Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I just don't see the humor in that. And yes, I'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed.

After all the diseases I've seen in my own family over the past five years, illness is not something that I'll ever joke about anymore. I still feel guilt about teasing my mother about "old timers disease" when she used to forget things. Then she died from Alzheimer's and dementia in 2017. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
    Yeah, that sort of stuff (dementia/Alzheimer's) runs on both sides of my family. It scares the hell out of me--of all the ways to go to lose yourself a bit at a time, to lose what makes you who you are and then to become a burden upon your loved ones. The toll it takes on them---it is one of the reasons I am all for physician assisted death. When possible you should be able to go out on your terms.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• CNN calls Virginia for Biden immediately. Seems like a good sign...

Comment

• Also calls North Carolina for Biden immediately...

Comment

• Exit polls suggest Bloomberg & Warren both falling under the threshold in both VA and NC. Could be off but would be big for Biden if it plays out that way

Saw a poll too projecting Biden will get 4 delegates out of Vermont. That's small but Hillary got none in 2016. Everything kind of matters at this point.

Comment

• Bloomberg wins American Samoa! Wooo!

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Joe's going to end up crushing Virginia. 42% of the vote in, not a single vote from Fairfax County counted, and Joe has 55% overall.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Undertaker GIF by memecandy

Comment

• If you would have listened to DSL 4 months ago, you would have known. You didn't listen to me on Day, you haven't listened to DSL on Biden.

Comment

• Allow me to be clear though, Biden did significantly worse in Iowa and NH than I was expecting. I thought he'd finish 2nd in both.

Comment

• I didn't remember that in the post though. At the time when you said that he was drawing dead in Iowa. I think at one point he was polling 2 or 3 percent in Iowa.

Comment

• Wasserman is as bullish on Biden as Political Scientist could be this early in the night. The 538 crew is a little more guarded.

Comment

• I remember thinking Bernie would win both but did think Biden would be close in Iowa, yeah. Was wrong

Comment

• If yoou look at the map of Virginia also, I have to think Biden won every congressional district. That'll matter

Comment

Working...
                                X