X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    He is a master at Scottish Shithousery.
    What the hell is Scottish Shithousery?
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• What does Declan say about VAR? In my mind if it takes away beautiful plays like Pukki's goal they need to throw it in the garbage.

Comment

• Never discussed VAR with Declan ever, we are usually too busy discussing how Hibs managers could do their jobs better because we're fucking soccer gurus......, or fannies maybe?! One of those!

VAR does need binned though. Said it since day 1. Farcical. But didn't see Norwich v Spurs so can't comment on that particular incident.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• You need to see the goal, just a world class pass to Pukki that was not offside. The kind of goals you want to see. The premier league claimed later that it was because he was offside in the buildup. Total nonsense. I thought VAR during the women's world cup was bad because they were too penalty happy, but that was better than this. It would be interesting to see how many famous goals would have been overturned using this absurd offside interpretation.

Comment

• I'll need to watch that tomorrow. VAR at the women's WC was indeed a complete joke. The first week with the penalties was crazy.

One funny story today from Declan........, the other day was his first visit to Hearts ground Tynecastle for 6 or 7 years. The ground and surroundings have changed. He got off the bus and walked to where the usual Hibs end was. I say "was" because things have changed at that shitehole. Walking with his buddy through crowds of jambos, wearing the green and getting verbally abused......, asked a police guy on a horse who pointed in the direction. They walked further along, realised they were on the wrong side of a high fence and ended up in an industrial estate. They could see the turnstiles but couldn't get to them. Then Hibs scored in the 6th minute and they were still outside trying to figure out entry. Nothing worse than being outside the ground and hearing Hibs fans celebrate inside.

Comment

• Told you guys across the pond long ago, don't let this shit (replay reviews) seep into your game - it will grow vines and destroy your game.
              The only time it should ever be used is if the ball goes in the net, or if there is a question if it actually went in the net - that's it.
              The players on the pitch can sort everything else out - they've been doing that for over 150 years......

Comment

• I could see disallowing guys who are obviously offside like the goal against Cardiff last year, but these goals they are calling off now are ridiculous.

Comment

• That's really the thrust of it. Replay really should only be used to correct the obviously blatant miscalls that can be discovered with a second look. If you're breaking out the micrometer and analyzing frame by frame images, you're wasting everyone's time on a play that is so damn close that the call on the field should stand.

My ideal replay is two minutes, real time (no slowmo or freeze frame), any angle that can be provided. Any judgment that cannot be determined within those two minutes stands as called.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• VAR is terrible. It works much better in the NFL due to the stop/start nature of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        That's really the thrust of it. Replay really should only be used to correct the obviously blatant miscalls that can be discovered with a second look. If you're breaking out the micrometer and analyzing frame by frame images, you're wasting everyone's time on a play that is so damn close that the call on the field should stand.

My ideal replay is two minutes, real time (no slowmo or freeze frame), any angle that can be provided. Any judgment that cannot be determined within those two minutes stands as called.
                        There is no replay that should take more than 1 minute tops - because if it's purpose is to correct obviously blatant miscalls - you simply don't need more than that. This is the 21st Century, where the video evidence is available nearly instantaneously. Every viewing angle queued up and waiting for the guy to mash the button.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                          VAR is terrible. It works much better in the NFL due to the stop/start nature of the game.
                          The NFL replay is shit on a stick and dropped in a deep fryer to make it extra crispy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

There is no replay that should take more than 1 minute tops - because if it's purpose is to correct obviously blatant miscalls - you simply don't need more than that. This is the 21st Century, where the video evidence is available nearly instantaneously. Every viewing angle queued up and waiting for the guy to mash the button.
                            Eh, there can be a LOT of camera angles to sort through. Giving them two minutes at absolute max is being overly generous.

Comment

• The VAR replays aren't actually taking much time. That hasn't been the problem and in soccer the angles aren't an issue really. The NFL has that problem because a lot of times you can't see the ball correctly. In the EPL the problem is they can easily get the angle and determine the player's arm pit could be a millimeter off. It is the age old story of the law of unintended consequences, you implement a system to eliminate those terrible offside goals against Cardiff but you catch a bunch of marginally offside goals that previously would have stood. On top of that they are looking at infractions that may have happened in the buildup way before the goal occurs.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

Working...
                                X