No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kwame Kilpatrick was just sent to Federal prison. So that's good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Kwame Kilpatrick was just sent to Federal prison. So that's good news.
      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKxwKgHuswE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]The Other Guys - I hope you like prison food... and penis! - YouTube[/ame]
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Kwame would be elected mayor of Detroit again if he were allowed to run.

The people who vote in that city just never learn.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Coleman Young agrees with you.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• That's why I have very little sympathy for Detroit in general. The electorate kept voting for King Coleman and all his cronies and look where it got them. They're still electing people who supported the way he did things. Kwame tried to emulate King Coleman's ways, but got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Had he not gotten caught, he'd still be Detroit's mayor.

Comment

• Not different from anywhere else, though. Staying away from domestic examples that may constitute politicising forum talk, how was Berlusconi even allowed to run in Italy? The Shinawatra hold over Thailand makes no sense at all either. He tried to sell elements of the country's national security apparatus to Singapore for chrissakes and now he's running the country again pretty much with his sister in the PM job. Bottom line: people are easy to fool when it comes to elections. And Detroiters are people.

Comment

• The people of Detroit are especially bad. The city has probably long since passed the point where it will ever be capable of electing good leadership again. Just about everyone with some skills or a brain has left.

Comment

• Dunno how you can say that. It's not the same electorate today as it was then, and we're talking about a phenomenon observable in plenty of electorates. Canada elects Stephen Harper repeatedly despite his desire to gut the sacred-cow government programmes that Canadians consistently say they want and are willing to pay taxes for. There's just so many examples of this. No point in singling out Detroit or thinking it is special or different.

Certainly I agree that Detroit's talent pool is much smaller now though.

Comment

• Canada doesn't have an insane umemployment rate and it doesn't look like Nuremberg c1945. Detroit is a gigantic third world ghetto. It's unbelievably bad. About half of the city has been abandoned. You could shoot a post-apocalyptic movie there without having to build any sets. There isn't another city in the first world, except for maybe New Orleans, where the failure of elected leadership has been more obvious and more disastrous than Detroit.

Comment

• There isn't another city in the first world, except for maybe New Orleans, where the failure of elected leadership has been more obvious and more disastrous than Detroit.
                      ^^^^^ This ^^^^^

Comment

• ...and Washington D.C....
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          Canada doesn't have an insane umemployment rate and it doesn't look like Nuremberg c1945. Detroit is a gigantic third world ghetto. It's unbelievably bad. About half of the city has been abandoned. You could shoot a post-apocalyptic movie there without having to build any sets. There isn't another city in the first world, except for maybe New Orleans, where the failure of elected leadership has been more obvious and more disastrous than Detroit.
                          It's not all "Cupcakes and Jesus Juice " Hanni. For example, Patrick Chan of Toronto just won his third world figure-skating title, primed for Sochi 2014. Honestly though, grown men should never wear such costumes or blouses IMO.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I shudder when I think of the tux I wore to my senior prom. The shirt had lace cuffs....

... and even scarier .. all the rest of the guys wore them too ...

Comment

• Gay.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Liney:

you had me at hello
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X