Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
    Hey OP and Hoss I've been out celebrating my birthday instead of trolling the internet for anecdotal stories about Texan vigilantes.
    Happy Birthday, Stan! You don't look a day past 97!

Comment

• Preliminarily it appears Castilo had a CCW at some point. Second, there is a tremendous responsibility to present with common sense and within protocol to the police. Wait for the investigation to conclude.

The document shows that Castile, who was shot and killed by a Minnesota police officer on July 6, had been licensed to carry a gun since June 2015
      Last edited by Prime2; July 13, 2016, 06:48 PM.
      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Not to change the subject but .. here's a pic of my back yard .. after a storm roared thru here about 30 minutes ago ...

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• You didn't want that tree anyway?

Comment

• No, we didn't want it. Its pretty badly rotted out, and it was just a matter of time before a good gust of wind took it down. The remaining trunk needs to come down as well, and there's yet another tree to the right that you can't see in the picture that needs to come down as well.

Hopefully, I'll be able to salvage some firewood for the bonfire, and for the fireplace.

Comment

• Did it fall on your Mother-In-Law?
              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                Did it fall on your Mother-In-Law?
                lol... nope. She lives over 700 miles from here, and we get along just fine that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Police killings aren't racially disproportionate. So, meh. I mean, I know it contradicts the narrative. But that shouldn't matter unless you still believe Ferguson was a "murder."
                  As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

Comment

• I realize this is from HuffPo...but that said, the Trump campaign remains a complete disorganized mess strapped for cash

Comment

• Happy birthday Stan - and many returns!
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Oracle:

ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Get with the latest, obvious data. AAs are vastly more likely to commit murder. Duh. The idea AAs are vastly more likely to be violent with look police should come as zero surprise to anyone. Even you.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                          I don't know what to call pinning a man to the ground and shooting him is if it is not murder.

Lynch might have to give a non answer on that SLF but since you already know this about all things billary what really needs to be said?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Oracle:

ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Get with the latest, obvious data. AAs are vastly more likely to commit murder. Duh. The idea AAs are vastly more likely to be violent with look police should come as zero surprise to anyone. Even you.
                            Very interesting, and thank you for the link. I didn't drill down deep enough to see where the in-custody category like Sandra Bland or Freddie Gray is accounted for, but this is definitely interesting. That said, ``obvious'' is a curious choice of wording here. It wasn't obvious to the author of the research that there is no bias in officer-involved shootings, who expressed surprise at the outcome, as the post notes. It is obvious to most, as the chart shows, that police are more aggressive with blacks than with whites.
                            Last edited by hack; July 14, 2016, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• A note about zerohedge: depending on how long you've read, you may have noticed it's gotten a little silly in the last few years. I used to like it a lot, but it seems to have gone off the rails into baiting. Here's some internal mudslinging: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...-renegade-blog. The top post this morning, about the pound rallying due to the central bank declining to raise interest rates, is an interesting example of how this site just kind of alleges things in line with its agenda lately. Saying the pound has spiked due to that, before people in New York get to their desks to give the move the volume a trader would want, is pretty ridiculous given that the pound has been rallying since the Tories picked their new leader two days ago. Zerohedge has just become a pretty weird place. This fits with their institution-bashing agenda, which has been great in the past, but at this point it looks like it really is mostly clickbait. Used to be a good site.
                              Last edited by hack; July 14, 2016, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• I was on a mobile phone and couldn't link the actual article published by Harvard. Zerohedge or whatever was the first link I found. Obviously, if you find it interesting one should read the actual research paper.

It's "obvious" or at least "expected" if your familiar with population percentages, police killings percentages, and violent crime/murder percentages. That is, if you've thought about the issue seriously in a macro sense rather than anecdotally. That said, I guess I was surprised when I looked at the numbers I mentioned I roughed out an initial conclusion.
                                Last edited by iam416; July 14, 2016, 08:48 AM.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X