No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe on it being 1-1, but outside of the first 20 minutes Germany was pretty unimpressive. You can make up various scenarios where Germany comes out on top but England was the better team and Germany was not very good overall in the tournament. At this moment, Sterling and Kane were more clinical than their counterparts. That makes sense, they both are two of the best players in the EPL.

This happens to every power, when they have a good generation come through, the ending looks bad because instead of cycling through new players you try to wring one last result out of the group. They tried that in half measures after the 2018 flop. They tried to move on from Muller and Hummels, but that didn't work. You get a new voice in there who is unattached to whoever was getting the minutes and it will change pretty quick for them.

Comment

• I’d made a comment on another forum in response to this comment from an English guy: “Why is everyone scared of the Germans?”

My comment was “You forgotten the past?” And something along the lines of Germany may defeat Scotland but Scotland nearly defeated England so its not going to be easy.

i’ve since went back on there and said, “Well done, and i take back what i said about Scotland. We’d beat Germany as well…… they were THAT poor.”
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• As I started reading this I had forgotten what the thread was and I thought you were talking about war Marko69. LOL
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I was talking about the war DanO. We're getting kilted up right now and going out to kick some jerry-arse!
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I have relay this info, it reminded me of Marko. I texted my son during the England game that if Henderson and Slab-Head are scoring, you know it's a rout and he replied, "It's coming home." I laughed audibly at that.

Comment

• Froot loops son ------>> YOU'RE GROUNDED, WITH NO SUPPER!

Comment

• Ha, I'll tell him to that, I'm not sure about enforcing the ban, he is bigger than me.

Comment

• danish flag tennis GIF by Australian Open

Comment

• Really wish that dickhead was holding the flag the proper way up........, but apart from that........, c/mon, the Danes.

Comment

• Let's get hyped up for England, Come on now you Harries (Kane, MacGuire, Prince)!

Comment

• friday night beer GIF by Carlsberg

Comment

• Probably the best beer in the world.

Kasper is my all time favorite goalie, Raz is going to have to do more to solve him.

Comment

• Think I just lost my voice

Comment

• Some sort of horrendous storm ran through the area during the game. First Iost the internet, then the power and no cell coverage. I was reduced to refreshing ESPN every 5 minutes to try and get updates.

Comment

• Lots of outages in the Farmington/Novi area.

20210707_214907.jpg
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X