No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• What the hell happened to the Dutch yesterday - jeezus.
      Looked like the Lions after a bye week.

Comment

• A definite "coupon burster" as we call it here, Fraq.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
          What the hell happened to the Dutch yesterday - jeezus.
          Looked like the Lions after a bye week.
          Correct. We would have also accepted Week 1, the game after Thanksgiving, the week before the bye, Week 2, Week 3, the week proceeding and following Christmas, Week 4, Week 5, Week 6, any Saturday game, Week 7, Week 8, Any week proceeding or following or on a full moon, Week 9, Week 10, any game featuring a former player and/or coach, Week 11, Week 12, Week 13, any game at Green Bay, Week 14, Week 15, any time the opponent is inside their own 10-yard line, Week 16, Week 17, or any game that is played on a weekday or weekend.

Upon consulting the judges, we would ALSO have accepted Thanksgiving, any Thursday, or any nationally broadcast game.
          Last edited by chemiclord; June 28, 2021, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Or any game played on a day that ends with a "Y"?

Certainly all Lions games end with a massive "WHY" ?
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Could write the script, and literally just did.
              Said to the wife (in the 54th minute) , “If Rodriguez misses this swiss penalty to extend their lead, the French will be winning before the hour mark.”
              She now thinks i’m the wizard of soccer predictions! 💪🏆

Comment

• What a game…….. and the Swiss win on pens…..

….. and the wife says “you’re not a wizard,….. you know fk all.”

oh, well, good while it lasted.

Comment

• I wish I would have had that game on, my son was watching and he said he couldn't believe the Swiss ended up winning after the Pogba golazo.

Comment

• Yep true. And everyone and their dog became Swiss fans after Pogbas arrogant as fk celebration. I mean, quality goal, will be talked about for years……. But Pogba? Wanker!

Comment

• Just to say…….. reminiscent of Kenny Millers celebration when Glasgow Rangers went 2-1 up v Hibs in the 2016 Cup Final……. That nodding shite that says, “its obvious we’ll win this”
                      Thankfully Hendo delivered twice, Stokes & Sir Dave headed home twice, 3-2 Hibs…… fk off Miller! 💚

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        Yep true. And everyone and their dog became Swiss fans after Pogbas arrogant as fk celebration. I mean, quality goal, will be talked about for years……. But Pogba? Wanker!
                        He's no Cantona thats for sure.
                        The one where he weaved from the midfield line and took the return from McClair and bagged a cheeky chip is one of his I'll always remember - among others....
                        Just raised his hands outwards and turned 360 to the crowd. Subdued but at the same time makes sure everyone knows who's the king.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

He's no Cantona thats for sure.
                          The one where he weaved from the midfield line and took the return from McClair and bagged a cheeky chip is one of his I'll always remember - among others....
                          Just raised his hands outwards and turned 360 to the crowd. Subdued but at the same time makes sure everyone knows who's the king.
                          If there is a player who can get away with it......, its Eric. I still love Eric. And in the beer ads he is hilarious. Even when he is jumping into the crowd to beat up people....., he is just all round entertaining.

Comment

• I like that "brexit bunker" commercial - hilarious.

Comment

• England looks like ass to start the game.

Comment

• I didn't realize Southgate was starting Slab Head.

Comment

Working...
                                X