' against Trump, and make it stick.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

And no, poll workers and observers should be locals. That's just common practice virtually everywhere. ​

It is also common practice virtually everywhere, for poll workers to want to count votes accurately. In SE MI the votes are counted by unionized public sector workers. If I were a D, I'd relish the opportunity to have Republican vote counters, just to put the lie to all the crazy R shit about there being fraud in the big cities. Never happen.

During the 2020 recount in FL, I read a letter in the WSJ from the Director of Elections in Houston. You might remember FL was dealing with hanging chads and dimpled chads, and Gore was trying to steal that election. FL used a card and box system where a computer card was placed in a box and the voter pinched his vote on tiny perforated squares with a stylus. Throughout the Dem attempt, there were stories of hundreds of voting boxes and thousands of blank voting computer cards found in the trunks of cars and in warehouses.

Houston had just replaced their punch card system with another system. The Director pointed out that Houston's "failed ballot" count (dimpled ballots" had gone from 3% with the punch cards to .03% with their new system. He further stated that it is impossible to create a dimpled chad with just one card in the box. The only way to create such a dimpled chad was to have twenty or so ballots in the box at the same time so as to "cushion" the stylis.

Now, DSL, how did so many ballots become dimpled in FL that year? You will say there is no proof and no one was prosecuted. Of course not. People doing this type of thing have done it for all of my lifetime. In the book Boss, Mayor Daley tells Mike Royko exactly how it is done in Chicago. What you probably do not remember is that Gore prevailed by a hairsbreadth in five or so other states with very late counted votes from cities. Lucky man.

Comment

It is also common practice virtually everywhere, for poll workers to want to count votes accurately. In SE MI the votes are counted by unionized public sector workers. If I were a D, I'd relish the opportunity to have Republican vote counters, just to put the lie to all the crazy R shit about there being fraud in the big cities. Never happen.

During the 2020 recount in FL, I read a letter in the WSJ from the Director of Elections in Houston. You might remember FL was dealing with hanging chads and dimpled chads, and Gore was trying to steal that election. FL used a card and box system where a computer card was placed in a box and the voter pinched his vote on tiny perforated squares with a stylus. Throughout the Dem attempt, there were stories of hundreds of voting boxes and thousands of blank voting computer cards found in the trunks of cars and in warehouses.

Houston had just replaced their punch card system with another system. The Director pointed out that Houston's "failed ballot" count (dimpled ballots" had gone from 3% with the punch cards to .03% with their new system. He further stated that it is impossible to create a dimpled chad with just one card in the box. The only way to create such a dimpled chad was to have twenty or so ballots in the box at the same time so as to "cushion" the stylis.

Now, DSL, how did so many ballots become dimpled in FL that year? You will say there is no proof and no one was prosecuted. Of course not. People doing this type of thing have done it for all of my lifetime. In the book Boss, Mayor Daley tells Mike Royko exactly how it is done in Chicago. What you probably do not remember is that Gore prevailed by a hairsbreadth in five or so other states with very late counted votes from cities. Lucky man.
                              Geezer, I'm not going to make a bold claim about the impossibility of "dimpled chads" based solely on your foggy recollection of a single letter to the Editor in the WSJ 22 years ago. It also has nothing at all to do with whether the 2020 election was stolen in Michigan. According to your own Party and your own elected officials, it was not.

Comment

The combined wits of Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner couldn't write something this funny.
                                Well, do you believe Trump got rich in office?

Do you believe the Russians actually wanted this guy (who said he was going to unleash the American O+G industry to make the US independent of world oil markets) to become President? The entire Russia Hoax is predicated on some fantasy that Trump's election would benefit Russia in some way. Another predicate was that Hillary wouldn't maintain the Obama policies that so greatly benefitted Russia.

No. What the left wants is to "reset" the US into its image. That image demands that God, family, and country be de-emphasized so as to make the state all-powerful. Have you ever read Das Capital? How about Rules for Radicals? Read more, DSL.

Comment

Working...
                                X