No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to post Joan Jett's 'Little Drummer Boy' this time of year (1981) , but it been a few years. Cant remember who really like it here they were from Baltimore also? Oh well, it will come to me.

The You Tube descriptions says its the Drifters
    It is the Drifters - Part of the Doo Wop Christmas Songs

Clyde McPhatter on lead and Bill Pinkney plays bass. December 1954, went to #2 on the R&B Chart, and in 1955, it went to #80 on the Billboard Top 100 Chart. Jimmy Oliver, Gerhart Thrasher, and Andrew Thrasher are also playing in the song.

Comment

• Very stable genius once again provides incisive, intellectual clarity to issues of importance.

Merry Christmas to all - even Little Donnie Two Scoops.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Is there anyone in the world who thinks that Russia, China, and Iran would be holding joint military exercises in the frickin' Persian Gulf if numb nuts wasn't President?

With Trump obsessing over impeachment, I think he misses the message anyway. Maybe his lord and master Vlad will clarify the point in their next no-Americans-allowed private meeting.
        Last edited by Ghengis Jon; December 27, 2019, 08:55 AM.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Let the First Nutjob rage. I think its better not to submit the articles to the Senate at all, or at least until after the election. In fact, I'd go radio silent about impeachment. should be allowed to publicly snap and force either the Cabinet or the simpering Senate to do something.

Encourage the press to continue poking the bear. NAFTA Lite and an appropriations bill to continue gov't funding have advanced. (Sarcasm aside, good things.) But notice no over the top, its-only-because-of-me credit claiming by His Royal Blowhard. Pretty much nothing beyond petulant temper tantrums about Pelosi.

As far as Putin's cock holster tweeting out the whistleblower's name (again), what an absolute asshole Trump is. He is knowingly, willingly and with foresight and malice, endangering someone to acted according to law with THE NATION's best interest in mind. By his actions, Trump is indisputably encouraging his demented minions to lone wolf action. (Not that his followers, driving sticker covered vans to the post office with pipe bombs would ever do anything to harm another citizen.) I would think that this intentional act to publicly encourage violence against an American citizen would be grounds for impeachment on its own. Trump's approval for proxy violence and his disregard for the civil rights of other American citizens demonstrate not only what a pathetic POS Trump personally is, but illustrates how badly this nation has devolved socially and ethically in recent years. Perhaps this nation actually is a reflection of Donald Trump and that we truly are, collectively, little more than a land of spineless, brain dead scum suckers.

Comment

• Happy New Year, Jon.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hope nobody missed the opportunity to attend "Night of the Swamp Drainers".

wintergala.jpg
                  Last edited by Ghengis Jon; December 28, 2019, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• John Lewis announces he has Stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Civil rights icon and US Democratic Rep. John Lewis of Georgia has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, his office announced Sunday.

Comment

• I hate to break our lunch sandwich detente, but more good news on the economic front, DSL. Very sorry to report. Unemployment is as low as it's been since 1969. And "rank and file" workers are seeing significant increases in wages (https://www.wsj.com/articles/rank-an...d=hp_lead_pos1).

I hope that doesn't spoil your new year.

Hello
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hope nobody missed the opportunity to attend "Night of the Swamp Drainers".
                        That's small potatoes compared to the kind of fund raising Hillary and Bill used to do.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• New Year spoiled

Comment

• Grumbling in the North Carolina Republican Party as Mark Meadows appears to have timed his retirement to benefit a family friend and make her the front-runner to replace him.

Meadows announced he was retiring only 30 hours before the filing deadline for 2020. But just hours after he did, Lynda Bennett announced she was running. She's close with Meadows' wife and her Campaign website was registered in October by Scott Meadows, Mark's brother. They appear to have been planning this for a while and it's almost certain Bennett knew Meadows was retiring long before any other local Republican did.

Comment

• By the end of 2020 Trump will have spent double the number of days golfing that Obama did in eight years.The total cost to the American taxpayer is currently over $118 Million

And in what would be considered a scandal in any other Administration, millions of that total has almost certainly gone directly into Trump's own pocket. The Administration has consistently refused to make public just how many aides, secret service, and other government employees stay at the Trump properties when he goes golfing for a weekend.

Trump criticized predecessor Barack Obama for spending too much time playing golf — but is on track to pass Obama’s eight-year total in just four years.

Comment

• Have to wonder if things are coming to a head with Iran or if both sides will now back down.

Protestors (Iranian-paid militias really) screaming "Death to America" have attacked the gates of the US Embassy in Beghdad. A response to our bombing the militias sunday night

Flashback to this summer when Trump claimed Iran was so intimidated by him that they didn't dare says "Death to America" any more. It was a lie even back then, and looks dumber by the day

Comment

Working...
                                X