No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For whatever reason, this game didn’t appear on the BBC results page. Strange. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Just googled result. Bad sign when Corona scores in the first minute.

Nice win v Mexico. Pulisic is the dugs baws. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ πŸ‘Œ
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Yeah Mexico scored first and then had a 2-0 lead taken away by VAR because of an offside call
      My favorite part about watching that game is watching my son lose his mind over the reffing. He is really into watching the premier league but in his years watching soccer the USMNT has not had a lot of true competitive games in the region lately. He has never experienced a crazy CONCACAF game like that. It makes bitching about Mike Deane look quaint.

Comment

• Cannot stand Mike Dean. Supposed to be one of the best? Goes a long way in explaining the nick of the officiating.

Big few weeks ahead for Scotland in the Euros. Czechs on Monday……. Big one v the sassanachs week on Friday…,… then it’s Esseks Croatia after that.
        Fingers crossed the lads play well and the country isn’t embarrassed.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• If you don't like Mike Dean you should watch a few CONCACAF games. I would love to see Dean ref one, the over under on yellow cards would have to be 12.

For some reason tonight the US has a friendly scheduled versus the Ticos.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            If you don't like Mike Dean you should watch a few CONCACAF games. I would love to see Dean ref one, the over under on yellow cards would have to be 12.

For some reason tonight the US has a friendly scheduled versus the Ticos.
            Oh come on. He'd have sent both teams to the locker rooms and called the game LONG before THAT.

Comment

• The Panamanian ref did his best Mike Dean impression after calling the two penalty kicks after consulting VAR. Very emphatic.

Comment

• US won 4-0 Reyna, Aaronson, Cannon and Dike. I will be interested to see where Dike ends up in the fall, he was a monster for Barnsley.

Comment

• The continental refs are usually much better so definitely looking forward to some free flowing football during the Euros……. Except the games UK refs officiate!

Wasn’t Mike Dean, but was a bigger name ref couple months ago in an EPL game, a player was booked for a challenge he was clearly trying to get out of but momentum carried him forward. Very minimal contact but he received the card. Then later, same player, performs a worse tackle……. But, no card. It’s the one thing that really pisses me off. Ref knows he’s on a yellow so avoids another.
                  Maybe if refs judgements were better on the first yellows, the game would become better.

Like the 60s/70s/80s…….. you’d have to almost murder someone to receive a yellow!!

β€œThose were the days”…… in grandads voice!

Comment

• Todays game just has too many floppers. Maybe, just maybe if they started handing out (with reckless abandon) cards for flopping they could actually get to a point where you have to do something to earn that yellow. I mean they have a Fallon d'Floor award for a reason. Guys flopping around like a fish out of water

Comment

• I always get a laugh out of the bad flops. It really cracks me up when you watch teams in a preseason exhibitions, guys pop right back up because the stakes aren't there.

Comment

• My favorite flops are when the guys do all that nerve agent reactions, then someone mocks them and they spring up like a cougar ready to pounce. Especially the ones where the ref actually cards them - and they jump right in the refs face like "are you serious"?

Comment

• There is an art to it, my daughter is a pretty good basketball player and she gets fouled a lot when she drives to the hoop and rarely gets a foul called. I tell her you have to actually kind of show that you got fouled, but she doesn't want to get accused of flopping. My other daughter was good at drawing fouls without doing an overt flop.

Comment

• Oh yes, definitely an art to drawing the foul. Martin Boyle for Hibs is genius at it. But he’s essentially just a cheatin wee bastard!! All for it Vs Jambofuckers. πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

In Aussie Rules, it’s a big fine (which they can afford) but a ban from games if found guilty of staging.
                            Few weeks ago, guy was actually shoved by the throat but he exaggerated the fall……. $2K fine & Banned for one game

AFL…… Still the best sport on the planet, by miles.

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Oh yes, definitely an art to drawing the foul. Martin Boyle for Hibs is genius at it. But he’s essentially just a cheatin wee bastard!! All for it Vs Jambofuckers. πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

In Aussie Rules, it’s a big fine (which they can afford) but a ban from games if found guilty of staging.
                                Few weeks ago, guy was actually shoved by the throat but he exaggerated the fall……. $2K fine & Banned for one game

AFL…… Still the best sport on the planet, by miles.
                                I love me some Aussie rules (Footy). They don't F around, they keep the game moving and they don't put up with stupid shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X