Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Thanks. That hits the spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

What mob? Where is the angry mob of OSU fans who want him gone? To me the real "welcome to 2018" is the media whipping up a fake outrage frenzy. I think that your previous estimate of 80/20 wanting him to stay/gone is too conservative. I'll bet that it's more like 95/5. ESPN will engage in massive amounts of virtue signaling and their talking heads will demand his head but nobody gives a fuck what they think anymore. OSU would make a huge mistake if they fire Urban (I hope that they do).
        ESPN is garbage. I would argue this is more about tribalism than mob mentality. No one at OSU wants Urban gone, most Michigan, and I will add State fans probably wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Fact that I hate the dude's guts is gonna cloud my opinion of whether I think he should be fired or not, but I do not find it surprising one bit that TODAY reports of Urban's "verbal abuse" towards players tinted with a hint of racism are hitting the media waves. If the Washington Post could get behind this, I bet they could find some of Urban's high school girl friends willing to talk some shit too.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          Maybe it actually is in the bigger picture in their best interests to can him.
          What bigger picture? There is no metric (alumni donations, ticket sales, wins-losses, etc) for OSU under which firing Urban Meyer becomes better, either in the short term or the latter. They might have legitimate "cause" but they would be dumb to exercise it (please do!!!!)

Comment

• Certainly it's not hurting them with their constituency.

Comment

• Unless something more substantive is unearthed on this, Urban absolutely, positively should not be fired. Admonished for lying at media days? Sure. Fired for not firing a guy who has never been convicted of domestic violence? .A guy whose wife dropped the charges and sealed her divorce proceedings in an effort to keep him employed? A wife whose mother and father knew and didn't think enough of the accusation to escalate the matter?

We have lost our fucking minds.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Correct
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• ^^^^^ this.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    Unless something more substantive is unearthed on this, Urban absolutely, positively should not be fired. Admonished for lying at media days? Sure. Fired for not firing a guy who has never been convicted of domestic violence? .A guy whose wife dropped the charges and sealed her divorce proceedings in an effort to keep him employed? A wife whose mother and father knew and didn't think enough of the accusation to escalate the matter?

We have lost our fucking minds.
                    Wrong! They must fire Urban Meyer and hire a gentleman of superior character to replace him, like Luke Fickell or Brady Hoke!

Comment

• Mike Shula is tan, rested, and ready!
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• From what talent his posted here regarding contracts, osu likely does not have a tenable claim to fire him for cause. If they try that approach, osu should get sued.

Will he get fired then? I can probably name a dozen high profile persons who have either resigned on there own, been forced to resign or fired in the last 18 months without what I'd consider justice rendering due process and fairness. The likelihood that urban will be sacrificed at the altar of outrage in effort to appear that osu is doing something is frighteningly high.

mgoblog is aghast that urbz is still on the payroll, Brian published his views around noon today on the matter.

It's Your Job To Know

It doesn't matter whether Urban Meyer knew what Zach Smith did to his wife. It didn't matter if Joe Paterno knew. It didn't matter if Lou Anna Simon knew. All three of these people were or are the superiors of people who can fairly be described as evil, and we are now coming to a society-wide revelation that systems that allow abusers to continue unchecked for years are designed to do so. People in charge of massively failed systems do not get a pass because their system sucks

https://mgoblog.com/content/it%27s-your-job-know

His entire argument falls on it's ass when one correctly asks, how do we know that Zac Smith is evil? For one, I have a clue he may not be by virtue of the fact that he's never been convicted of domestic violence. Has he been in couseling sicne 2015? We don't know. What we do know that there have been no charges and no arrests since then. The basis of his resent restraining order is what? A recounting of unsubstantiated abuse by a woman who might be bat-shit crazy? That's not enough for me to dump on meyer or osu. It is for some though and I'm sorry but not surprised to see Brian post this piece nor am I surprised to see most over there (not all though and that's refreshing), kiss his ass over it.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 2, 2018, 04:41 PM.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• We have lost our fucking minds, yes. The Al Frankening of Urban Meyer isn't the most obvious example, but it counts.

Comment

• From what talent his posted here regarding contracts, osu likely does not have a tenable claim to fire him for cause.

Weren't you the one just complaining this morning about media rushing to judgement? You should not do so yourself.

Comment

• We have lost our fucking minds.

Gary Moeller got fired for getting drunk in 1995

Comment

• Tell Brian he is responsible for the sins of his posters there. Then tell him Zach Smith posted there and to fire himself and to delete his blog.

Comment

Working...
                                X