No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They still have to navigate December with that Club World Cup fouling things up. They have Leicester on Boxing Day at KP. If they get to January with that lead, it is close to being over. In a normal year it would be over, but you still have to worry about Man City, although the Citizens would have to be even better than they were last year down the stretch and Liverpool would have to slump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      Norwich getting the draw at The King Power all but seals it. Superb stuff.
      Never underestimate Liverpool's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

(I jest in this case; the reds have a juggernaut unlike anything they've had since the 80s, if ever. They've got this.)

Comment

• Score! Detroit City FC is officially a pro soccer team

due to issues in obtaining insurance to cover the teams, and most of the proposed NPSL teams headed instead to NISA, where DCFC eventually wound up. Among other changes, joining NISA means the team will now be able to pay its players.

DCFC started eight years ago as a semi-professional team playing at Cass Tech High. In the years since, "Le Rouge" has grown into a fan phenomenon at a time when Detroit's major pro sports teams aren't doing so great, drawing 6,000 to 7,000 fans per game at its home at Hamtramck's refurbished Keyworth Stadium.

You can read our 2015 cover story on DCFC's rise here. The NISA league officially starts in spring 2020.
        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• DCFC need to change those colours.........

Maybe get themselves a Christmas jumper. Wearing this to the restaurant on Wednesday. Hopefully there will be some Jambo fuckers there. Chuck some Brussels Sprouts at the bastards. D920999A-43B6-4B77-8878-B09F28CFBFD8.png
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Wow.... so desperate for good/interesting news that I finally opened this threat... Soccer... meh... It's like having to sneeze and then getting robbed again and again. So yay! Go DCFC! May you one day beat West Ham or some other non-entity.

Comment

• Here is some good news for you
              Football365 - Klopp believes Minamino will add another dimension to Liverpool in the second half of the season.

Comment

• 3C3BBCC3-F721-43FA-8CF6-5054827080F5.png
                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• 2CE51F01-78FB-492E-944B-0440EBA73A6B.jpeg

Comment

• They are in trouble

Comment

• Did the Brodge not watch the Flamengo game? You cannot give TAA space or you are sunk.

Comment

• Fucking Liverpool.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                          Fucking Liverpool.

Comment

• It isn't over yet, they still have half the season to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                              Fucking Liverpool.
                              Check this out TLL

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Working...
                                X