Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too right, Fraquar. đź‘Ś

There was an Aussie Rules thread on here at one time which me and LionsFanInJapan would discuss the footy.
    After that thread was binned, the Richmond Tigers started winning Premierships, (2017, 2019, 2020) ……. I think myself and Jeremy were jinxing those TIGES!!

Back on the soccer. Italy were very impressive last night. Turkey are a decent side but the Italians completely closed them down. Even at 2-0, they were on every ball, every tackle. They historically start slow but Mancini has them looking formidable. Reckon France will win the tournament but Italy do look pretty good.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      Too right, Fraquar. đź‘Ś

There was an Aussie Rules thread on here at one time which me and LionsFanInJapan would discuss the footy.
      After that thread was binned, the Richmond Tigers started winning Premierships, (2017, 2019, 2020) ……. I think myself and Jeremy were jinxing those TIGES!!
      I was on that thread too and wondered why it died.
      Last edited by edindetroit; June 12, 2021, 03:16 PM.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I do like watching Aussie rules football but you have to really search for it here. I remember when ESPN first started, they were desperate for content to show and they had a lot of Aussie games and English soccer games. In the last decade there has been a tremendous explosion of soccer on American TV but the Aussie games were stuck on a 3rd tier cable network.

Comment

• Same here in the UK; AFL on BTSports3. No one cares. I subscribe to AFL.com

Just thinking back to that thread......, The Tigers head coach has been Damien Hardwick for years. But they were playing really poor for years. LFIJ had changed Hardwicks name to Damien "Limpdick" which was hilarious. However --- >> now, Limpdick is one of the greatest AFL coaches in history.

Any of you guys see the Danes v the Fins game? Eriksen has heart attack on the pitch? Was very scary stuff for a while. Game abandoned but rescheduled for tonight.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I went to the gym and was planning to watch the second half of that game and when I got to the treadmill I saw the news. It said he was unresponsive for several minutes, Schmeichel was bawling and they had no update for 10-15 minutes. I feared he was gone and being the coward I am I switched treadmills. I didn't want to see the bad news. Everyone should learn CPR, you never know when it might come in handy.

Comment

Too right, Fraquar. đź‘Ś

Back on the soccer. Italy were very impressive last night. Turkey are a decent side but the Italians completely closed them down. Even at 2-0, they were on every ball, every tackle. They historically start slow but Mancini has them looking formidable. Reckon France will win the tournament but Italy do look pretty good.
              Belgium's tournament to lose. There are only a couple teams in my lifetime that were as talented as they are - at every position.

Comment

• I'm with Marko on France. My man N'Golo is running on all cylinders.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  I went to the gym and was planning to watch the second half of that game and when I got to the treadmill I saw the news. It said he was unresponsive for several minutes, Schmeichel was bawling and they had no update for 10-15 minutes. I feared he was gone and being the coward I am I switched treadmills. I didn't want to see the bad news. Everyone should learn CPR, you never know when it might come in handy.
                  Watched Chuck Hughes (Lions) die on the field, but wasn't old enough to really understand what was happening. All I knew is players weren't attended to like he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Watched Chuck Hughes (Lions) die on the field, but wasn't old enough to really understand what was happening. All I knew is players weren't attended to like he was.
                    I bawled like a baby when I found out Hank Gathers died, for some reason I watched a lot of late night LMU games. I don't remember if I was watching when Pronger and Fischer went down.

When I was coaching basketball, a coach saved the life of another coach in our program at a practice doing CPR. The same guy saved another person doing CPR at a YMCA less than a year later. All of the coaches took a CPR class after that incident.

My wife and Lions' trainer Kent Falb saved a ref on the field of the Silverdome during a game when he had a heart attack.

Comment

• Watching this France v Germany game and I’m thinking, (regarding Scotland) ——>> what is the fucking point? 🤷‍♂️ Why do we even bother. These countries are just sooooo far ahead, (that’s a legal “so” ya cunts) ….. it’s like it’s a completely different sport they’re playing.

Just too good. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Comment

Watching this France v Germany game and I’m thinking, (regarding Scotland) ——>> what is the fucking point? 🤷‍♂️ Why do we even bother. These countries are just sooooo far ahead, (that’s a legal “so” ya cunts) ….. it’s like it’s a completely different sport they’re playing.

Just too good. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
                        Well, to be fair, futbol gets the best and brightest French and German talent. Maybe if you're over 6'6" you're playing basketball, but futbol gets the cream of the crop in those countries.

Whereas Scotland has to fight for talent with the Highland Games.

Comment

• At least in the States, we have the women's team. They are bigger names than the men.

Scotland has it tough because that's your region, the US has rivalries with TnT and Costa Rica.

Comment

• Re the Highland games……. I reckon Marshall should join……. I mean he’s been labelled a “tosser” since Monday afternoon.
                            I mean WTF was he doing?
                            I’ll post a pic that I’m sure you’ll find amusing.

I hadn’t really watched a lot of yer man N’Golo, Froot, but what can one say?? What a player! And Mbappe & Kante.
                            I believe they’re the eventual winners. Hopefully they avoid Italy on route as that’d be a decent final.

Comment

• 137E69E9-873F-4D0F-91DB-1453D36C34F7.jpeg

Comment

• Kante is so good, I watched or listened to most of the Leicester championship year and he was amazing. He's a magic eraser for your defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X