No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Z has cleaner lines. That weird serrated thing by the back of the window is something that's a little weird. But my emotional connection is admittedly with the ZX. My dad had one when I was young and then my best friend in high school bought one.

Comment

• How I remember my favorite Z

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Rice burners .......

Get with the program, Tony. Heh, heh.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            Rice burners .......

Get with the program, Tony. Heh, heh.

True JB, we won the War and Japan floods the US market with these rice rockets. When my brother bought his 1973 it was already 10 years old. Young kid, no cash, it served its purposed. Added Duel Webers, it flew!

240 Z US sales:
            1969 = 3
            1970 = 17,005
            1971 = 40,219
            1972 = 60,025
            1973 = 51,332
            ------ Total 168,584
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• My favorite car was this one

It wasn't overpowered but damn it handled beautifully. Fun to drive especially with the roof stowed.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• In 1966, the year I entered Michigan as a Freshman, I bought this used car, still one of my favorites, for $4500.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ........ and this 67, in 1969, for $6700 after saving up from two summers of night shifts at $14/hr in the Corvair Plant in Ypsilanti. The UAW had it going on in those days!

Comment

• My current All American, 2007 C7 Coupe. A sweet driving machine.

Comment

• ..... and just so there is no question with regard to my love for American Automobiles and no particular preference for GM, my wife, Ann's, Mustang convertible on the right:

Comment

• Get those cars off the lawn!!

Comment

• My current All American, 2007 C7 Coupe. A sweet driving machine.
                          That would be a C6. The C7 is the new one

Comment

• Definitely, off the lawn! The Santa gnome deserves to have a bit of space around him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                              That would be a C6. The C7 is the new one
                              Whoops ..... right ...... 2007, C6.

Cars on the lawn ..... I tried to make a Christmas Card from that photo. It sucked, just like the picture does.

Comment

• I remember when you rolled up to the Masters in Augusta in that baby, thought it was Tiger Woods pulling into the wrong parking lot. Didn't you have a red fastback Mustang or did you cleverly "sell it" to Ann?

If only you still had that 1967 Stingray!

--------------------------

The first car I bought was from my mother at 16, a Monte Carlo for $500 bucks, embarrassing. However my second, while in high school was a Sexy Dago, the 1985 Alfa Romeo 2.0 L, I used to fill that car full of girls.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 17, 2013, 09:35 AM.
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X