No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa Dems now think they may be able to publish the "majority" of the results by 5 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
      If Biden comes in 4th in Iowa, get ready for the establishment panic.
      Then maybe my prediction from last summer, Buttigieg, has a shot in this primary.
      Pete has two big problems:

1) He is consistently a disaster with minority voters. He is not competitive in either Nevada or South Carolina

2) He bet big in Iowa and New Hampshire so his infrastructure out of the of first two is really really thin.

I think the guy that benefits is Bloomberg.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Crashcourse moves to Arizona and immediately gets in trouble.

Comment

• You beat me to it. Never mix Fox News, liquor and AR-15s!
          The man told police he was likely angered by something he saw on Fox News.

Comment

• Here a Times column on that Iowa app disaster. There's a rule in IT where you can get something good, fast or cheap, but you only get two.
            Democrats desperately need to win the internet to beat Trump. Their first big test was a massive failure.

Comment

• Susan Collins is voting to acquit, not at all unexpected, but I do gotta laugh at her assertion that Trump has "learned a big lesson" from all this

Heh, yeah. He's learned he can do it again and other than some very mild scolding, his party won't care.

Comment

• The entire DNC is a fucking disaster. Unless they somehow pull the Iowa Caucus out of the dumpster fire it's in, unless they can nominate a compromise candidate at their convention, the Ds are toast in November. If there ever was a moment that swung fence sitters back to trump - as distasteful as that might be to American voters who can't stand him - the Iowa Caucus is it.

Now, the Rs may fuck this up and loose momentum but Jeeeze, they are in the cat-bird seat right now.

I'm waiting for PDJT to go off-script tonight during the SOTU and open his mouth and insert foot ..... in any number of ways that would satisfy his seemingly unquenchable narcissism. One step forward, two steps back and all of that.

There were reports today that he was going to stay on message - his strong points - with the economy, defense, immigration, jobs/trade (although he will be lying out his ass about most of that) and how he has improved the HC delivery system (and he has but that doesn't get a lot of press) and not boast about his coming acquittal in the Senate. If he doesn't go off-script, it will mark a major turning point in his presidency indicating he is actually listening to folks in his administration that are WAAAAAY smarter than he is ever going to be.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• To be fair to the DNC, the Iowa Caucus ain't their fault. That's on the shoulders of the Iowa Dem party. I imagine there have been plenty of people at the DNC wishing they could bump the Iowa shitshow to March or April

BTW, we have short memories sometimes. Go back and look at how the Republican Caucuses of 2012 and 2016 turned out. Both were controversial. Heck, in 2012 it took them two weeks to get the result right and Mitt Romney's "victory" was overturned and Santorum declared the winner. And Trump screamed and screamed that Ted Cruz had used dirty tricks to beat him, pressuring the Iowa Republican Chairman multiple times to disavow the results (the results stood).

Comment

• Oh, I remember the R shit show in 2016. We'll also all remember how the DNC and HRC royally fucked themselves when in the cat-bird seat producing the clown we now have as president. So, goes both ways, I guess or regardless of sides, politicians are idiots.

And, while you are correct that the Iowa Caucus isn't the DNC's fault it besmirches them in a big way. They'll have to change the messaging after NH and hopefully that will go better than Iowa.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fun fact mentioned today is that none of the precinct captains received training using the app because a week before the election it was still being developed.

At that point you might think, I don't know, we hired the wrong people?

Comment

• But Biden is the most electable .....

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• No news when (or if) they will release the other 38% of the results.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Most of the time I think the winner of Iowa goes on to lose New Hampshire.

The New Hampshire polls have shown Biden almost always top 3, sometimes leading, though Bernie is the favorite there. Remains to be seen how much Iowa impacts that but history suggests probably not a lot. If he can at least finish 2nd in NH and Nevada he'll probably still win SC and then be on much firmer ground on Super Tuesday. Pete and Amy K don't have much of a chance in contests beyond NH.

Comment

• Comment

• He would have to make a career reinvention to have any hope in the future. He has two constituencies that either don't support him(African Americans) or actively despise him(Bernie supporters). He's a good politician that can raise funds and is not going to have gaffes but the McKinsey thing is going to dog him.

Comment

Working...
                                X