Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smarty jones lock

Comment

• osu's back end is getting abused by Peyton Ramsey and Mike Debord. MIKE DEBORD! Getting beat on the regular in single coverage. Shiano better figure out how to tighten that up because it's been there the whole game. Ramsey has missed two deep balls and made about 5 others, two for TDs.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Comment

• OSU is dead last in giving up plays over 40y. Tom Allen has seen this weakness and is taking advantage.

28/20 osu at the half. I don't think IU can shut down osu's offense but they might be able to keep up and snatch a win late with a big play down field v. osu's weak back end play.

Go Hoosiers
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The problem with osu's shitty back end play is that they are really good on offense. They don't care. Haskins with 6 TDs v. IU. Awfully hard to keep up with that and IU's D isn't chopped liver.

Comment

• Meyer had a headache on the sideline. He went down to one knee in the fourth quarter needed attention from the trainers, stayed in the game. I get lots of headaches, never went down to a knee though, never even heard of someone going to a knee from a headache. Jeff?
              Last edited by WingsFan; October 6, 2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• OSU is trash. Should finish 2nd in East, but jesus
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He went zinging down the side line after a play and collided with another coaching staff member taking a blow to the head. When I first saw him kneeling with his hand on his head and no mention of getting hit, I thought brain aneurysm ! Nope, he just got whacked.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    OSU is trash. Should finish 2nd in East, but jesus
                    Sandbagging alert.

Comment

• Oh thank you I didn't see that part

Comment

• Fairly typical Indiana game. They score a lot; we score more.

Comment

• I have notice UM has been prancing around like a girl on the sidelines (even more than usual) this year, its was only a matter of time he ran into someone or tripped over his feet.

Comment

• I just watched the Haskins highlights against Penn State. https://youtu.be/xpZDMzavmvk I saw him throw one pass over 10 yards, which went about 12 yards in the air. In other words, he did not complete a single long pass (through the air, YAC were off the charts). I haven't seen any other OSU games, but what impressed me in this one were the OSU athletes and YAC.

Comment

• Purdue delayed, delayed, and delayed announcing a game time and finally do: it's a 7:30 PM start.

Boooooooooo. That kills my road trip plans.

Comment

• The delay was because here's what the networks were dealing with this particular weekend's BIG match-ups:

Maryland @ Iowa
                                Michigan @ MSU
                                NW @ Rutgers
                                Illinois @ Wisconsin
                                PSU @ IU
                                Minny @ Neb
                                osu @ Purdue

The question first involves contractual issues - who gets which games in the pecking order - and which games have the best TV draw for marketing purposes. At one point the M/MSU game might have been a good ABC national game pick at 3:30 or even 7:30. Not anymore .... too regional and Sparty isn't that good. I think ABC gets the first pick in the pecking order and went with a regional game at 3:30 and Prime time game in West Lafayette. Weird.

The rest is shit except osu at PU and PSU at IU could be marginally interesting. Don't think Purdue will be in it ("they score points we score more") but it draws a nice mid-west audience that includes Chicago. Without white out IU, featuring Tom Allen/Mike Debord v. James Franklin. could give PSU a run and be an interesting game.

So FOX draws the M/MSU game at noon, ESPN2 gets Maryland and Iowa also at noon. The BTN gets NW and Rutgers and Illinois and Wisconsin goes to FS1. Nobody is going to watch these games and it is why they are where they are.... and I think that is the pecking order for choosing games after ABC gets it's slots for 3:30 and 7:30.

PSU @ IU is the ABC/ESPN Regional game at 3:30 (NCSU @ Clemson is the other regional), Minny at Neb is the BTN 3:30 game and finally osu, Purdue is the ABC's national prime time game at 7:30. Woof!

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 8, 2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X