Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you about to expose Kierkegaard and Nietzsche as virtue signaling, MAGA hat wearing, Trump supporters?

Because that might be entertaining enough to stick around for.

Comment

• Not really. Then again, I doubt Kierkegaard and/or Nietzsche (or any nihilist) would defend Trump to the extent you do.

Basically, we're accusing you of lying about being a nihilist. You're a Trumper who just doesn't want to admit it publicly.

Comment

• Have they supported Trump?

Comment

• But I will offer this guys (as it relates to any sharpness of my own tongue)…

You’ll notice I take long absences From the politics thread. I really only come in the politics thread when I’m in Phoenix taking care of my parents (who are elderly and have had a rough year).

not saying this for sympathy (as we all have parents who are getting old)…just a statement of mood (bored and more cynical that usual).

side note…call your father today if you can. He’d love to hear from you.

Comment

• My abusive father who nearly caved in my skull with a bread paddle, drug me out onto the balcony then put a gun to my head, and who left my mother for his younger secretary?

Ya know? I'm rather okay not calling him today. Or any day, really.

Comment

• Jaysus H!
              Forum will need a psychotherapy thread after this.
              Sorry to read of your unfortunate eventful past, Chemiclord. Hope he’s at least taken a boot to the nadz in your adulthood.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                Trump did not/does not/never will represent "the working class," at least not in any way outside of occasional mouth noises if he thinks no one will actually expect him to come through on it. Hell, his biggest legislative victory was effectively coding into law the tax dodging that you swear he would never concede to.

He is every bit the metropolitan elite that Trumpers pretend they despise.
                Factually, if you will allow it, the tax cuts, particularly raising the standard deduction and the child tax credit, gave EVERY taxpayer a tax cut. His tax cut for corporations also incentivized hundreds of firms to relocate back to the US after the Obama administration had driven them offshore with the highest corporate tax rate in US history.

In 2016, high-school graduate white males of working age faced the highest unemployment ever; higher than in the depths of the Great Depression. There was a lot of research done on that since 2016 was such a surprising election and the Dems in particular wanted to know why. I understand that the Dems view HS graduate white males as a throw-away identity group, but it is still the largest identity group in the "working class". We are talking primarily about factories, construction, and mineral recovery for this group. This was the swing demographic that elected Trump because he represented their interest.

When Dems talk of the working class, they are talking about those who receive money from the government. Welfare recipients, teachers, and bureaucrats are the heart of the "working class" from the D viewpoint.

But none of this has to be true for Klondike to be right. He is a libertarian. "That government is best that governs least." is his philosophy and he is provebly right. ANY tax decrease of ANY amount is less money sent to the beast that is government. Does anyone here care to raise their hand and attest that they do not receive some government check? All you hard-left progs suck at the tit of government. The "working class" is that group of people who pay taxes to support those who consume taxes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Factually, if you will allow it, the tax cuts, particularly raising the standard deduction and the child tax credit, gave EVERY taxpayer a tax cut. His tax cut for corporations also incentivized hundreds of firms to relocate back to the US after the Obama administration had driven them offshore with the highest corporate tax rate in US history.

In 2016, high-school graduate white males of working age faced the highest unemployment ever; higher than in the depths of the Great Depression. There was a lot of research done on that since 2016 was such a surprising election and the Dems in particular wanted to know why. I understand that the Dems view HS graduate white males as a throw-away identity group, but it is still the largest identity group in the "working class". We are talking primarily about factories, construction, and mineral recovery for this group. This was the swing demographic that elected Trump because he represented their interest.

When Dems talk of the working class, they are talking about those who receive money from the government. Welfare recipients, teachers, and bureaucrats are the heart of the "working class" from the D viewpoint.

But none of this has to be true for Klondike to be right. He is a libertarian. "That government is best that governs least." is his philosophy and he is provebly right. ANY tax decrease of ANY amount is less money sent to the beast that is government. Does anyone here care to raise their hand and attest that they do not receive some government check? All you hard-left progs suck at the tit of government. The "working class" is that group of people who pay taxes to support those who consume taxes.

No demographic elected Trump. Gerrymandering and the electoral college subverted the will of the American people and put Trump into office. He has never been "elected".

Comment

Da Geezer watching drumph's magic tax cuts that disappear for all but the ultra wealthy after 6 years.

Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• It’s this cunts fault
                      Attached Files
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• awesome magic GIF
                        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Trump's tax cuts benefitted "everyone," temporarily. The upper tax bracket cuts were permanent, anyone below only got temporary tax relief.

It was meant to dupe rubes like the old man.

Comment

I'm on disability now and i'll admit that i do get assistance for that. I wasn't though until 35 as I worked up until then. I felt the same about the benefit of the program to our society before that as I do after. I had no issue paying it to aid others. I know many who believe the same but aren't receiving aid.

You have this distorted view that everyone who believes in social safety nets is benefitting from them directly. We support them because we believe everyone benefits from them in some way and the majority of aid money re-enters the economy.

Aside from safety safety nets I also believe that a country investing in its own people is a good thing. I understand that sometimes means higher taxes and that's ok as long as they aren't unbearable. Better education across the board helps everyone. The government investing in jobs or trades we need is a good thing.

The United States is not a densely populated country. It also has the largest wage gap of any other top 15 economy. We certainly have the money and the resources to shrink that gap some while still allowing the American dream of prosperity to endure. It's not like we don't have enough to go around. Some people just don't want it to go around. It's easier to look at anyone it would benefit as a leech as opposed to an investment, which is what it really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              Jaysus H!
                              Forum will need a psychotherapy thread after this.
                              Sorry to read of your unfortunate eventful past, Chemiclord. Hope he’s at least taken a boot to the nadz in your adulthood.
                              Well, there's a reason why during the divorce, I told the judge if I wanted to "punish" my parents, I'd force them to stay married to each other.

My mother was/is no peach herself.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                                awesome magic GIF
                                awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X