No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Jim Crow playing for the late 80s Athletics. This is Jim Crow with a giant Barry Bonds head. I mean -- yeah, segregation and all that this was bad. But, THIS???!??!! This is fucking Lou Ferrigno'd Jim Crow.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      She hasn’t.

Also, DeSantis signed into law today a “voter restriction” bill, lol. Now if you want to request an absentee ballot in Florida you have supply the last 4 of your SSN. I mean, seriously. How will people in Florida ever figure out this overly cumbersome system? OPPRESSION!!
      And actually, The Party can overcome what DeSantis did by simply distributing SS cards to everyone that crosses the border. Just give Border Patrol agents a few stacks of cards, and hand them out as illegals come in. Problem solved. They can vote.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Some places allow you to register to vote using only a utility bill or paystub that establishes your residency.

I'd be curious to know though how many people actually got their registration this way? I'm guessing it's not many. Requiring an ID or SS# is not the widespread oppression that Dems claim it is NOR is there a huge pool of tens of thousands of out-of-state fraudsters that stole somebody's mail and showed up to vote.

A small problem I have with many of these new restrictions, though, is they are only happening because of Trump's lies and the enormous pressure he's putting on everyone in his party to back him up and please the base.

Comment

• Well, I said I was tuning out COVID issues but I can't help commenting on this. Yes, what's going on in India and South America sucks. Yes, vaccine distribution isn't equitable - and I've already said too bad. But, the economy is booming even in the face of certain death and the collapse of civilization from the COVID plague. What's worth commenting on is the complete disconnect from an economic boom that wouldn't be happening if the pandemic were anywhere near as bad as the COVID Karens claim it is. Right, pretty obvious creating fear with the government ready to step in and save everyone is high on the Biden administration's messaging priorities list. Not to mention it paves the way for the trillions he and his progressive collaborators want to spend on all sorts of silly shit.

In the microsm of the cruising world as it relates to the pandemic and the unjustifiable banning of cruise ship operations from US ports, a battle royal is shaping up in the courts over the CDC's authority to disrupt commerce associated with cruise ship operations themselves as well as commerce in support of those operations in the US. We're talking multi-billions all toll of economic damage so, small world of cruising has immense and outsized economic impact.

A Federal Judge will hear FL's complaint, which has been joined by TX on May 12th. On Tuesday, the CDC made a public announcement detailing how the cruise lines can restart operations from US ports. They simultaneously sent thousands of pages of documents to the court detailing their phased plan to "safely" restart cruising. The plan is laughable and filled with unnecessary regulations, most of which are impractical and unobtainable. Moreover, its inconsistent with current CDC guidance on multiple fronts and appears to be completely outdated. Clearly, they want the judge in the case to recognize that HHS and the CDC have a plan and then delay the hearing to have time to review the document dump.

To put it bluntly, HHS/CDC has it's backs against the wall with trying to enforce this no sail order of there's. All four walls are crashing in on them from multiple directions. I've read the law suit. Seems solid to me with credible arguments offered up showing the order is unlawful with a completely outsized economic impact on FL and TX - both states that have busy cruise ship ports. I think their legal people looking at this are telling HHS's/CDC's Secretaries/ Directors that their position is weak and potentially legally untenable as COVID circumstances on the ground are changing rapidly.

So, yeah, this is the cruise industry getting hosed by the CDC but if the judge enjoins the CDC from enforcing this so called no-sail-order, it brings into question a whole lot more wrt to their roll and authority in issuing all kinds of restrictions and guidance. For all intent and purpose, this stuff is codified and forms the basis of most of the silly COVID shit local governments continue to impose well past the time when these are justified (see the excellent article from NRO on that talent linked here a few days ago).
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; May 6, 2021, 04:02 PM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Requiring an ID or SS# is not the widespread oppression that Dems claim it is NOR is there a huge pool of tens of thousands of out-of-state fraudsters that stole somebody's mail and showed up to vote.
            It's not oppression of any kind. Period.

Comment

• Buchanan: you probably already read this, but it's a very good piece of the origins of Covid. It doesn't draw any definitive conclusions as to the origin, but does draw the following conclusions -- there is almost zero existing evidence for the "natural origin" theory and lots of evidence for the "lab theory". The latter, as mentioned, isn't dispositive -- in part because we'll never, ever know what specific SARS viruses they were creating there.

The Covid-19 pandemic has disrupted lives the world over for more than a year. Its death toll will soon reach three million people. Yet the origin of pandemic remains uncertain: the political agendas…

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                She hasn’t.

Also, DeSantis signed into law today a “voter restriction” bill, lol. Now if you want to request an absentee ballot in Florida you have supply the last 4 of your SSN. I mean, seriously. How will people in Florida ever figure out this overly cumbersome system? OPPRESSION!!
                Well, we are talking bout the people that couldn't figure out how to punch a ballot in 2000, so who the fuck knows
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Don't forget that Stacy Abrams still hasn't conceded -- or last I checked, she still hasn't conceded.
                  Al Gore never conceded either. Or at least he never conceded electoral defeat. He took it all the way to the Supreme Court without any evidence of Florida miscounting the votes or voter fraud and never admitted that he lost fair and square. Funny how the media wasn't reminding us how airtight our electoral system is back then, isn't it? If you say that Al Gore was robbed in the 2000 election, I wonder if you would get kicked off of youtube like you get kicked off if you say that Trump was robbed in 2020.

Also -- not a single Democrat objected to his farce. Unlike Trump, Gore had the full backing and support of his party at every step. Despite the fact that Trump had a mountain of evidence and legal arguments, and Al Gore had zero.

Comment

• Trump had zero evidence and zero legal arguments. Zero.

Jesus Christ. What fantasy world are you living in?
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• BTW, There was a world of difference in the way Gore acted and Trump is acting.

No fucking comparison.

Stop it with your stupid bullshit.

Making shit up and claiming it is fact is not in fact fact. Must be something you learned from Bleachy McCheetoface

Fuck. You guys are tedious with this bullshit.

​​​​​​

Vice President Al Gore concedes defeat to George W. Bush in his bid for the presidency, following weeks of legal battles over the recounting of votes in Florida, on December 13, 2000.

In a televised speech from his ceremonial office next to the White House, Gore said that while he was deeply disappointed and sharply disagreed with the Supreme Court verdict that ended his campaign, ”partisan rancor must now be put aside.”

“I accept the finality of the outcome, which will be ratified next Monday in the Electoral College” he said. “And tonight, for the sake of our unity as a people and the strength of our democracy, I offer my concession.”

And then... It was over.

See the difference?

I didn't think so
                      Last edited by CGVT; May 6, 2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• The Democrats seem awfully agitated and nervous over the Arizona vote audit. Strange behavior considering that they have been telling us that every vote was a perfectly legal one. Most people welcome audits when their numbers are air tight.

Comment

• Al Gore did not act any better. He only conceded legal defeat and in his "concession" speech he said that he still disagreed with the Supreme Court's decision. To this day he still insists that he was the rightful winner.

Al Gore has never apologized for trying to steal the 2000 election and he has never been criticized by any Democrats for doing so. The four Liberal justices who voted for Al Gore's farce of a case have never apologized for trying to assist in the theft and have never been criticized for their vote. We came one vote away from a Banana Republic style election theft in 2000. 16 years later, the Democrats insisted that the election was stolen by a Russia conspiracy. 4 years after that, Democrats are insisting that our entire electoral system is perfectly airtight.

The Dems stick with their own. The Republicans don't. That's why the Republicans always lose, no matter what the results on the ballots.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Buchanan: you probably already read this, but it's a very good piece of the origins of Covid. It doesn't draw any definitive conclusions as to the origin, but does draw the following conclusions -- there is almost zero existing evidence for the "natural origin" theory and lots of evidence for the "lab theory". The latter, as mentioned, isn't dispositive -- in part because we'll never, ever know what specific SARS viruses they were creating there.

https://nicholaswade.medium.com/orig...es-6f03564c038
                            That it was created in a lab and somebody leaked it in a huge fuckup of containment protocol is the most likely answer. Workers from the Wuhan lab were known to sell dead animals from the lab in the local market to make some side cash.

Comment

• The borders are completely open, just like we expected them to be. Good job, Democrats.

ICE deportations fall to record low under Biden

The number of deportations carried out by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement fell to the lowest monthly level on record in April, a drop that comes as illegal border crossings remain at a 20-year high, according to the latest enforcement data, according to a new report from The Washington Post.

ICE deported 2,962 immigrants in April, according to the agency. It is the first time the monthly figure has dipped below 3,000, records show. The April total is a 20% decline from March, when ICE deported 3,716, the report states.

President Joe Biden and his Department of Homeland Security team led by Alejandro Mayorkas have issued new rules to rein in ICE officers.

Biden so far has resisted calls from activists and some lawmakers to abolish ICE, and his top DHS officials say they will reform the agency and restore its reputation by focusing on criminals who pose public-safety or national security threats. The Post reported that in private, ICE officials say their work is being essentially abolished through restrictions on their ability to make arrests and deportations.

“U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has concentrated its limited law enforcement resources on threats to national security, border security, and public safety,” the agency said in a statement Wednesday. “This has allowed ICE to focus on the quality of enforcement actions and how they further the security and safety of our communities rather than the simple quantity of arrests and removals.”

Since Biden changed ICE’s priorities and ordered a 100-day deportation moratorium, interior arrests by ICE officers have plunged more than half, records show.

That is despite a continuing historic crisis at the southern border, which has seen more than 172,000 migrants encountered at the border in March — with officials predicting more than 1,000 “gotaways” getting past Border Patrol every day, according to Fox News.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; May 6, 2021, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                Al Gore did not act any better. He only conceded legal defeat and in his "concession" speech he said that he still disagreed with the Supreme Court's decision. To this day he still insists that he was the rightful winner.

Al Gore has never apologized for trying to steal the 2000 election and he has never been criticized by any Democrats for doing so. The four Liberal justices who voted for Al Gore's farce of a case have never apologized for trying to assist in the theft and have never been criticized for their vote. We came one vote away from a Banana Republic style election theft in 2000. 16 years later, the Democrats insisted that the election was stolen by a Russia conspiracy. 4 years after that, Democrats are insisting that our entire electoral system is perfectly airtight.

The Dems stick with their own. The Republicans don't. That's why the Republicans always lose, no matter what the results on the ballots.
                                This post has to be a joke

As I said above:

​​​​​​And then... It was over.

See the difference?

I didn't think so

Comment

Working...
                                X