Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get it. Don't these kids read the Sporting News?

Comment

• Sure. They're all stars, so they assume they'll be in the circle of trust!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well there ya go. I knew there was something I was missing

Comment

• Talent... I doubt they can read
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Meyer won't care as long as they can sign on the LOI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
              Every new business should have its own branded logo. No charge for this one Liney...

LOL, Jon--Love it!!

It really is a nice design, very eye-catching, I think it'll draw them in like a magnet when hungry and thirsty customers see that sign out front.

Comment

• In terms of logos, simpler the better...

Comment

• Better?
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• That would get me to stop and pull in.

Comment

• No.

Comment

• I heard they are still lying and cheating in columbus. Is that true?

Comment

• I reckon there is at least some lying and cheating going on everywhere. I heard Coach Hoke is still trying to win a conference title. Is that true? Wait, I already know the answer. Better get it done this year.

Comment

• Away game success is going to determine a lot in the Legends Division in 2012.

Among the contenders for the Division crown, MSU has to win both @ Michigan and @ Wisconsin to have a realistic shot and then not drop any home games or blow it against away teams that they should handle. Neb has to win @ Michigan State and @ Iowa. Michigan has to win its only questionable road game, in Division, at Neb. While they play @ osu, you could argue that M has the least daunting away schedule within their division and if they handle the rest of the teams and don't blow games, they have a good shot.

All bets are off if weird shit happens, there is a three or four way tie at the top and the Division winners are crowned by tiebreaker rules. The liklihood of that happening is fairly high, I would think, given that the B1G is famous for producing mind blowing upsets among its top teams and the perennial bottom dwellers.

The Leaders Division is going to be represented in the CCG by PSU backing in. No doubt ..... as long as the long shadow of the Jerry Sandusky catastrophe can be exorcized; and I think it will. Sports fans have a short memory ...... except for me when it comes to the lying, cheating sacks-o-shit in c-bus.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There is a huge drop-off in talent from Ohio and everyone else in the 'east.' Wisky helped itself out some by taking that QB though he's nowhere near the talent he's replacing... PSU lost a lot from last seasons squad which was lucky to play such a soft schedule...

Ohio by the end of the season was a pretty solid team, lots of young talent sorted themselves out and became much better players. in November than they were in September They lost very, very little to graduation or early entry.

Comment

• I think the Legends is by far and away the stronger division. The Leaders is total garbage. I think there's a credible chance Purdue could back their way into the CCG. Not that it matters, but Ohio State gets zero help from the schedule as they get MSU, N and M (2013, baby, now THAT's a schedule!).

Ohio by the end of the season was a pretty solid team, lots of young talent sorted themselves out and became much better players. in November than they were in September They lost very, very little to graduation or early entry.
                                I wouldn't go that far. They did get Posey back, which helped. But they closed the season with 4 straight losses, including at Purdue (missed EP!) and at home against Penn State. Halfway through the M game, their defense was borderline crippled. They weren't very good.

That said, they still have plenty of talent and it's almost impossible to understimate the coaching uptick for this season. I think the change in what they they had on offense to this year will parallel the Robinson-Mattison change. For example, the new staff made a simple change to Miller's grip and footwork and, amazingly, he's throwing spirals all day long. Kid couldn't throw a spiral to save his life last year. Horrendous QB coaching. Horrendous OL coaching. Both areas are massively, massively upgraded. And, frankly, nothing better illustrates the overall failure of last year's staff than starting Bausermann. And not playing Shazier far sooner. Bah. Gotta remember that in 5 years I'll look back at the debacle and think it was but a modest price to pay.

The offense will have its growing pains, but it will resemble, at least, a mid-level Division I team. The defense should be rocking good. Well, if Curtis Grant gets there.
                                Last edited by iam416; April 19, 2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X