Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    Geez. A speechwriter should know not to use contractions with something that hot. You use a structure that can't be misinterprted. ``will NOT'', ``rates are gonna stay the same for...'', etc. That's a standard part of being a competent speechwriter, or at least I think it is. You'd think Hillary can afford some quality ones.
    Yep. In addition she is not a good speaker. Her inflection and emphasis are terrible. A definitive and defiant ARE NOT was called for in this instance.

Regardless, she did not say that she was going to raise taxes on the middle class. Hell, context alone should shut that lame claim down, but alas, the Trumpanzees...
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Agreed.

Comment

• that side of the isle would have never let Bush get away with the "mistake" and neither would the media. Just saying

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• That's because it played into the Bush is a gaffe machine narrative.

And Geezer, you are absolutely right on manufacturing. The manufacturing sector is later than ever. It's just most of the work is automated or higher end equipment now.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• It's way too early to get carried away, but recent polls put Hillary ahead in Georgia and Arizona

Comment

• Good Lord. Are you guys going to believe Politifact or your own lying eyes and ears? Watch and listen.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ua13_gYQn0"]Clinton: 'RAISE TAXES ON THE MIDDLE CLASS!' 8-1-2016 - YouTube[/ame]

Quite pertinently, I posted some of the "uninteresting" emails from the hack of the DNC computer. Politifact was running their reporting through the DNC for approval before publication. Spare me the "scientific analysis".

I figure she made a mistake, either that or she farted right after she made the blooper. Watch her face.

Her spending proposals will cost $ 3.5 TRILLION over 10 years and her tax increases will cost $ 1.3 TRILLION. Of course, she says she won't raise taxes because she figures to just deficit spend like Obama has ($ 10 TRILLION so far).

And in other news, "Black Labs Matter" T-shirts are being called racist and intolerant.
              Last edited by Da Geezer; August 5, 2016, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Hey Da Geezer, what happened to your monthly jobs report? I haven't seen you post one since June.

Comment

• Hillary is just playing it smart. Raising taxes on the middle class has always been a winning formula. Kinda like when Obama said he visited all 57 states. Most people only hit 50 max.

Comment

• froot:

Yup. A very good jobs report. 255,000 new jobs added (225,000 being the number needed monthly to adjust for population increases), and more important, the labor participation rate went up. The largest gain was in employees who did not graduate high school. That means employers are having trouble filling jobs, which in turn means we may be coming out of the recession.

Let's see if any "adjustment" happens next month.

Comment

• Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• 12 year old boy decapitated at Schlitterbahn waterpark in KCK. Beyond awful.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...lide/88373128/

Unfortunately, this isn't terribly surprising. They have had problems with this monstrosity from the jump...failed to pass safety inspections before it opened, and has been closed at least once for "adjustments" after it did. I suspect its going to get sued out of existence, and rightfully so. I think the concept is just bad.

Comment

• The boy was the son of the State rep from Olathe.

Comment

• just horrible...

Comment

• Disney is building a stone wall where that Nebraska child was snatched last month.

Apparently, the parents are NOT suing WDW but I did read that Disney gave the family a confidential private multi-million dollar settlement.

PR nightmare........"Sure it is safe to bring your children to Disney World, just bring a lot of them".
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• If you haven't seen the documentary "Red Army" about the 'Russian 5', I can vouch for it. It's very good. Any hockey fan will love it. Even if you're not a hockey fan, it's very interesting from a sociopolitical perspective.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X