Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its being reported he was an honor student with a "personality disorder"

Comment

• The flow of information is still very fluid and potentially unreliable. Here are two other items from CNN

Updated at 1:30 a.m. ET]
      A family member of suspected shooter Adam Lanza told investigators that he had a form of autism, according to a law enforcement official, who spoke under condition of anonymity due to the sensitive nature of the investigation.

[Updated at 12:30 a.m. ET] Despite earlier reports that said she was a teacher, Nancy Lanza, the suspect's mother, was not a teacher at the school where the killings took place, said Janet Vollmer, a kindergarten teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Not much is known about the suspect's mother or the suspect Adam Lanza. In September 2009 - when Adam Lanza was 17 - his mother and father divorced, court documents show. What happened after that for him, what caused the shootings that has shocked the nation, isn't clear.
      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• There has been more misinformation/too early reporting on this tragedy than anything I'd ever seen before. Annoying as hell.

Comment

• In this day of instant reporting the "facts" are merely an inconvenient nuisance

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
            In this day of instant reporting the "facts" are merely an inconvenient nuisance
            +1

Comment

• Who's the best coach in the NFL? Of course, Michigan royally screws this up too by letting Carr refuse to hire this guy, (college stud QB, 14 -year NFL veteran QB) as Michigan's QB coach. I guess Carr knew more about playing the position than Jimmy Harbaugh.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Harbaugh wasn't going to stay at U-M. The NFL was always where he would wind up, especially since his brother is in the league.
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I agree with talent -- somethings you just can't allow yourself to really think about, and Jim Harbaugh's one of them if you're a Michigan fan. I don't care if he stayed for 5 minutes -- anyone should want Harbaugh as their coach for any period of time whatsoever. He's young, though -- 48. He's got time for an NFL HC career with full honors and will still have a lot of years left in him for new challenges by the time LC, MSC and those others are gone.

Comment

• Maybe he'll get bored after winning the Super Bowl?

Comment

• Maybe he'll get bored after winning the Super Bowl?
                      Walsh was the only coach to go back to college after winning a SB wasn't he?

Comment

• Didn't know Walsh went back to college. I just know that he's one of the best coaches -- PERIOD -- and a smart AD uses the chip on his shoulder to lure him in, because at some point he may want a different challenge. He's still really young.

Brandon's successor -- hopefully after Brandon's failed senate bid -- should tell him to think about how much he'll enjoy winning in Ann Arbor while LC, MSC and the others too stuffy to recognize how much Michigan needs him will have to sit back and watch while he wins and sends little coded daggers at them in press conferences.

Comment

• Didn't know Walsh went back to college.
                          I thought he went back to Stanford

eta: yep 92-94

Comment

• tks. Hadn't realized.

I didn't express myself properly there. I acknowledge it would be uncommon. What I meant was not only that you can't find ten better coaches in the game, but also that:

1. Harbaugh's teams are the best and closest approximation of what Michigan's football program aims to be in its ideal form.

2. At least at one point, he wanted to be in Ann Arbor. That ship admittedly may have sailed.

3. You get him here by telling him once he's had his success in SF or elsewhere in the NFL that this is his chance to rub it in the faces of those who rejected him the first time he tried to join the UM coaching staff, and also his chance at coaching history by coming back and winning a title. And at a school with higher standards. My suspicion is that it's the first selling point that works best. He can probably win in SF and then take that Stanford job back if he wants it and win a college title that way. Michigan has to work every angle.

4. Again, there is lots and lots of time. Harbaugh's got 20-25 more years of coaching, if he wants to do it that long. Doesn't have to be now, and it doesn't have to be for 15 years. Again -- he's just so good a coach that Michigan ought to suspend its desire to have every coaching hire announce that he'll retire in the chair.

Comment

• The back story behind Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Garnett‘s bus stop faceoff after a hard-fought game at Madison Square Garden on Monday seems to have been over words K.G. said about Melo’s reportedly estranged wife who left him recently, La La Anthony, according to Black Sports Online.

Those words allegedly were “your wife tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios.”

The two all-star players got tangled up several times during the hard fought game, which the Boston Celtics ended up winning 102-96. But not before Melo and K.G. were both hit with technical fouls after elbowing each other under the rim and getting in each other’s faces. The back and forth was so intense that the players had to be separated. K.G. is seen jawing off at Melo during the back-and-forth but it is not clear what was said.

Apparently, Melo wasn’t satisfied with the battle ending on the court. The New York Daily News reports that he yelled furiously at K.G. outside the Celtics’ locker room after the game. Then he tried to confront him as the Celtics boarded their team bus. Five NYPD officers, Garden security and Knicks head coach Mike Woodson raced to the scene to break up the confrontation before it could escalate.
                              SEE ALSO: Gabby Giffords Gets Tough On Gun Violence

While Melo would not give specifics on what set him off, he did tell the Daily News he could have handled the conflict better:

“It’s something you just don’t say to men, another man,” Anthony said following practice at the Knicks’ training facility in Greenburgh.

“My mindset and motive of going back there to see him at the locker room and seeing him at the bus, I wanted to have a one-on-one conversation with him and talk about it like two grown men,” Anthony said.

Anthony, 28, did call Garnett, 36, after the confrontation at the Garden bus ramp, according to NBA sources.

League officials are looking into the incident, as it does with all matters involving players requiring police to stop an altercation.

“Nothing happened for me to be suspended,” Anthony said. “I wanted to talk to K.G. and I think it was something we both needed to get off our chests and see what really was the problem. There were no altercations. It was just words and a conversation we just needed to have.”

In hindsight, Anthony admitted, “I lost my cool.” “It just was out of character,” he said. “I allowed some negativity to come into my circle. “It’s over with for me. Whatever happened last night, happened. The words that was being said between me and Garnett, it happened; can’t take that away. I accept that, but there’s just certain things that push certain people’s buttons.”

Woodson came to Anthony’s defense, saying a great player’s loss of composure can be forgiven. “We’ve sat down and we’ve talked about it,” Woodson said. “Listen, Melo’s been playing at a high level and Melo likes winning. He’s tasted that here and he’s a big part of why we’re winning and hey, he just can’t have slippage like that.”

K.G., for his part, blamed the intensity of the game on he and Melo’s heated confrontation.

La La and Melo have been separated for several months, according to the Daily News. The reality TV star often attended every Knicks home game and even traveled on the road to see her husband play last season. Reportedly, she does not keep up the same schedule any longer and that her attendance at Monday’s game was her first this season. Also, she reportedly tweets less frequently about Melo than she did in the past.

K.G., a future Hall of Fame power forward, is known for trash talking and has a reputation for hitting below the belt with his words.

On Mother’s Day 1999, K.G. reportedly told San Antonio Spurs star Tim Duncan “Happy Mother’s Day, motherf—er!” Duncan’s mother died of cancer when he was 14. And, in 2010, he allegedly called Detroit Pistons forward Charlie Villanueva “a cancer patient.” Villanueva suffers from alopecia, which stops hair growth.
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• It's rude and crude but Melo is supposed to be able to deal with that kind of stuff without going postal.

Comment

Working...
                                X