No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so guess how much Russia spent on facebook ads for both Hillary and trump btw--75,000 dollars

another 75K on twitter and instagram for both candidates

guess how much Hillary spent on advertising 93 million

guess how much they paid steele to come up with the dossier--1.02 million dollars

guess how much the fbi spent just on steeles dossier for just travel expenses--175,000 dollars

Comment

• Hey, it's creepy Joe

I do find it funny that the two front runners for the Dems are white men

Comment

• Stock market on the verge of seeing its 50-year moving average fall below its 200-day moving average, typically a sign long-term decline is underway.

Comment

• Market down 2.5% YTD as of last Friday, so much for the stock buyback bump. Good thing the $ wasn't invested in equipment modernization, or (gasp!) employees.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/17/inves...ars/index.html
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Trump to Reality Translator:

trump.JPG

....means......

trump1.JPG
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
              Market down 2.5% YTD as of last Friday, so much for the stock buyback bump. Good thing the $ wasn't invested in equipment modernization, or (gasp!) employees.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/17/inves...ars/index.html
              Where would it be without the withdrawal of wealth from the economy?

Comment

• EAQItibQ_8DYFHyMzhOQfM8JinaeVb6FNfm1KysyAwc.jpg?width=563&auto=webp&s=c56a73b88963edfe4e720982e6fc7525eacd776f.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post

Where would it be without the withdrawal of wealth from the economy?

Good question. At the end of Sept/begin Oct I pulled all of my 401(k)s and retirement plans completely out of stock. Sold off a lot of personal investments as well. (Prepping for retirement - could stop today but will work for another 2 years.) I wonder how much of the decline is people shifting 401s to money market accounts (or rollovers to CDs) and how much is normal biz cycle selloff.

Even with this current retreat, people should thank me. If I would have stayed in, the market would have instead tanked 15,000 points as I approached retirement day. :^)

Comment

• interesting. Actually, I've been doing a bit of reporting on what happens when the boomers start to sell down their assets and start to use that retirement money. The investment banks think there are going to make a lot of fees off finding buyers for small businesses for whom there's no heir. Some interesting problems around the bend.

Not to worry tho. All's gonna be fine if the president can shake down Congress for a sum sufficient to build a sixth of his border wall.

Comment

• The BBC is one of my favorite news feeds. There articles are well written and concise - I try to learn from it .... heh.

Anyway, this is an article that nicely cuts through the crap from various US media outlets featuring articles speculating on the Mueller Investigation and all the political
                      "shocking breaking news" window dressing (not really new just packaged differently) associated with that reporting.

What this article does is lay out the legal headaches Trump is facing as a result of various federal investigations stemming from both the Meuller Investigation but also various law suits brought against the Trump organization. We already knew he was a dirtball but the shit he's pulled during his business career and his alleged mixing of business and campaign money - all of it illegal - his business associations with the Russians and SA where there is growing proof that he is furthering his business interests as a sitting president - also illegal according to the Emoluments Clause of the US Constitution - is catching up with him:

After the special counsel, there are other legal troubles dogging Donald Trump's presidency.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• That's why we all should wait for the Mueller Report. Let's see what is actually there. But what happens when it's released? Technically, the Attorney General can refuse to release the report or submit it to the Executive Branch to have it classified. Will that be the Constitutional crisis for Trump, similar to Nixon's 9-0 SCOTUS ruling to release the tapes?

Comey had great comments today about Trump....I smell a tweet storm a brewin'....

Former FBI Director James Comey slammed Republicans on Monday for not speaking out against President Donald Trump’s attacks on the FBI and strongly defended the agency’s conduct, following his second round of questioning at a closed-door congressional interview.
                        Last edited by Ghengis Jon; December 17, 2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          ....The investment banks think they're are going to make a lot of fees off finding buyers for small businesses for whom there's no heir....

My wife retired last Friday. Shuttered her practice. Selling off the furniture and the equipment. Patients been referred out for the last month. Wants nothing to do with the hassle of selling a business or the time it takes. She's done and she's happy. Sorry investment banks, no fees for you.

Comment

• If there's one kind of nazi I wouldn't mind, it's the Investment Bank Fees Nazi.

Comment

• According to newly unearthed British legal filings, Christopher Steele testified hat the DNC/Clinton campaign funneled cash to him to help them "challenge the validity of the outcome" of the 2016 election in the event Hillary Clinton lost.

xh925zoa9x421.jpg?width=665&auto=webp&s=ad9e418d1eb267d23edd9674d11c88f69d24550e.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                                Hey, it's creepy Joe

I do find it funny that the two front runners for the Dems are white men
                                It won't stay that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X