Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    Even rock stars of that era wouldn't be drinking and flying, I would hope. Although I hope they kinda did. It's great to envision it's the same unfinished beer the whole trip.

You would hope so, but note these articles on drunk commercial pilots in the past month:

Fodor's provides expert travel content worth exploring so you can dream up your next trip. The world is a weird and wonderful place—we want to show you around.

A co-pilot scheduled to fly a commercial flight departing Schiphol on Sunday was stopped by police for alcohol consumption. The 51-year-old man was detained at the airport and issued a spot fine of 3,400 euros after breath tests showed an alcohol content three times higher than the legal limit for flight crews.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That's horrifying. I thought pre-flight drinking was still a major offence. I once met an Aeroflot pilot at a strip bar in Ulan Baatar who was drinking soda because he'd be flying two days later. If Aeroflot pilots can do it...

Comment

• Lock him up

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          That's horrifying. I thought pre-flight drinking was still a major offence. I once met an Aeroflot pilot at a strip bar in Ulan Baatar who was drinking soda because he'd be flying two days later. If Aeroflot pilots can do it...
          I have a friend who is a pilot. He is extremely careful. He won't even take an OTC cough syrup or allergy tab if he is flying the next day. Not everyone is so vigilant. Spending a lifetime in hospitals, I could tell you some stories about healthcare providers that would shake you, too.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Thanks/no thanks on those too.

Comment

• Last edited by WingsFan; February 19, 2019, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• KK is a better songwriter than he is a singer, no doubt. But then again, you don't have to have golden pipes to be a succesful singer. Johnny Cash had a rough style. So did Tom Petty, Joe Cocker, Bonnie Raitt, Bonnie Tyler, Rod Stewart, Joplin, and many others.

Comment

• watched bohemian rhapsody this weekend worth the rental fee

interesting to watch the songs take shape you grew up listening too

lot of things I didn't know about Freddie mercury from that move

now off to scottdsdale for the annual trip--51 and 80% chance of rain the first day still beats being in kansas

Comment

• one parting shot for dsl to mull over then put his fingers in his ears cover his eyes and sing falala

from victor davis hansen

The illegal effort to destroy the 2016 Trump campaign by Hillary Clinton campaign’s use of funds to create, disseminate among court media, and then salt among high Obama administration officials…

Comment

• I haven't watched Bohemian Rhapsody (yet). My friend Im with most of the time was born in Thailand and is still learning most of the music I like. For the past two weeks its nothing but Queen music in the car. Shes said to me "Why didn't you tell me about Queen before"? I do know the movie is not factual.

Comment

• KK is a better songwriter than he is a singer, no doubt.
                        I accully watched 'Cisco Pike' a few months back, mostly for the nostalgia (Harry Dean Stanton)

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                          one parting shot for dsl to mull over then put his fingers in his ears cover his eyes and sing falala

from victor davis hansen

https://amgreatness.com/2019/02/17/a...f-a-dead-coup/
                          This embarrassing hackery from PNN-beloved VDH NAILS IT!!!!

The whole premise is that the 'deep state' decided to destroy Donald Trump in 2016 or even earlier and was so committed to this that they leaked absolutely nothing about the FBI investigating until after the election had taken place.

Rosenstein's committed countless crimes including treason, LMAO. He's also STILL Deputy AG.

Enjoy that Alex Jones world you live in.

Comment

• The problem with Kristofferson is he can hardly play the guitar, either.

Comment

• Yeah, he used to make fun of his own playing.

Comment

• I've been attempting to ignore the Kristofferson conversation up to this point, but has anyone mentioned his groundbreaking work in the film Convoy, directed by a coked-out-of-his-mind Sam Peckinpah? Alongside an overly tan Ali McGraw, Ernest Borgnine, and Rocky's brother-in-law?

Comment

Working...
                                X