No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah man they're good. Good selection.

Sandwich, bag of chips and a bottle of coke for £3!

Comment

• Nice touch saying “chips”, LL, even though a bag of chips is completely different in the UK to what they think it is.

Back on topic:

Aston Villa v Sheffield United in a couple hours? Hopefully Super John McGinn scores. That’s if he still plays for Villa.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• If we said crisps they'd look at us like we were a pair of bampots.

Americans can't speak English 😀

Comment

• Check this reporting out from The Guardian. This will get more Americans on board with the soccer.

AV 0 Sheff Utd 0

Quote:
          It’s all over! Villa will be disappointed not to win and delighted not to lose. United will be furious not to win but also relieved about not losing.
          End quote.

I mean that’s going to have Panoptes throwing his laptop across the room.

What an absolute Shyte game. Reminded me that I’ve personally not really missed it.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Bah, Americans are plenty used to ass-end of the league teams producing a shit-stinker of a game.

Comment

• You guys getting these attendence-less games on TV in the US?
              Its weird.
              Everton v Liverpool on Sunday is going to be like 22 blokes down the local park having a kick about.

Pukki hatrick tonight, Norwich 4 Southampton 1

Comment

• The fake crowd sound is a must.

Normally I'd hate it but anything is better than silence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  Pukki hatrick tonight, Norwich 4 Southampton 1
                  Norwich 0 Southampton 3

AWESOME predicting!

Fk off, soccer.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                    The fake crowd sound is a must.

Normally I'd hate it but anything is better than silence.
                    Managed to see first game on BBC earlier. The fake crowd is pretty good isn’t it? Was expecting it to sound tinny and echoey but it was decent.

Comment

• If you are a footballer you better get ready, because you just might not get a break for the next 3+ years. The timing of the World Cup in '22 is going to force an extended '22-23 campaign that may very well look like this season - with the close season going straight into the next seasons campaign.

Comment

• I haven't commented on it yet but I dug the Klopp interviews and his dances after Liverpool clinched the league. That dude is totally secure in himself.

Comment

• It’s the pearlies. You have gnashers like that and confidence is overflowing! What a set.

Comment

• That might be it! It's also true that as someone ages the DGAF gene becomes more dominant.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              That might be it! It's also true that as someone ages the DGAF gene becomes more dominant.
                              Now that is true. Proof positive here with the Moses style lockdown beard that is rocking......, the Ark? Only Scotty the youngest son digs it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Now that is true. Proof positive here with the Moses style lockdown beard that is rocking......, the Ark? Only Scotty the youngest son digs it.
                                Yep, I don't have the beard going but this lockdown has convinced me to grow out the hair. In college I had it down to shoulder length, I am threatening to do it again. My wife and daughters are mortified. Screw that, I've had it buzzed for 25 years. Time to change it up, plus the girl I work with(Sasha) likes it. I might as well jump head long into my midlife crisis.

The guy who was my best man is doing something similar and so is my brother-in-law. Unfortunately for my brother in law his hair has gone nearly white and with curls. He looks like Moses or Thom Yorke at times. He always likes to fashion himself as The Champ with the ladies, unfortunately for him the lady demographics are not the young demographic anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X