Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Looking forward to racial injustice and Covid-19 being defeated this week.
    lmao
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Probably as much as I'm looking forward to Republicans rediscovering "fiscal discipline".
      No doubt, both sides are complete hypocrites. You won’t ever get an argument from me on that.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The final CNBC/Change polls of 6 battleground states. These have been a bit friendlier towards Trump all year than some other pollsters but in this last batch Biden leads in all six, although 4 are pretty close (Michigan & Wisconsin less so). Biden is at or above 50% in all but North Carolina (he leads 49-47 there, his smallest margin).

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/02/2020...ng-states.html
        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; November 3, 2020, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• The potential for post election results violence is disturbing...... as in never in my life would I have expected that. This isn't Belarus or it shouldn't be. We should be wary of the media's reporting on the potential for violence and blaming the Trump presidency for creating the circumstances for it.

If Trump is agitating for violence he does it unintentionally and because his messaging sucks. He constantly leaves himself open for attacks from the press and his political opponents by what he says. or tweets.

The cause of the current political environment - one which allegedly creates the potential for violence - is the polarization of ideas that has infiltrated American thought for more than a decade. I'd argue that the worst offenders of that process, a driving force of it, is the left who has done everything it can to denigrate American institutions and values. You could say the left is reaping what it has sowed ..... and never mind that authoritarian governments, communists or otherwise, world wide are enjoying seeing it happen if not actively participating in the left's destruction.

Resistance to these activities is to be expected. I don't like it but here we have a politically polarized legislative branch and a bickering executive branch that can't find middle ground between progressive (leftist) and conservative thought setting the example that the masses follow. The intransigence of Speaker Pelosi to yield ground to conservatives on an absolutely essential stimulus package is a perfect example of how polarization of the legislative process puts progressive thought and ideas above national unity and economic vitality.

In the end, this isn't about Trump as an agitator of violence per se. It's about the dreadful political atmosphere in America driven by an uncompromising drift toward progressive and leftist values. Instead of pointing to Donald Trump as the bad guy, the left only needs to look at themselves to see the damage that has been wrought to the fabric of American life by the goals they have set for themselves and the nation.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There's plenty of fringe wackos on both sides to make the other side nervous about the election's aftermath. I have no doubt whatsoever that if/when Biden wins there will be plenty of armed Trumpsters ranting and raving about how the election was stolen, blah, blah, blah. Conversely, if Trump somehow pulls off re-election, the Antifa Left will undoubtedly riot, loot, and burn many major cities. Both scenarios are gonna suck but only one will engage in the wanton destruction of society.

Comment

• The cause of the current political environment - one which allegedly creates the potential for violence - is the polarization of ideas that has infiltrated American thought for more than a decade. I'd argue that the worst offenders of that process, a driving force of it, is the left who has done everything it can to denigrate American institutions and values. You could say the left is reaping what it has sowed ..... and never mind that authoritarian governments, communists or otherwise, world wide are enjoying seeing it happen if not actively participating in the left's destruction
              There's actually no way to argue otherwise unless you go Pravda on the issue and try to convince everyone the facts aren't real the that fake facts are.

Comment

• Both scenarios are gonna suck but only one will engage in the wanton destruction of society.
                That's true only if you're basing your conclusion on years and years of proven behavior.

Comment

• LMAO at the "both sides" bullshit.

The businesses are being boarded up as a precaution if Trump wins. You don't need to watch CNN or Fox News to find out who wins tonight. Just watch live feeds from the streets of LA, Portland, Phladelphia, etc. if those cities are on fire then Trump won.

Comment

• Bah. I have to go vote in an hour or so. Hopefully the lines will be down a bit from 7am. I don't think I've enthusiastically voted for President since maybe 2000 when I was an all-in D. Maybe 2004, but Kerry, meh.

This vote is just fucking awful. Just. Fucking. Awful.

Comment

• Trump has a Michigan rally last night and even though he was in attendance, Trump doesn't invite Senate candidate John James up on stage to say anything. Instead, he brings up rapper "Lil Pump", who Trump mistakenly called "Little Pimp". What a world.

Comment

• Jeff,

Yeah. Agreed. As distressing to me is the media in the complete tank for the Left. The propaganda machine is becoming worse and is an extension of the Left. And when the Left is in power, that propaganda arm becomes a de facto state-sanctioned media, which is a bit chilling.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Talent -- USSC court packing -- they'll do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            Jeff,

Yeah. Agreed. As distressing to me is the media in the complete tank for the Left. The propaganda machine is becoming worse and is an extension of the Left. And when the Left is in power, that propaganda arm becomes a de facto state-sanctioned media, which is a bit chilling.
                            Goddamn. Even AlabamAlum sees it. But, it's impossible to miss at this point.

Comment

• I'm still unconvinced that they'll pack the court. 1. I don't think they'll have the votes in the Senate. 2. It would be a MASSIVE overplaying of their hand that could set them back years. 3. Once that precedent is set, then the R's could just shrink it back/tailor it somehow to their desires when they're back in power. It will be a miserable outcome. It just seems so insanely stupid that I can't believe 51 U.S. Senators would go along with it.

Comment

• I'm with Mike, but I consider it definite possibility. Just not a likelihood.

Comment

Working...
                                X