X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's yer point
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 6DC49762-64FA-4087-A45C-BAD4A77AD92B.jpgFormer Twitter employee?

Comment

• Mike...posting selfies is strictly forbidden by Forum rules...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• yow... that was just plain mean ...
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm deeply offended.

Comment

• The clip at the end of the article about the Taliban quitting Twitter is really good.

Comment

• 71vi8t.jpg

Comment

• Pretty much.

Comment

• Helpful thread from Erickson on the legal fight over Saturday voting for the Georgia runoff. He thinks the Republicans clearly have the weaker case in trying to block it (they’ve already lost twice) and politically it’s making them look bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                      (2) An editorial appeared in this evening's NYTs that is a reprint of one that was first published in the Economist by Arkady Ostrovski, the Russia Editor. It pulls no punches in asserting that with Putin's prosecution of his war in Ukraine, Russia risks becoming ungovernable and descending into chaos. There are objective findings pointing to the beginnings of an unraveling of established Russian government institutions and loss of government control that will ultimately lead to a failed state. Uncontrolled boarders (Putin annexed by decree 4 Ukrainian Oblast declaring them part of Russia when he has military or administrative control of none of them), private military formations inside Russia and deployed in Ukraine (The Wagner Group and Independent Chechnyan groups) and a Russian population (over 600K consisting of those with educations and means) that have already fled the county both before Putin's mobilization decree and after it. The economic costs of that brain drain have yet to be felt. Add to that moral decay and the increasing social tensions between city dwellers who have the means to avoid conscription and the rural Russians who don't and are bearing the brunt of Putin's mobilization and conscriptions and you have a lethal brew that could lead to deadly civil conflict. It's a dangerous mess. Putin cannot win this war and at the same time he cannot afford to end the conflict either. A paraphrased version of Arkady Ostrovskis' conclusions in his editorial follows ........
                      This is what our amnesty laws are all about. Let's bring these well-educated Russians to the US with a blanket amnesty.

But, we know that will never happen because Russians are the wrong color. This is just one more cost of a racialized younger generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Helpful thread from Erickson on the legal fight over Saturday voting for the Georgia runoff. He thinks the Republicans clearly have the weaker case in trying to block it (they’ve already lost twice) and politically it’s making them look bad.

My home for Thanksgiving college student son cannot vote early because the GOP does not want him to because college students usually vote blue. Luckily he anticipated it and requested an absentee ballot. He filled it out and sent it in, but it was a confusing mess to get it right. Even my college student son and my wife had trouble understanding what was needed to make the ballot valid.

This is GOP SOP.

I will have no problem voting early or going to the polls on the appointed day as I am retired and I live on a resort island. That is not the case for many voters.

As I have said and will continue to say, we should be making it easier to vote in this country, not harder.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You are full of bologna....errrr...baloney...we've already established that...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

My home for Thanksgiving college student son cannot vote early because the GOP does not want him to because college students usually vote blue. Luckily he anticipated it and requested an absentee ballot. He filled it out and sent it in, but it was a confusing mess to get it right. Even my college student son and my wife had trouble understanding what was needed to make the ballot valid.

This is GOP SOP.

I will have no problem voting early or going to the polls on the appointed day as I am retired and I live on a resort island. That is not the case for many voters.

As I have said and will continue to say, we should be making it easier to vote in this country, not harder.
                            The GA Supreme Court just turned down the Republican request to block Saturday early voting. After seeing what their case actually was I'm surprised the Rs pushed this so far.

Georgia Supreme Court rejects GOP bid to block early voting on Saturday | The Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The GA Supreme Court just turned down the Republican request to block Saturday early voting. After seeing what their case actually was I'm surprised the Rs pushed this so far.

Georgia Supreme Court rejects GOP bid to block early voting on Saturday | The Hill
                              The Glynn County (where I live) Board of Elections voted to not allow early voting on Saturday. I am not sure if this ruling will change that or not.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

The Glynn County (where I live) Board of Elections voted to not allow early voting on Saturday. I am not sure if this ruling will change that or not.
                                It will not. The decision just permits counties to hold voting that day if they want to. There's a decent number that will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X