No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, not a big fan of bringing in Huwai, even if it's in a very limited capacity. But, Boris is going to Boris. I'd imagine his embrace of Chinese Communism should really endear himself to American Democrats. Certainly the NBA.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Yeah, not a big fan of bringing in Huwai, even if it's in a very limited capacity. But, Boris is going to Boris. I'd imagine his embrace of Chinese Communism should really endear himself to American Democrats. Certainly the NBA.
      As well as Trump, who considers Xi a great guy, because they rolled out a red carpet for him and flew some jets overhead.

This is the personal favor Trump did for Xi, btw, that Bolton alleges in his book. The US was going to punish ZTE for ignoring sanctions against BOTH Iran and North Korea when Trump stepped in and saved the company from bankruptcy. I imagine that was worth a couple extra million bucks of sorghum bought from our GREAT PATRIOT FARMERS

Comment

• President OJ is still going to walk, even if Bolton testifies. So fearful of the Trumpian base and Lickspittle McConnell, most of the Senate GOP has abandoned their ethics, morality, and convictions. They will vote as the party commands, regardless of what's right or wrong. No amount of denying or ridicule will change this fact. It's not to say that if the shoe were on the other foot that the Ds wouldn't do the same thing. I'm saying this subversion of Constitutional intent is wrong.

If we can't get a secret ballot (we won't), then perhaps the Constitution should be amended to make President, Representative, and Senator single terms. Eliminate the revenge capability from the political bases and remove it's influence beyond the nominating functions.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• But anyways...Huawei...Trump has threatened that we would end intelligence sharing with any country using Huawei products. So does he actually follow through HERE or has Boris called his bluff?

Comment

• They will vote as the party commands
            They will vote as their constituencies command.

Comment

• Glasgow is the Cleveland of Scotland.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                Glasgow is the Cleveland of Scotland.
                So good food, good music, excellent cultural institutions, world-class healthcare, that sort of thing?

Comment

• Glasgow is the Cleveland of Scotland.
                  Correct. And Montgomery is the Cleveland of Alabama.

Comment

• So, OK, "poppy cock." You have the numbers (facts). Impressive. It was a thought a wrong one at that.

But, if I'm reading you correctly and I may not be, on the basis of your run-down of the Trump constituency in the states those 20 Senators represent, Trump will easily win re-election and yet you fret over Bernie's chances and the Communism he'll infest America with.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Very random but I notice Bar Louie declared bankruptcy and is closing 1/3 of its locations. All I can think is...how has it lasted this long??

Talent, you'll be relieved to know the Easton location has survived.

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind, it's been closed for half a year. LOL never even noticed
                      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; January 28, 2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• But, if I'm reading you correctly and I may not be, on the basis of your run-down of the Trump constituency in the states those 20 Senators represent, Trump will easily win re-election and yet you fret over Bernie's chances and the Communism he'll infest America with.
                        PDJT will probably win more states than the D, but that's not how the Electoral College works. He needs Florida, Ohio, Georgia and North Carolina (I think he's a favorite to win those) AND two of Pennsylvania, M, Wisconsin and Arizona. I do NOT think he will win 2 of those states. His only chance, as I've been saying for awhile, is if he Ds put up someone with politics/ideas that are more concerning that PDJT's known behavior. That's what this is about (if the economy holds).

Comment

• It's all about Wisconsin, nothing else matters. That is the tipping point state and he is the favorite there. If the Democratic candidate wins Wisconsin some of the other battleground states are in play.

Comment

• At a private meeting this morning House Republican leadership sounded the alarms over fundraising. "They are kicking our ass" said Kevin McCarthy...pointing out that Congressional Dems raised $40 M more than Republicans last year

I have to wonder if Trump and the National Committee are cannibalizing some of the Republican fundraising

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

So good food, good music, excellent cultural institutions, world-class healthcare, that sort of thing?
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Glasgow was pretty cool, it felt somewhat American with weird accents. We stayed at a hotel where the bar and the front desk was the same thing. The clerk would check you in and pour you a beer.

I've never been to downtown Cleveland. The closest I ever got was staying by the Cleveland airport in a sketchy Howard Johnson motel. My wife was about to put the key into the door and it opened and a guy and girl walked out with a plume of smoke following them. We went to the front desk and asked what was going on and the girl use to work there and had a master key or something. It was like something you would see in a movie, even the front desk was interesting. I'm not sure if the girl was turning tricks or what but its the type of experience you never forget.

Comment

Working...
                                X