Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Man Dies Of Coronavirus After Saying Masks Were Hype

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• This Covid thing is becoming unbearable for me.
      Just at job for couple in Craigleith. Masked up, they were masked as well.
      He was relaxed. ..... she? Fruitcake.
      “NO NO NO, leave the front door open, don’t touch anything!”

Just left and sitting in van on their driveway. Looking in wing mirror, she’s now got her bathroom window open to its fullest to “clear my Covid breath!” 🤦‍♂️
      Fkn idiot.

She’s just landed herself a 4 grand quote ......., for replacing a toilet / cistern.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• NBA announces two positives of 322 tests inside bubble

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 14, 2020, 6:16 AM EDT

Getty Images

One of the NBA’s biggest stars announced Monday he had tested positive for COVID-19, but the league’s overall testing numbers showed some positive signs.

According to Tim MacMahon of ESPN.com, the NBA announced that there were just two positive tests among the 322 players tested since arriving at the Orlando bubble. Those two players have left the campus to isolate at home or in provided housing.

The league said since July 1, 19 players have tested positive.

The biggest name so far has been Houston Rockets guard Russell Westbrook, who announced he tested positive before his team left for the Walt Disney World complex. He did not travel with the team, and said in a statement he was feeling well and hoped to join them soon.

“Please take this virus seriously,” Westbrook wrote. “Be safe. Mask up!”

Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni said he hoped all three of his players who didn’t travel (Westbrook, James Harden, and Luc Mbah a Moute) would be there in three or four days. Once they arrive, they have to quarantine in their rooms for 48 hours before they can practice.

The NBA has taken its quarantine seriously in order to try to return to play later this month. Rockets forward Bruno Caboclo inadvertently broke quarantine to get a food delivery, and now has to remain in his room for eight days before he can rejoin his team.

While the bubble model gives the NBA a chance to contain, the NFL isn’t requiring teams to sequester themselves. Teams are scheduled to have training camps at their own facilities, and some teams are already communicating doubts about how and when that’s going to work in the midst of outbreaks in some areas.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Bucs get $10.4 million for COVID-19 stadium safety upgrades

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 14, 2020, 5:49 AM EDT

Getty Images

It’s unclear when or if there will be fans in Raymond James Stadium this fall.

There will at least be a pile of their tax dollars.

According to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Raymond James Stadium is getting $10.4 million in federal money under under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act for COVID-19-related safety upgrades.

The CARES Act money will go toward modifications to the stadium such as touch-free toilets and sinks, hand-sanitizing stations, and removable seat bottoms to create social distancing. The final approval will come from the Hillsborough County Commission in a Wednesday vote.

The improvements are scheduled for three phases, the first of which is set to be completed by Oct. 31 “in order to be open to the public.”

After that, further projects include a public address system to make safety announcements in the parking lots and tell fans when they can enter the stadium, as well as touchscreen ticket scanners, and modifications to suites and the press box to allow for social distancing.

The Bucs are set to open the regular season on Sept. 20, but there’s a more important date on the stadium’s calendar, as they’re hosting Super Bowl 55 on Feb. 7, 2021.

So far, the Bucs haven’t announced plans for how many fans will be allowed in, if any. The Jaguars have said they’ll play at 25 percent capacity.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• California rolls back reopening as COVID-19 cases continue to rise

Posted by Charean Williams on July 13, 2020, 3:34 PM EDT

Getty Images

NFL teams are scheduled to begin welcoming rookies back to team facilities in 10 days. COVID-19 numbers are headed the wrong way in California, among other states, as the date closes in.

California Governor Gavin Newsom rolled back reopening in his state Monday.

“We are moving back into a modification mode of our stay-at-home order,” Newsom said, via 10News San Diego.

He ordered all bars in the state to close and all restaurants to close their indoor dining services effective immediately. Restaurants can maintain outdoor dining services, take-out and delivery.

In addition, movie theaters, card rooms, zoos, museums and wineries also must close indoor operations.

Some counties in the state must close gyms, hair salons, worship services and malls again.

The state is seeing rising hospitalizations and ICU admissions. California has more than 320,000 COVID-19 cases and more than 7,000 deaths.

Comment

• Macomb County Sheriff's Office will not do citations on Whitmer's mask order. If a person refuses to leave an establishment (after they are asked to because of refusal to wear a mask) then the cops will come and give the offending person a trespassing ticket.

Offices not enforcing Whitmer's EO directly

Bad Axe PD
              Sandusky PD
              Van Buren County Sheriff
              Macomb County Sheriff
              Livingston County Sheriff
              Arenac County Sheriff

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                Macomb County Sheriff's Office will not do citations on Whitmer's mask order. If a person refuses to leave an establishment (after they are asked to because of refusal to wear a mask) then the cops will come and give the offending person a trespassing ticket.

Offices not enforcing Whitmer's EO directly

Bad Axe PD
                Sandusky PD
                Van Buren County Sheriff
                Macomb County Sheriff
                Arenac County Sheriff
                So... they will enforce the order in the most petulant way they can think of.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

So... they will enforce the order in the most petulant way they can think of.
                  Pretty much. I love the reasoning from the Macomb County Sheriff:

Macomb Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said he's concerned about having to protect employees from possible violent confrontations.

“We want to tell them that there’s a chance sanctions (are) coming from the state, but it’s not coming from the sheriff’s office,” Wickersham said. “The sheriff’s office is going to be there to assist you, to make sure your businesses stay open and that you and your staff are going to be safe.”
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I went to BJ's (a newer warehouse club in the area) on my lunch hour today to return some recalled hand sanitizer (wtf!) and get a few necessities. All of the patrons I saw wore masks and had them on correctly. The person doing the return had an awesome patriotic mask that was under her nose. 🙄 Two employees in the meat department were going from case to case to check the temps of the refrigerator with their masks on their chins. 🙄

On the one hand, I'm glad the patrons are wearing them and doing so correctly, but on the other...the employees are probably more likely to be the ones who have exposure to the virus and they're just being careless. 😷
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I have always worn a mask and gloves when I post here
                      Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                        I went to BJ's (a newer warehouse club in the area) on my lunch hour today to return some recalled hand sanitizer (wtf!) and get a few necessities. All of the patrons I saw wore masks and had them on correctly. The person doing the return had an awesome patriotic mask that was under her nose. 🙄 Two employees in the meat department were going from case to case to check the temps of the refrigerator with their masks on their chins. 🙄

On the one hand, I'm glad the patrons are wearing them and doing so correctly, but on the other...the employees are probably more likely to be the ones who have exposure to the virus and they're just being careless. 😷
                        Over here Deborah...... explain this one;

Baynes bakers in Edinburgh last week. Only one allowed in shop. No mask, and work staff wear masks.
                        But now...... public wear masks, TWO allowed in shop and NO MASK for the work staff!
                        Feckin EH?? 🤷‍♂️

Id love to be a fly on the wall in the big illuminati World Decision Room!

”Ok guys, public now wear the masks, compulsory, BUT, get this, the staff don’t!! Yeah? YEAH? High 5’s all round!”
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Yeah seeing people wearing masks below their noses is notably irritating
                          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                            I went to BJ's (a newer warehouse club in the area) on my lunch hour today to return some recalled hand sanitizer (wtf!) and get a few necessities. All of the patrons I saw wore masks and had them on correctly. The person doing the return had an awesome patriotic mask that was under her nose. 🙄 Two employees in the meat department were going from case to case to check the temps of the refrigerator with their masks on their chins. 🙄
                            I was at Biglots for a curbside pick up but every time I called the number they put me on hold forever so I went in. The cashier had her mask around her chin and I told her to put it up before I would approach the counter. Surprisingly she did.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Updating the list (additions are bolded):

Bad Axe PD
                              Sandusky PD
                              Van Buren County Sheriff
                              Macomb County Sheriff
                              Arenac County Sheriff
                              Ionia County Sheriff

From the Ionia County Sheriff statement:

Of Whitmer's orders, Noll said: "As the sheriff, I have no doubt the governor feels these are necessary, however, the manner in which they're written and executed has led to great confusion among local law enforcement as well as the public at large."

Noll said the office's official position was that wearing a mask would slow the spread of COVID-19 and save lives; however, deputies would educate the public rather than issue citations to violators.

"I would remind people to respect a business or store's requirements to wear a mask," Noll said. "Non-compliant store guests who do not leave when asked, may be prosecuted for trespassing or disorderly conduct under Michigan law."

Really? Does anyone need to be educated to wear a mask at this point?

Comment

• Just came from Grand Rapids and Ionia. It was the first time since this shit started that I didn't see a single unmasked person in a place of business. Most were even wearing them correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X