No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFF grades: Detroit Lions’ offensive line earns high marks against Atlanta Falcons

By Ryan Mathews
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Monday Overreaction: The Lions defense kills the hype surrounding this team

By Mike Payton
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

The lions defense is always bad...Thats why it is hard to predict any kind of significant improvement.

Comment

We def have some holes to fill with DT and LB. You can’t fill all of them every year but we’ll have the resources with picks and money next year.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Sounds like Mason Rudolph might be the odd man out in Pitt and they’re willing to trade. There’s some “insider” talk from the Steelers side that the Lions are interested.

While i don’t think Rudolph is the next coming of Tom Brady he’s light years better than what we currently have. I have no idea how we didn’t upgrade from Blough or Boyle this off season. They’re just plain awful.

A 5th or 6th rounder for him? I’d do it just for insurance on our season. The Lions have legit talent at every position on offense. If Goff went down it would be catastrophic.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Rudolph isn't much better if at all

Comment

I would give up a 6th rounder for Rudolph. I think he would be a great backup but he is a UFA at the end of the season so you don't want to give up much for him. The one year he played a lot (2019) he was decent. I like big pocket quarterbacks that are entering their late 20s. He would work well behind this line.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  I would give up a 6th rounder for Rudolph. I think he would be a great backup but he is a UFA at the end of the season so you don't want to give up much for him. The one year he played a lot (2019) he was decent. I like big pocket quarterbacks that are entering their late 20s. He would work well behind this line.
                  Again I don’t know how valid it is as a rumor but he also wants an extension. My thoughts are pretty much yours for backup QBs
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

I didn't hear the extension rumor, that would seem odd. If I was Rudolph I would want to go on the open market, teams are always starved for quarterbacks. He wouldn't break the bank or anything but some team might offer him a starting job and some coin. An extension would almost certainly mean being a backup in Pitt or wherever he was traded.

Comment

Dan Campbell learned to fight in joint practices as a player, doesn’t want it as a coach

Posted by Josh Alper on August 16, 2022, 7:20 AM EDT

Getty Images

Lions head coach Dan Campbell was once a player in the NFL and he shared some memories of his experiences in joint practices during Monday’s press conference.

Campbell said that players learned to fight during those sessions “back in the day” and said the two lessons that were hammered home for him were that you always get involved in scuffles and that you always keep your head on a swivel for the next one. He would go on to play for Bill Parcells in Dallas, however, and Parcells threatened to cut any player who fought in a joint practice.

Campbell said that no one tested Parcells’ resolve and he found the sessions were more productive than ones that featured fisticuffs. That’s the message he’s sending to the Lions before they work out with the Colts this week.

“We just have to make an emphasis of that. I know they will. We will. We’re not out there to fight. We’re going to compete and have good work,” Campbell said.

The two teams will practice together on Wednesday and Thursday before playing a preseason game on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        I didn't hear the extension rumor, that would seem odd. If I was Rudolph I would want to go on the open market, teams are always starved for quarterbacks. He wouldn't break the bank or anything but some team might offer him a starting job and some coin. An extension would almost certainly mean being a backup in Pitt or wherever he was traded.
                        It’s all internet rumors, I can’t remember where I heard it but it was a podcast of some kind. If they do get him I hope it’s this week to get some pre C in.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Curb your enthusiasm...

In Wednesday’s training camp practice, Aidan Hutchinson showed why he could be extremely valuable to the Detroit Lions—especially in late-game scenarios.

That’s when...
                          Aidan Hutchinson takes over

The Lions’ desperation drive never got off the ground. The best play was the first, a checkdown to Devin Funchess for 8 yards. On the next play, Aidan Hutchinson swept inside and past center Evan Brown forcing Goff off his spot. The Lions quarterback heaved a pass into double coverage that fell harmlessly incomplete.

On the next play, Hutchinson just blew right back Jonah Jackson for an immediate sack in no more than three seconds. With no timeouts left, the offense had to scramble back to the line of scrimmage. Goff connected on a clean pass up the middle to St. Brown for a big game, but with only about three seconds left after the catch, the offense had no time to get to the line and spike it. Hutchinson’s sack essentially ended the drive before it even started.

The Lions' second overall pick is still having a tough time with the Lions’ starting offensive tackles, but he’s really flashed when forced inside on obvious passing downs. Often flanked by Charles Harris or Austin Bryant or Julian Okwara, Hutchinson’s ability to turn speed into power has been too much for Detroit’s interior offensive linemen.

It’s hard not to imagine how valuable that interior pass rush would have been last year in late-game situations when the defense needed a stop (see: Ravens game).

Comment

How many wins does this team win if Goff goes down? 3? 4? Not sure it’s worth it. I’d be more inclined to take care of QB2 when in “win now” mode.

Comment

Eagles got Minshew last year for a 6th. The cost of a guy who will otherwise get cut or taken from a practice squad if he's not your top two isn't high. No reason to skip out on that if someone worthwhile gets in that situation.

I do think Rudolph is better than Boyle and I wouldn't let the dream of who I could get with a 6th round pick stop me from making that upgrade.

Comment

If you can upgrade, you upgrade. Teams overvalue picks to the point where they will stupidly hold on to late rounders instead of trading them for proven NFL players.

Comment

Working...
                                X