No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing I find strange about Whataburger is that no matter where you got to one, it is sure to be staffed with middle aged, usually considerably over weight, redneck women.

With the potential hiring pool, I find it hard to to fathom that they haven't expanded into Ohio.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Five Guys will give them a run, but Hardees is only good for its breakfast biscuits.

But the Whataburger Patty Melt is king.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        So Imma mark down AA, Talent, and Oracle as too busy trying to reset their VCR clocks and renewing their AARP memberships to check out Hello Fresh or Blue Apron.
        Haha, I actually cook dsl. Don't got time for no hello kitty shit.

Fucking #pantryprog

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          Five Guys will give them a run, but Hardees is only good for its breakfast biscuits.

But the Whataburger Patty Melt is king.
          Oh great, another "in n out is too popular so it sucks" guy. #gettaclue

Comment

• All hype.

Comment

• This is the most memorable thing about In n Out...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                Oh great, another "in n out is too popular so it sucks" guy. #gettaclue
                Will state for the record that I've never had In N Out so can't compare. I know their cult is fierce.

But pretty sure Talent says Jack in the Box > In N Out. Fucking heathen.

I'll throw in a word for Shake Shack...dunno if I'd call them them the best but they make a pretty good fast food burger. They seem to be rapidly expanding now but I remember when they were in NYC, maybe DC, and not much else.

Comment

• Yes, Shake Shack is solid.

Comment

• Shake shack is fucking great. Awesome fried chicken sandwich too. 1st time was in DC, there's now 3 in L.A. alone.

Comment

• A lot of those prepped food services are pretty small in terms of portions.

Apparently delicious/user friendly, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Has anyone here ever done Hello Fresh or Blue Apron? Just wondering if you were happy with it/worth the money/etc.?
                        As part of my job I've evaluated almost every meal box subscription service in Canada including Hello Fresh. They are all quite similar services with similar costs. The food is all quite delicious but small (or probably proper) portion sizes. You definitely won't have any leftovers. It's really great to shake up your weekly cooking routine so that you try out different dishes every week. Usually stuff you wouldn't likely try to cook normally. Having the exact ingredients and amounts as part of the package is really handy. Food stays fresh for quite a few days so you have some flexibility for when you want to use those meals during the week. It's also nice to accumulate a bunch of recipes that you can try out on your own later. I also find that the suggested prep/cooking times were fairly accurate if you typically cook meals regularly. It's nice that you can stop or pause the service at any time. So you can try it out for a few weeks to get out of a meal rut, pause it, and turn back on when you want to give it a go again. Beware of the intense amount of packaging you get on a weekly basis. The boxes have really thick walls and includes sealed block of ice to keep the food cool. Spices, sauces, vegetables, meat all come in various packages and containers that all add up.

Generally speaking, it's priced at just the right point where it seems a bit expensive but not unreasonably so. It depends on how much you need some new recipes but are tired of figuring out meals.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• But... Is it as good as a Whataburger Patty Melt?

I think not!

Comment

• idiots
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The guaranteed most bigly Nobel Peace Prize in the history of the world is slipping away from Very Stable Genius. But look what you can buy on the Home Shopping Network !!!

The fate of President Donald Trump’s summit with Kim Jong Un remains uncertain after a series of provocative statements from North Korea. But even if history isn’t made, a commemorative coin created by members of a White House military unit forever memorializes what could have been.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Thank god for the coin sake, there will still be peace talks lol

Comment

Working...
                                X