Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    When the leftist lynch mob came after the the Covington kids the big image was the Sandmann-Chief Big Liar square down. And what drove people nuts was the look on Sandmann's face as he stood there silently in front of the Chief. There are plenty of leftist outrage #hottakes about his face and his expression and that was enough to go nuclear. Pretty much just as Orwell predicted:

Credit to Kyle Smith, who also coined the newest outrage -- HatCrime. So true.
    yv0zu7ai6cc21.jpg?width=576&auto=webp&s=2f34856000fea350aa258e2296bad133e9b08c6c.jpg

Comment

• Mueller grand jury is meeting today. Typically only convenes in fridays. Nerds who keep an eye on this stuff say the last time they met on a Thursday (July), 12 indictments were handed out against Russians the next day.

Comment

• top 10 list of DSL retracted stories involving trump Russian collusion along with some honorable mentions

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
          top 10 list of DSL retracted stories involving trump Russian collusion along with some honorable mentions

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/...prussia-story/
          holy fucking shit, how long is that article?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            She helped him out, giving a Stephen Miller penned stemwinder for the State of the Union speech would have hurt him.
            What do you mean? I think I get what you are saying but am not sure.

Comment

•  

Comment

• As much as the shut down is producing pain way down the food chain for too many Americans, I like Pelosi's play. The dems are not going to negotiate in what amounts to a hostage situation over the symbolic wall, a wall that means only one thing to trump: He wins. Fuck that. He deserves to be ass-railed on this issue and probably a few others that he's stuck his nose into and screwed up - trade with China for one. The Pelosi play, IMO, is a classic example how a dumb-fuck, dangerous president can be reined in by a responsibly acting Congress.

But the dems do need to come to the table with something. As already noted, DACA is on the table. There are two bills before the Senate now, both of which McConnell has agreed to bring to the floor for a vote - one that is by roll-call which will allow voters to see who is for or against re-opening government. The first is Trump's proposal that he made Saturday - DACA for the wall. The second is a stop gap measure that funds the government through February 8th. Both are not expected to pass and the deal Trump offered on Satruday is a bad one for the Dems. but given that R senators will go on record to their constituents as opposing re-opening the government if they vote against the stop gap bill - a position they are already taking plenty of heat on - there's a chance to get the stop gap bill passed. Enough R's need to stop covering for Trump on this one and if they have the guts to do that - do what is right - the bill might pass. Fine. Then what.

The President would have to sign it despite what his media critics are going to say about him. Suck it up, Don. You're not starring on the Apprentice and this isn't TV reality you dip-shit. If he does sign it, the dems have to extend Trump an olive branch - maybe give him the funding for his symbolic wall that he can crow about but the authorization could limit exactly what the funds can be spent on - technology not bricks and mortar for a starter.

Anyway, there IS a way out of this for Trump and the Rs giving him cover, who, right now, are correctly assigned blame for the shit sandwich too many Americans are finding themselves in. The pressure is on. Do the right thing.... all of you.
                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; January 24, 2019, 02:03 PM.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Solid take, Jeff.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think it's erroneous to think DACA is on the table. They may dress something up like it, but so far their proposals have some killer poison pills. The speech he gave on Saturday had the effect to get the headlines that Trump offered something like that, but by it was a nonstarter because of the poison pills.

Comment

I think it's erroneous to think DACA is on the table. They may dress something up like it, but so far their proposals have some killer poison pills. The speech he gave on Saturday had the effect to get the headlines that Trump offered something like that, but by it was a nonstarter because of the poison pills.
                      is that what WAPO said?

Comment

• I agree with that Froot ...... but it's out there. Modify the poison pills - some of them are probably negotiable.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

I think it's erroneous to think DACA is on the table. They may dress something up like it, but so far their proposals have some killer poison pills. The speech he gave on Saturday had the effect to get the headlines that Trump offered something like that, but by it was a nonstarter because of the poison pills.
                          Yep.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Politically, the easiest way out for both parties(and especially Trump) is to pass a clean CR to open the government that McConnell was willing to pass on 12/21. DACA isn't palatable for the GOP and the wall is a nonstarter for the Democrats. Status quo is the least bad options for all parties.

Comment

Politically, the easiest way out for both parties(and especially Trump) is to pass a clean CR to open the government that McConnell was willing to pass on 12/21. DACA isn't palatable for the GOP and the wall is a nonstarter for the Democrats. Status quo is the least bad options for all parties.
                              leave it shut down then.

Comment

Politically, the easiest way out for both parties(and especially Trump) is to pass a clean CR to open the government that McConnell was willing to pass on 12/21. DACA isn't palatable for the GOP and the wall is a nonstarter for the Democrats. Status quo is the least bad options for all parties.
                                Yep. Stupid of Trump to shut it down in the first place. It is killing him. The longer it goes, the the greater the number of people that realize that he is an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X