Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol, still amazing that this is the President

The United States is now the number one producer of oil and natural gas anywhere in the world. And that all happened over the last two years. Big difference. Hillary wanted to put up wind. Wind. If you -- if you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations your house just went down 75 percent in value.And they say the noise causes cancer. You told me that one. Okay. You know, the thing makes it -- it's so -- And of course, it's like a graveyard for birds. If you love birds you'd never want to walk under a windmill because it's a very sad, sad sight. It's like a cemetery. We put a little -- we put a little statue for the poor bird.It's true. You know, in California, if you shoot a Bald Eagle they put you in jail for five years and yet, the windmills wipe them all out. It's true. They wipe them out. It's terrible.

And I told the other day at CPAC, great people at CPAC. We had an incredible thing. I had nothing to do. It was early on a Saturday morning I had just gotten back from dealing with Kim Jong-un. We had to walk.He wasn't ready for deal. That's okay, because we get along great. He wasn't ready. I told him, "You're not ready for a deal." That's the first time anybody has ever told him that and left. It's never happened to him before. Nobody's ever left. But I said, "You're not ready for a deal, but we'll make it deal." We have a good relationship.We have a good relationship.

But I told a story about CPAC, the woman, she wants to watch television and she says to her husband, "Is the wind blowing? I'd love to watch your show tonight, darling. The wind hasn't blown for three days. I can't watch television, darling. Darling, please tell the wind to blow." No, wind's not so good.And you know, you have no idea how expensive it is to make those things. They're all made in China and Germany, by the way, just in case you -- We don't make them here, essentially. We don't make them here. And by the way, the carbon and all of the things flying up in the air, you know, the carbon footprint?

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• All I can ever think about when I read a Trump transcript.

Comment

• And yet some folks credit him with perfect knowledge of the Charlottesville situation. Heh. That one time, that ONE TIME where he actually knew what the fuck was going one. Heh heh.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            And yet some folks credit him with perfect knowledge of the Charlottesville situation. Heh. That one time, that ONE TIME where he actually knew what the fuck was going one. Heh heh.
            Your prickery duly noted, Counselor

Comment

• Your excellent Abe Simpson clip duly noted. One of my favorites. Now, STFU.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The crazy rantings on wind power is a base play. Go into the Thumb and ask some Trumpers about windmills.

Comment

• I see advertisements all over my hometown right now on billboards and the like trying to find people to fill mostly blue collar type factory and warehouse jobs. I see them on the interstate too when I am travelling. I don't recall ever seeing those before. At least not in this number.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    The crazy rantings on wind power is a base play. Go into the Thumb and ask some Trumpers about windmills.
                    From the Azores ........ not a lot of political discussion goes on in our group we are traveling in but in general Europeans laugh about the idiocy of Brexit a bit more than that of Trump's idiotic pronouncements. But it is, indeed, a base play and, again in general from what I can gather, those from abroad paying attention to US politics can't understand how Americans are so gullible as to believe this liar can be a president capable of acting wisely and in a considered manner.

I tend to agree.

AA, if Trump is "insane" as you assert, and I can agree with you based on his public behavior, inquiring Europrans ask, "why is he still the sitting president?"

IYO, what should I tell them?
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• tell them half the country is interested in America First policies while the other half are perpetually offended cucks that would rather put the interests of other countries above the interests of the American people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

AA, if Trump is "insane" as you assert, and I can agree with you based on his public behavior, inquiring Europrans ask, "why is he still the sitting president?"
                        Tell them that he is the President because the political system is broken and the only guy who spoke of any credible solutions to preserving the country was the crazy guy. Tell them that the Republican Party has been completely inept at stopping the destruction of our society and had no desire to do so, and so people found someone who promised to stop it. Tell them that Trump faced fifteen primary opponents whose only goal in life was to not be called a "racist". And the combination of the fake piss dossier and phony RussiaGate/FakeNews debacle and all of the backstabbing behavior by Beltway Republicans has confirmed Trump voters' views of the American political system as accurate, if not overly optimistic.

I'm sure that most Europeans look at Trump as a major clown, but I think that at some level, the native popualtions there understand. They are experiencing their own version of this madness all over Europe. That is why far right nationalist parties have suddenly emerged out of nowhere as major political players. The Yellow Vest protesters in France are a Right Wing reactionary movement. In some ways, it is worse in Europe because people like me don't have first Amendment protection rights and you can literally go to prison for offending women and minorities now.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; April 5, 2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                          tell them half the country is interested in America First policies while the other half are perpetually offended cucks that would rather put the interests of other countries above the interests of the American people.
                          Ummmmm........ I think I'll let this post percolate.

Frankly, my view is that Europens stopped thinking the interests of American people were more important than that of the rest of the world about 3 or 4 decades ago. Right or wrong about that, I dont think telling them what you suggest is going to be well received.

America is not, in general, held in high regard by Europeans or, for that matter, much of the rest of the world. It can be sobering to hear that. Not that I agree with them mind you, but, a broad perspective may be better than an Americo-centric one. YMMV and I'm pretty sure yours will.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Ummmmm........ I think I'll let this post percolate.

Frankly, my view is that Europens stopped thinking the interests of American people were more important than that of the rest of the world about 3 or 4 decades ago. Right or wrong about that, I dont think telling them what you suggest is going to be well received.

America is not, in general, held in high regard by Europeans or, for that matter, much of the rest of the world. It can be sobering to hear that. Not that I agree with them mind you, but, a broad perspective may be better than an Americo-centric one. YMMV and I'm pretty sure yours will.
                            don't really care what Euro cucks think tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              ..........I'm sure that most Europeans look at Trump as a major clown, but I think that at some level, the native popualtions there understand. They are experiencing their own version of this madness all over Europe. That is why far right nationalist parties have suddenly emerged out of nowhere as major political players. That is what is driving the Yellow Vest protests in France. In some ways, it is worse in Europe because people like me don't have first Amendment protection rights and you can literally go to prison for offending women and minorities now.
                              Yes, they do.

Those that Express this view are Brits. Most of them that I come in contact with loathe the EU and its drift to the left. Conservative parliamentarians are held in low regard there by conservative Brits who feel much like some Republicans in America feel. Admittedly, I'm a bit reluctant to engage at the level you suggest in your post. But, I'd welcome such a discussion.

Comment

Working...
                              X