Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought you were guys were really low on scholarships.

Comment

• No, they're really low on morals, ethics, and civility. Meyer has unlimited scholarships to give out...until signing day that is.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I thought you were guys were really low on scholarships.
        Apparently, "insiders" feel they have 6 spots left. My understanding of things is that would include 1 WR/Ath, 2 OL, 1 LB, 1 Secondary and 1 LB/OL.

Reeves, obviously, is close with Williams, so OSU has, at least, a shot. But, I'm not sure where they stand on DB recruiting. The thing I don't know is whether the staff considers Bam Bradley a secondary player and whether they're concerned he might go to Stanford.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Bam Bradley is a strong safety, possible weak-side linebacker.

Comment

• I think he's a WLB. And UFM hasn't really made any effort to recuit additional CBs. Just Bradley at, arguably, SS and now, maybe Demetrius Cox.

So, Reeves puzzles me a bit.

Comment

• Odenigbo apparently committed to Northwestern.

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• Updated Rivals view of the top players in Ohio for 2013: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ohiostate/fo...ings/rank-3028

Gedeon and Love, I think, are considerably lower than they should be. And, while I like McCray a lot, I'm not sure he's top 5 in the state. But, TBH, #4-8 are really close -- and I think it should be #4-9 with Gedeon in there. The top 2 are the clear top 2. #3 is the, I think, the the clear #3.

Comment

• Michigan realistically in on anyone besides Thomas?

Comment

• They're in on a lot of them. Jake Butt, Gladney, Charlton, Gedeon and Deveon Smith off the top of my head. All are top 20 players and solid players.

Comment

• I suppose we lost any/all pull we had with Marshall, Price, Charlton, etc., when Hinton left...

From what I hear, Courtney Love is diamond in the rough...

Comment

• ND was probably considerably behind for Price and, at best, even for Marshall prior to the UFM hiring. Now, it's over. Burrows, too, for that matter.

Courtney Love is a player, IMO. He'll be a solid player for a good program. Same school as the McCarthys and such, but he's not white catholic, heh, so he might lack the natural allegiance to ND those boys had....

Charlton -- I don't think OSU will get involved* -- I think he ends up at M.

*UFM may offer, but, apparently, unlike Coach Tressel, UFM has various types of offers...commitable offers...2nd choice offers...do work/meet req offers...I could see Charlton getting an offer b/c UFM will probably offer everyone under the sun...heh...but it won't be "commitable" ... brave new world

Comment

• Agreed on Burrows and Marshall...but I don't think ND is simply going to concede Price...at least yet. Kelly had recruited Austintown Fitch while at Cinci, and we landed their RB Will Mahone in this class.

We may not have much of a shot, but I would hope that we persist just to maintain a presence if for no other reason.

Also, I saw that Meyer hasn't given up on Decker and formally offered him yesterday. I'm guessing that, despite Decker's affirmation of his commitment, ND is at risk as long as that OL coach spot is unfilled. May not be too much longer there. Alot of signs pointing to Harry Hiestand, who certainly is qualified in terms of resume/experience. Just need to make sure that he mesh's well with Kelly & Co.

Comment

• Yeah, Decker isn't done, but OSU has miles to go. He would be a tremendous get - best tackle in the state.

Price, I think, commits relatively early. Also, Fitch isn't that great for players, but it is good to have overall Youngstown presence.

Comment

• Nice to see Gordon Gee is on the road to redemption and makes his point as delicately as ever, should go over well in Polka Country.

As for Co-conspirator Gene Smith, he is proudly serving himself at the expense of OSU since 2005. Still on the job and going strong.....

"Who Stole the Keeshka?"
                                Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 12, 2012, 09:09 AM.
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X