No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, a guy I work got his second dose and I had a call with him the morning after and he looked like hammered shit, took the rest of the day off. And then was back to normal the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
      I got the first shot (Pfizer) Friday. Aside from my arm feeling weak, everything is fine so far.

I could have gotten the Johnson and Johnson one-shot vac, but it hasn't been out long enough for me. A number of people where I work got it last week and are fine.
      I got my second Pfizer shot on the 5th. My only side effect from the first shot was a sore arm for a few days. My arm was not as sore from the second as it was from the first. I didn't have any other side effects.

I had the virus back in November so that may have changed how I reacted to the shot.
      I found out I had the antibodies when gave blood
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
        I'm pretty sure you're just as likely to catch it, but it won't put you in the hospital. The Moderna/Pfizer vaccines use RNA to fight off the spikes on the virus. They use genetic coding to do this.

I got my first Moderna shot on 3/2. I've heard from numerous people the 2nd dose (28 days later) kicks your ass for a day or two. It's actually the same exact dose as the 1st shot, but your body reacts more to it.
        I was just thinking that with people doing more interacting, if fall sports are still doing the test/quarantine thing, there'd probably be way more positives. Dunno how they'll work that out ... less strict protocols, I guess
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I got my second Pfizer shot on the 5th. My only side effect from the first shot was a sore arm for a few days. My arm was not as sore from the second as it was from the first. I didn't have any other side effects.

I had the virus back in November so that may have changed how I reacted to the shot.
          I found out I had the antibodies when gave blood
          Did you know you had the virus at the time? Or were the antibodies the only thing that tipped you off?

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• My wife and I got our first Moderna shot today at Garden City Hospital.

vaccine2.png
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
              Yeah, a guy I work got his second dose and I had a call with him the morning after and he looked like hammered shit, took the rest of the day off. And then was back to normal the next day.
              That's what happened to me with the Shingrex shot both times.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• My wife is a nurse in management and when they first started doing the vaccinations they had to switch around work schedules because a lot of nurses getting their second shot were out of commission the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Did you know you had the virus at the time? Or were the antibodies the only thing that tipped you off?
                  My wife and son were all "sick" My son played basketball and I think the entire team had it at one point or another. I didn't know for sure that I had it until I saw the antibody report, but in hind sight, it was pretty obvious that we all had a mild case. My wife tested positive for the virus after I tested positive for the antibodies, but it was pretty much gone when she got her test. My son and I never got tested. We were asymptomatic when my wife tested. We never had fevers, but we all had a sinus headache and felt as if we had a bad cold. I had one day where I felt fevery and lost when we were picking up our Christmas tree. My wife lost her sense of smell, but we figured it was just because of the cold. We all had hacking dry coughs, but again-it's just part of the cold... The biggest tip off was that we were just exhausted, but we had gone to a basketball tourney and thought that we were tired from that and had not adapted to the time change (even though it was two weeks since the change, but we're old. Ha!)
                  For us, it was not serious. We never really got it in our lungs. Once we started testing our O2 it was fine.
                  FWIW, I am 62 and my wife is younger.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post

That's what happened to me with the Shingrex shot both times.
                    Yes. The shingles shot kicked my ass

Comment

• I'm glad you guys were able to fight it off successfully!! And that you didn't lose your sense of smell or taste. I have a coworker who got it last year and he still can't taste his food.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• My unscientific opinion is that there are a shitload of different strains going around and it is just the luck of the draw as to how it will effect a person

Comment

• I think so, too.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Yes. The shingles shot kicked my ass
                            I was very thankful we were at a movie theater in recliners watching a movie when I started feeling like crud from the Shingrix shot.

Comment

• My employer is giving people the option to work from home for two days after the second Moderna dose. So it's pretty common knowledge at this point the 2nd dose hits you hard.

Comment

• My buddy got his second shot last Fri. He said he got the chills and felt bad overall. He went to the grocery store and said he was wobbling all over. I saw him the next night and he was drinking beer. So it seems like 1-2 days for most people to be out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X