No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was listening to it, I didn't see the play in particular. I thought they had mentioned on the broadcast I heard that they looked at it, but they could have been mistaken.

Comment

• Yes, they did look at it, and Atkinson was waiting, but then nothing. I definitely would've thought they'd have asked Atkinson to go have a look again for himself. It was at least worthy of that.

I think if it was ten minutes earlier and not the 90+4 minutes, Atkinson gets asked to look.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• The Liverpool-Gunners league cup match yesterday was lit!

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• That team they had out there against the Gunners was crazy, it was an Academy team with Milner, Origi and Ox. It might be Leicester's competition to win, they don't have European commitments like Man City and Liverpool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              Is this 2-0 defeat seen as a "giant killing" for Canada?

Could be worse. Could be Malta being beaten by the Faroe Islands!

Sorry, Malto. Shouldn't laugh......., Scotland thoroughly suck atm.
              LOL!

Not sure what is up there but, my rels tell me the best Maltese players usually end up playing for Italy or another neighboring country. They pay better.

I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• As some of you may recall, I have family that is deeply entrenched in the game of soccer.

Here is a video of two of my cousins playing indoor soccer. Together they own a business called Waza Flo which is basically a premiere soccer skill training group. They have their own semi-pro team.

In the video, my cousin Tino, gains control of the ball in the corner and makes a centering pass to his brother, Dominic. Dominic has always been a showboat and age is catching up with him so I am guessing he feels compelled to go out with a bang. Dominic receives the ball and sets himself up for a bicycle kick.

I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Even a non-soccer fan can appreciate that kick. Nice!

Comment

• Is there a Dom Scicluna fan club?? I must join it. Not only was the goal brilliant, but that celebration was flippin pure CLASS!!! ????????????
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Some first touch too. Not an easy ball to control.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Yeah came in thigh high and he killed it dead.

Comment

• Now that the Lions' season is over, it is time to get caught in the Premier League. It is nearly the same as it was last year with Man City and Liverpool on a blistering pace. The Reds in 11 games have only dropped 2 points with the draw to arch-rival ManU. Man City sits 6 points behind with 25 points. Both teams are kind of wobbly relative to their point totals. Both teams were down 1-0 late to drop zone candidates Southampton and Aston Villa. The Saints were trying to hold on after scoring way too early but succumbed to Aguero and Walker in the last third. Not to be outdone, Liverpool went to the 87th minute to get the equalizer from Robbo and Mane scored the winner at the death. Liverpool has been living dangerously of late with these late rescues. Both teams have Champions League games this week.

The teams will face off Sunday at Anfield.

The weekends other titanic matchup is Saturday's matchup between Leicester City and Arsenal. The Foxes are on a better pace that their 2015/16 EPL winning title season. They currently sit in 3rd tied with Chelsea at 23 points, ahead on goal differential. The Gunners sit in 5th place, 6 points behind LC with their coach on the hot seat. Rumors of Jose waiting in the wings and Emery out. They visit the King Power for a 12:30 tilt that should be on NBC.

Of note the Baby Blues of Chelsea are making use of the transfer ban as Frank Lampard is really leaning into the youth movement and that includes Christian Pulisic who after a slow start and some benchings has 4 goals in the last two EPL games. They host the Eagles.

Its too early for drop zone drama, but Everton currently sits one point out of relegation. Marco Silva has to be in trouble.

Comment

• Captain America has been doing well for Chelsea after a slow start.

Its great to see talented young English kids finally getting a chance after all these years, playing some good football too.

Anyone but Liverpool.

Comment

• Not only soccer but indoor soccer?

JFC how far does the rabbit hole go?

schitts creek what GIF by CBC
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X