No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all the complaints from fans about "refs deciding games," what happens far more often is refs letting really awful stuff slide in "big" games because they don't want to be perceived as "deciding games."

Comment

• What tackle was that, Froot? Can’t remember Chiellini performing a leg breaker. When in the game was that? Mustve been in the fridge getting more beer.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        For all the complaints from fans about "refs deciding games," what happens far more often is refs letting really awful stuff slide in "big" games because they don't want to be perceived as "deciding games."
        Completely agree, Chemiclord……. But……. Those refs witnessed at Euro 2020/21 were fantastic. Standard greatly increased. The EPL & indeed Scottish refs should take note.

All they need is a “Harry Kane watcher” in the booth.

Defender goes near.
        Harry falls.
        Fans go nuts.
        Ref to booth guy: “Whats the camera saying?”
        Booth guy: “Screen says diving cunt.”
        Ref books Harry for diving. But its a second yellow for a previous foul……. Harry is OFF.

This would go a long way in rectifying the annoying shit in the game.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Marko - Saka had gotten past him with the ball. Cheillini took both hands on his jersey from behind and pulled him backwards to the ground. Fraquar had mentioned it previously. I thought it was a combination of a horse collar tackle in the NFL and a clear path foul in the NBA. It stopping the potential scoring opportunity and he got a yellow.

I might be on an island in thinking that should be a red.

Comment

• Yes, thats only a red if he’s clear through. It is stopping an opportunity, but he wasnt clear through…….. most of the England team are pressed high.

i was confused as you mentioned the ACL. Didnt think you were talking about the shirt pull. How is that a likely torn ACL incident?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              Yes, thats only a red if he’s clear through. It is stopping an opportunity, but he wasnt clear through…….. most of the England team are pressed high.

i was confused as you mentioned the ACL. Didnt think you were talking about the shirt pull. How is that a likely torn ACL incident?
              In the same way that Horse Collar tackles led to ACL injuries, a drastic shift in the balance of weight coupled by an abrupt stop in momentum puts insane stress on the knee ligaments.

Comment

• It's probably the most consistent way to tear an ACL is by pulling on someone's shirt from behind. It's highly dangerous, it should be totally eradicated.

Comment

• I did not know that. Is it more common in other sports?
                  Its just that I've watched a shedload of live soccer and a shedload more of shirt pulls…… never seen an injury happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                    Text to say that Froot Loops is correct…..

Its Hibs v Arsenal tonight at Easter Road. Only 2000 fans allowed in and i’m not one of them. But i’ll be watching on the ipad through HIBSTV.

Definitely not done with this sport.

‘MON THE CABBAGE!
                    2-1 Hibs vs a very good Gunners side. Mikel Arteta getting plenty heat from their fans. Calling the Hibs “a pub team” etc etc

Get it right up ye, EPL! 💚💚💚

Comment

• The Gunners have been putting the "arse" in "Arsenal" for the better part of the last decade.

Comment

• EC1E64B2-4900-47F5-80A4-C7447DE54AEC.png

Comment

• Welcome back to soccer

Comment

• Yeah, soccer rules!

Well, Aussie Rules, rules but soccer is second.

Kicked off an NFL site shortly.

Comment

• Bring back the Aussie Rules thread!
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Marko, where in the hell did you find that pic. ROFL.
                                They don't get much better than that.

Comment

Working...
                                X