No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good old Bubba. He'll never change ...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He must like it with a bit of teeth.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
        Where'd he have the other 30?
        Whoops. He had 3,630 career hits.

Comment

• "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The full article in most recent sports illustrated....

He was Sgt. Nathan Noble, in charge of a squad of 12 infantry marines in Iraq. That was six years ago. Today, Noble, 29, is a field goal- kicking YouTube sensation and a potential walk on at the University of Wyoming. In this week’s Sports Illustrated, Justin Heckert examines how Noble is rediscovering his sense of purpose through football (PAGE 57).

After returning from three tours of duty and working a string of odd jobs, Noble found himself in his home, coaching Georgetown College soccer, attending the University of Kentucky and kicking footballs incredible distances in his free time. His life was respectable and normal until local news outlets began covering his extraordinary ability to send footballs sailing through the goal post from over 50 yards away— consistently. Soon, offers to walk on from elite football programs all over the country were flooding Noble’s door and it was clear his life was heading in a different direction. As more and more programs gained interest, Noble was forced to turn them away. He had previously decided to complete his last year in college at Wyoming.

“You have an uphill battle at one of those bigger schools,” said Devin Barclay, Noble’s friend who had retired from Major League Soccer at 22 and walked on at Ohio State as a placekicker in 2009. “But at Wyoming it’s probably a perfect fit; he could really have a chance to make an impact”.
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Five-star Virginia commit arrested during official visit

According to multiple media outlets, 19-year-old Taquan Mizzell was arrested by Charlottesville police very early Sunday morning and charged with underage possession of alcohol. The Washington Post writes that “[a]n officer spotted Mizzell, 19, standing in the middle of the street trying to kick a moving vehicle, Lt. Ronnie Roberts said, before determining Mizzell had been drinking.”

The incident occurred around 2:30 a.m. local time as Mizzell was on the backside of a visit to Virginia. Mizell had committed to the Cavaliers in August of last year and was taking an official visit to the school.

As Mizell has not yet signed his National Letter of Intent, UVa. coaches are not permitted to comment on the situation.

Rivals.com ranks the five-star Virginia Beach product as the No. 1 all-purpose running back in the country and the No. 29 player at any position in the country. He’s also rated as the No. 3 player in the state of Virginia.

Mizell is the first five-star commitment of the Mike London era, and the first for the football program since Eugene Monroe in 2005.

Comment

• Whoops. He had 3,630 career hits.

Are we talking about Clinton or Stan?
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Meant to post this here last week.

"They are the superheroes of the animal world" is my favorite part.

Comment

• heh... not mine, but I'm not a fan of mizzou... so...

Comment

• That be a #4/#5 class in the B10, of course I believe rivals grossly overrates the southeast at the expense of the north.

Comment

• As does ESPN.

Comment

• Mizzou needs to learn how to cheat better...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Is there an explanation for the icons (2nd column from the left) when you open the forums page. There is an explanation, with pictures, for the first column at the bottom of the page, but not for the second column. For instance, there is a green arrow next to several of the threads. I may have missed the explanation in the FAQ section.

Comment

• This is a worthwhile view. Check it out. You'll be glad you did.

http://www.viddler.com/embed/70d1d21...ablebranding=0
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• tony.. saw that on facebook. Despite all my concerns about the change in america's culture, I keep having hope when I see stories like this. It is worth watching again.

Comment

Working...
                                X