Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that he'd play and carry the ball more as a freshman at Michigan than OSU.

We'll have a better offensive line next year too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      I think that he'd play and carry the ball more as a freshman at Michigan than OSU.

We'll have a better offensive line next year too.
      No question about the OL and, if I've got this right, what M is doing with its OL should be more to the liking of Dunn than what meyer will do with osu's OL.

I'm not convinced Toussaint is going to be replaced by a Freshman. That guy has proven his mettle. So, I don't see him getting more playing time at M. I'll guarantee you, liar meyer is telling Dunn he's going to play as a Freshman while Brady and Co. are telling him he'll have to earn it.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• What it will come down to is whether he thinks he'll get more (earlier) playing time at M or at osu, what kind of OL he'll be running behind and what kind of coaching he'll have.
        I actually don't think this will have a great deal to do with it. If I had to break it down, I'd say that Dunn started out squarely in the OSU side with no thought of departing. Coach Tressel's departure and Dunn's relationship with Coach Hoke and his staff and the M 2012 recruits probably tilted things, by a hair, to M. Now it's up to UFM and Coach Fickell get Dunn comfortable enough with that staff and OSU's future to stay on board.

Dunn may cite to a system or a coach or whatever -- that's window-dressing. If he goes to M it's because he's very comfortable with the staff and has good relationships with a number of M recruits. If he comes to Columbus, it's because he loves OSU and feels good about the direction UFM will take the program.

I haven't a clue which one wins out at the moment. I think he's actually and honestly undecided. He's suppose to take an OV this weekend -- though, he hasn't even made up his mind to which school! Heh.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think that Fitz is generally going to be a 20 carry back, which leaves 15-25 carries for Denard and another tailback. I think that Dunn could get at least 10 of those next year. Maybe more on the occasion that for some reason, Fitz isn't very effective (e.g. NW and Iowa this year).

Comment

• There will be plenty of carries available for both Fitz and Dunn in Borges' offense. Which will make Denard even more dangerous, because his passing will improve naturally as well.

I hope that Dunn will consider which directions both programs are going. Not as far as "who is going to win and who is not", .. but from a scheme point of view. Michigan is transitioning to an offense that will be 100% suited to Dunn's skills. By time that transition is completed, Dunn will be starting his junior year, and will be the featured RB at Michigan for 2 more years.

At OlieO, the transition will be FROM the style of offense that suits his skills, TO a style that will be more of a "spread-option" style, which is most effective with smaller, shiftier RB's. And, Meyer WILL be recruiting those style of RB's, BEHIND Dunn, and they will eat into his playing time, which could make him a part of a "RB by committee" by time he's a senior.

I hope he realizes that his skills will be better utilized and appreciated at Michigan. It's really a no-brainer. And, of course, there is the family and friends connections at Michigan.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Brilliant, insightful and a fantastic contribution.
              Like my daddy always said, "Tell the truth, and other will admire you."
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                I hope he realizes that his skills will be better utilized and appreciated at Michigan. It's really a no-brainer. And, of course, there is the family and friends connections at Michigan.
                I hope he realizes that Michigan wants him because he can be a featured back, while O-lie-O simply wants to keep him from going to Michigan.

Comment

• I think there's a lot to that, Rocky. Meyer doesn't want to have to prepare for Dunn every year, and most importantly, he doesn't want a good Ohio player like Dunn to be helping Michigan recruit MORE ohio kids to Michigan while he's there ...

Comment

• I'm far more concerned about Dunn playing against OSU than Dunn helping Hoke beat UFM for Ohio recruits, the latter being a total non-concern.

Comment

• Outrageous. The general consensus on this board is that Hoke will easily out recruit Meyer in Ohio. Several posters want Hoke to get as negative as possible and reacted with complete dismay when he announced he would not go there.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• DeluSionaL

Comment

• Apparently, OSU's hockey team is off to a good start. Who knew? Maybe I'll go to this silly "winter classic" thing against M.

Also, my predicted finish to the OSU recruiting class (I'm going off of 6 available spots, though there will be 7 b/c I'm predicting Dunn flips):

Se'Von Pittman, Noah Spence, Joel Caleb, Kyle Dodson, Alex Kozan, Nick Davidson/Jordan Diamond (I want to say Diamond, but I think he'll head south) and AJ Legget. The last one is definitely weak guess.

Odenigbo and Dunn will go elsewhere.
                            Last edited by iam416; December 6, 2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Diamond is really an enigma. There have been times when I thought it was just a matter of hours before he dropped to us, only to be followed by times when he acts like he's never heard of Michigan. I don't think he'll be blue, and I agree he probably heads south.

I'm still 50/50 on Dunn. Hoke and his staff will have an in-house visit with him this week, but I think Meyer is going to get a visit afterward. That's the one that concerns me. There's a lot for him to like about Michigan, but Meyer can recruit. He can tug on those "ohio" heart strings.

Comment

• I hope someone in Dunn's family is good at reading people and has the sense to steer him toward the honest guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X