No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and I actually went and skimmed the Emma Green article. The latter part of it contains criticism of the "forever maskers" as being unrealistic. These activists are also far from believing in "blind trust for the authorities". The "authorities" dont go nearly far enough for their tastes.

Comment

• Well, I mean, yeah--THEY want to be the authority. That's the technocratic expert dream. That's the goal.

In any event, fuck off. And take Wizard with you.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Bunch of intriguing depositions today including RAY EPPS, false flag mastermind!!!!!

https://january6th.house.gov/news/pr...ee-materials-4
        And the Jan 6 "committee" revoked the subpoenas to DJT. They claim the "committee" will cease to exist on Jan 3, so what the heck. I hope this same committee is reconstituted with some Rs on it and that they publicize how Pelosi ignored the warnings from law enforcement about the potential for violence. Why did she reject Trump's offer of 20k troops to keep the peace?

Comment

• No need for quotes needed for the committee. It was a true committee that the GOP chose not to participate in. You can read up on it on the internet.

Comment

• heh
            Attached Files
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's missing your boy Elon.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaGeezer View Post

And the Jan 6 "committee" revoked the subpoenas to DJT. They claim the "committee" will cease to exist on Jan 3, so what the heck. I hope this same committee is reconstituted with some Rs on it and that they publicize how Pelosi ignored the warnings from law enforcement about the potential for violence. Why did she reject Trump's offer of 20k troops to keep the peace?
                Because there was no fucking offer.

Jesus. Next thing you will be telling us there are litter boxes in class rooms for kids that identify as cats.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  My oldest daughter, a practicing NP, and I had a conversation about masking. Right before Xmas day, with mild URI sx, decided to test for an upcoming family gathering in NC that involved older at risk family members. She tested + for COVID. Being on the safe side, she decided not to go. Can you go masked knowing you have COVID? How infectious are you having been vaxed and boosted? Masked v. unmasked?

These are key questions that are imminently answerable and we both suspected the data is available, e.g. what concentration of virions is exhaled by a vaxed and boosted person? In an indoor setting involving a COVID + person, what are the probabilities of you infecting others?

My informed opinion along with my daughter (absent studies that I am aware of) the probability is low, controversially, a mask my reduce that probability to near zero. What's frustrating is that PH authorities aren't providing this kind of information that allows individuals to make choices. The official thinking goes, well, we're to stupid to do that so, we'll just tell you to ISOLATE FOR 10d. Its science. Actually, it isn't. Nevertheless, we are still stuck in a fear based PH circumstance. Exactly where progs want the sheeple.
                  wearing a mask to prevent spread of covid is like wearing underwear to prevent the smell of a fart

Comment

• wearing a mask to prevent spread of covid is like wearing underwear to prevent the smell of a fart
                    RIght. I already said in my post that the evidence that masks stop the spread of SARS2 is "controversial." That's because published studies looking at this are not good enough to draw conclusions. More studies need to be conducted and I also suggested what COVID related hypotheses ought to be studied.

As for precautions, scientists have different opinions on the effectiveness of masks in preventing COVID-19 transmission. Published studies suggested that medical masks may help in preventing respiratory virus infection. But the currently available experimental results are too preliminary to support an informed policy. In conclusion, we need more well-designed and robust research on the effectiveness of masks in preventing COVID-19 infection.

My main point was that the CDC tells you to mask up to prevent the spread of SARS2 despite reliable studies that report masking, contrarily, does and doesn't help doing that. So, WTF!

A secondary point is that the progs running the show right now within HHS don't want you to make informed decisions about protecting yourself and others from COVID. They want to TELL YOU what you must do and in this case, that is clearly NOT what the science says. IMO, if users of the internet posting on various forums/platforms lock on to one view of masking, they do the same kind of misinforming the public as the CDC does. Pay attention to both sides of the question and the answers.

TBC, I am opposed to any kind of mask mandate. Give the public the information they need to make an informed decision. The CDC and state PH agencies that dispense guidance are notorious for trying to read too much into how the public will act on specific PH advice they put out there and select and adjust it on that basis. It's dumb and I sure as fuck don't want a government like that in my life. Give me the facts, options and then I'll decide.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Because there was no fucking offer.

Jesus. Next thing you will be telling us there are litter boxes in class rooms for kids that identify as cats.
                      Correct. There was no order. Several of his own aides have testified that the only national guard request Trump made was that they march with him and his drooling, imbecile supporters to Congress.

Comment

• STFU
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          STFU
                          Shaddup, you degenerate

Comment

• Wiz's total disrespect for the memory of Pele sickens me. RIP Pele. Shame on you, THE_WIZARD_

Comment

• Speaking of Ukraine ....... earlier today Russia launched somewhere around 100 missiles and something like 60 drones across Ukrain's major cities. Some were intercepted, some weren't and those that get through continue to destroy critical Ukrainian electrical infrastructure. Most leaders voicing an opinion that the sustained attacks, the clear purpose to bring misery and cold to Ukraine's civilians are war crimes. Military targets are not being attacked and it is not because the Ukrainians are good at hiding it. They are but there are Russian sympathizers inside Ukraine and those that collaborate with the Russians spotting military targets and providing post attack BDA. Even with that intel, Putin orders his commanders to not attack military targets but rather terrorize civilians with the limited stocks of PGMs that remain.

We know that Russia is seeking arms from NK and Iran. If China is helping out they're doing it surreptitiously. I wouldn't doubt that they are. Russia doesn't have the armaments production capacity to resupply the wide range of armaments that are being expended every day in Ukraine. Sanctions make that undertaking hard. It was announced earlier this week that the US and NATO allies are working to prevent Iran from supplying bit-piece electronics to Russia. We know from retained debris from Iranian drones that they are loaded with western electronic components. There is no doubt that Iran is planning to pump PGMs, including cruise missiles, into Russia. I'm guessing more than half of the missiles that the Russians continue to launch into Ukraine are not coming from Russia's depleted arsenal but rather from NK, Iran and possibly China. There may be others. It isn't possible to completely choke this off.

The MSM continues to talk about peace initiatives. My bet is that these stories are being sourced from Russian propagandists. It is well understood that Putin is trying to create a certain type of messaging and narrative in the western information space. The purpose is to get the west to pressure the Zelenski government to give in to Russian demands that are mostly ridiculous and amount to the surrender of the Ukrainian government. The terms officially presented by each side that are out there in the public domain conclusively demonstrate Putin is disinterested in any other outcome than his maximalist goals, to wit, the defeat of the Ukrainian armed forces. Likewise, the Ukrainians now insist on the return of Ukrainian control of all the territory now occupied by the Russian military and administrators seized since before 2014, including Crimea. Moreover, the Zelenski government will not enter into any negotiations with Russia until alleged war crimes are adjudicated in the appropriate venue - The International Criminal Court (ICC). Russia, controversially, is not a signatory of the Rome Statute that set up the ICC. They did sign it in 2000 but "withdrew their signature" in 2017 when the ICC adjudged Russia's seizure of Crimea as an occupation.

Good luck trying to bring this clusterfuck to an end for the foreseeable future.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Alt Right trash and man-o-sphere influencer Andrew Tate arrested on sex trafficking charges in Romania.

Comment

Working...
                                X