No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas, meanwhile, should have 40 per 2010 census and only has 36.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Since you dismiss the idea out of hand just because it was in the Boston Globe, here's Gentry Prog Coastal Elitist Jonah Goldberg advocating for the exact same thing

Watching the House of Representatives on late-night C-SPAN, you might have any number of reactions, including seppuku-inducing boredom. Depending on who’s talking, you might also feel disgust, rage…

Comment

• And the reason they capped the House of Representatives is because the small states (both the liberal and conservative ones in 1910) were panicking that their influence on the Electoral College was rapidly shrinking. The built-in constitutional advantage small states were given by locking every state at only 2 Senators was no longer enough.

I already did the math. If you reset the House so that every district was about 500,000 people instead of 700,000+ you'd gain 181 seats.

Wyoming would gain nothing. But neither would Washington, DC, or Vermont, or Rhode Island. Meanwhile Texas would go from having 38 Electoral votes to 52. California would go from 55 to 77. Florida would go from 29 to 40.

Right now Wyoming has roughly 188,000 citizens for every electoral vote. Texas has 662,000 for every EV.
        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; December 24, 2019, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• US Population (2010) 308,745,538

Wyoming = 0.18% of the total US population

Wyoming = 0.56% of the Electoral College

Wyoming = 0.42% of the EV under 500k districts

Texas = 8.14% of the total US population

Texas = 7.1% of the Electoral College

Texas = 7.23% of the EV under 500k districts

Like I said, if you readjust the districts to be 500,000 each you'd gain 181 seats in the House, Meaning the Electoral College goes from 538 to 719. Under that model Wyoming would be unchanged (3) but Texas would go from 38 to 52. It would not completely erase Wyoming's ability to punch above its population.

Comment

• There are around 800 million chess players in the world and only about 1500 of them are Grandmasters. Canadians that I have played over the last 10 years suck at chess. As soon as I see that Flag when im playing I start laughing. Always attacking right from the start without sufficient development of pieces makes no sense whatsoever. Also pawns become weaker and weaker as they move. Last night this guy did have me in trouble, but I knew he would make that mistake in the end to lose, and he did.

This chart of the most Masters is really cool and I do believe accurate in general opponents difficulty.

1 Russia 2739
            2 USA 2714
            3 China 2706
            4 India 2666
            5 Ukraine 2661
            6 Armenia 2652
            7 Azerbaijan 2651
            8 Hungary 2643
            9 France 2640
            10 Poland 2638

Comment

• BTW, for all our talk of Star Wars, the real disaster of last weekend was AA's beloved Cats.

In its opening weekend it made $6.6M. This movie had a budget of $95 MILLION.

Comment

• I haven't seen a Star Wars movie in my life. Yes im a big fan of Star Trek, especially the original (and next generation wasn't bad ) not the movies.
                Last edited by WingsFan; December 24, 2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Last edited by iam416; December 24, 2019, 03:57 PM.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Comment

• The You Tube descriptions says its the Drifters, but I'm not sure who is in the group that made this. I believe its date stamped 1954, so whomever was in the group at that time was who sung it.

I like the part where the Santa cues the snow. Its one of my favorite Christmas animations.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• NATIONAL

Washington Legislator Matt Shea Accused Of 'Domestic Terrorism,' Report Finds

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/20/79019...GQCuPQRkNsgcE0

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X