No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You missed a whole host of diving and cheating. I’m done with this sport. Fk it.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Narrator: he isn't done with the sport

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
        Really wish that dickhead was holding the flag the proper way up........, but apart from that........, c/mon, the Danes.
        Meh, it's the other dozen plus dickheads that aren't hitting him with a bottle to correct him that really irks me. 😆
        If I was that old man in the glasses I'd have molly-whopped him right there. GIMME THAT FLAG you worthless fuck - THIS is how you fly it.....
        Then back to regularly scheduled programming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          You missed a whole host of diving and cheating. I’m done with this sport. Fk it.
          Think this is bad, try watching the Copa. Ugh.
          TBH, this shit is probably trained more in training camp than actually working with formations and plays - how to fall and make a scene. Some of these guys are literally experts at it - if a moth landed on their shoulder they'd make it look like they were shoved by George Elokobi.....

Comment

• It's very simple in these international tournaments if you want to avoid judgmental penalties in the box, you need to posess the ball away from the box. If you are playing for penalties and you get a questionable penalty called against you, tough luck.

But then again, I don't get too upset about the perceived dives as you fellas.

Comment

• Don’t know how long you’ve watched the soccer, FL, but the diving is an issue.

I’ve been a season ticket holder since 1985 for the cabbage & ribs and the problem is ——> the game has changed. Check out Martin Boyle in the cup final back in May. Embarrassing dive in the box by the Hibs player.
              The GAME has changed.

For as long as ive watched the NFL, its essentially been the same. Ok, maybe player fitness and physical strength is better these days but the GAME itself is the same.

Soccer, is fucked. Completely. Diving cheating bastards and why not if the things Harry Kane does isn't noticed? It is fucked.
              Hand on heart, i haven’t renewed the season ticket. Boyle pissed me off and i ain’t forking out dough to watch that nonsense.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• On a lighter note:

A girl brings her new boyfriend home to her dad. What could possibly go wrong...New Fella. New IRN-BRU advert 2013.

Comment

• Marko - receivers flop all the time. Quarterbacks the same, one of the reasons Stafford didn't get as many roughing calls as he should have is because he didn't embellish the hit like Aaron Rodgers did.

You get no extra credit if you get fouled in the box and stay up and then lose in PKs. The best way to avoid this situation is to keep the ball far away from your box.

I said before, I don't mind it as much. I'll take a guy embellishing a borderline penalty to try and win a game in extra time than a team playing for penalty kicks. I find Italy's bunker ball nonsense against Spain much more reprehensible, Italy takes great pride in their soccer tradition yet when the opponent ties it, they start playing like CONCAF minnow with Bora coaching them.

Comment

• Plus, the NFL has so many people talking about how much tougher guys were back in the days of yesteryear. Now it's flag football. Don't be that guy Marko, renew those tickets!

Comment

• My main issue is cheating and (as my youngest son will tell you) I am 100% addicted to the AFL. Just cannot get enough of it and the umpiring in the sport, (for such a brutal & physical sport) is second to none.
                      More importantly, the rules are adhered to even in the speed of the game.
                      Because i have access to this much easier now, its making me become a tad distanced from the “modern” soccer. Honestly don’t want to be any type of guy or fan really; just don’t want to watch Harry Kane fall on his knees when a defender goes near him and watch the same defender burst the veins in his head with anger. (Using him as an example as he is in the news…….. not just England but Spurs as well)

Think it was on here i posted about an AFL game the other week. Guy was grabbed by the throat and shoved over. But he fell dramatically, “staging” they call the offence. The free kick was awarded BUT the guy was banned for the following game and $5K fine. I applaud that. Fucking cheating bastards.
                      23 weeks plus 4 weeks of Finals in an AFL season and you’d be lucky to have more than 5 staging incidents over the season.

Scottish Cup Final; boyhood dream, you’re through on goal, a yard between yourself and the St Johnstone defender……. and you decide to fall on your arse instead of attempting to burst the net? 🤷‍♂️
                      He’s in for a tough time if fans are allowed back in the grounds in August. Diving wee ferret faced cunt. 🤬🤬

Comment

• Did the guy who grabbed the players throat get banned as well? That is the far more serious offense.

Comment

• Is it really "cheating" if a foul is committed, though? In the example you gave... the dude was grabbed by the throat and shoved down. Is that not supposed to be an infraction?

The problem with your viewpoint on this is that if you try and decide what any given player should be able to play through, you get situations like Cam Newton, who was absolutely teed off on, but because he played through it (and was expected to by the lack of flags he received on his behalf), he's pretty much completely broken physically now. Dude has aged twenty years in about ten.

If you want to say there should be penalties for people who whole-cloth fabricate fouls, I think we could agree with that. Hell, I think you'd even find a considerable amount of agreement in the idea that there shouldn't be so many minor "ticky-tack" fouls in most sports. But I think you'd be surprised how little complete embellishment of nothing actually happens. The overwhelming amount of "flops" are in response to legitimate, actual infractions, even if they are minor ones.

Comment

• History is written by the winners. The legend of Maradona was cemented by a cheat so egregious that any flop in the box pales in comparison.

Comment

• Hey now... it's not cheating if it's the Hand of God.

Comment

• The funny thing about the Hand of God is that wasn't the first time he did that, it was a arrow in his quiver. And it worked!

One of the most beloved Red Wings of all time was Vladimir Konstantinov. His main slogan was, "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying." He never flopped or anything like that but I think Marko would have loved the guy if he played for his team.

Comment

Working...
                                X