Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Did the guy who grabbed the players throat get banned as well? That is the far more serious offense.
    Penalised. Free kick awarded to opposite team. 🤷‍♂️ Thats fair. No?

Diving in box and getting a pen, …….. no fair!
    Come on, man. You know I’m right here FFS!
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• No idea why Maradona being mentioned……. He was indeed a cheating wee bastard. Great player when being “honest”.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I think grabbing someone by the throat merits an ejection or a suspension.

Comment

• Do you watch AFL? It happened in an actual passage of play whereby the assailant was reaching. Wasn't like how you're maybe picturing it ——->> like a blatant grab to the throat, but it was an infringement, and rightly so, ….. but the player going down arched his back dramatically.
          Was waiting on Ricky Gervais handing him
          the Oscar.

Comment

• Ok, I was picturing a guy grabbing his throat during a stoppage in play. I will agree a guy diving when he isn't touched is bad as long as you agree a guy getting fouled in the box that doesn't go to ground and doesn't get the call is just as bad.

Comment

• Of course…… Ive never NOT said that. Like the saying that i hate…….. a foul is a foul.

We need to eradicate stuff that is not part of the rule book.
              We could start by asking commentators (announcers) to stop saying stuff like, “oh, he should’ve gone down there.” It is shocking and something you just didn’t hear years ago.

But as said further up the thread, Froot, (in my opinion) its fkd.

Comment

• The reason they are saying it is because they feel the ref would fail to call the penalty.

Comment

• Yep, and i cannot see any way of remedying it. If the solution for FK’s outside the box or penalties guaranteed to be awarded is doing what Harry Kane or Martin Boyle do, …… they ain’t earning their wage from my dosh!

There is also fan pressure at games like Celtic v Sevco Rangers in Glasgow. Good luck to that referee awarding what he feels like is a foul in those games……. And to eliminate doubt, the player hurls himself down, twists sideways, puts a face on like he's been stabbed several times. And its getting worse season by season.

You got me on a moaning my tits off night……. One more thing……. Being subbed. Get the fk off the field. All this sauntering off taking ages, changing the flow, momentum etc etc. Not good. Again, i just dont think i want to sit in Easter Road stadium and watch it anymore.

Comment

• You can't abandon the Hibs.

Comment

• You would never know how talented these teams are in this Copa final, this game is entertaining as hell but it is absolute shit.

Comment

• Messi is finally part of a major tournament champion with Argentina. Good for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          You can't abandon the Hibs.
                          The narrator will be correct……. But as of right now, with the Euros and Enger-fkn-land, it can all get itsel’ tae fuck!

Great win for Argentina. Happy for Lionel. Greatest player to play the modern game in relation to the times he’s played in.
                          George Best ——>> GOAT

Comment

• In was rooting for Messi to win it, but that changed in the second half. I thought Argentina's behavior was too much and I never root for Brazil.

Comment

• This has got to be one of the most epic chokes in the history of the English side, right?

Comment

• Give you chills watching that 🇮🇹💚🤍❤️🇮🇹 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤣Aberdeen beach 🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Common Italy get this won Oh flower of Italy / It’s coming ROME

Comment

Working...
                                X