No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I *think* he took his concerns up the chain and was either ignored or told to, as we used to say, "pack sand". I am not convinced that he intentionally released the letter, probably a friend or relative that he sent it to let it out since it was first released in his home town newspaper. Of course he should have expected it to get our, or maybe he did send it with the expectation of it leaking?

Legitimate firing? Who knows? I've seen guys get relieve for some pretty silly shit. When I had commands, there was the ever present catch-all of "loss of confidence in a person's ability to command" that was always hanging over our heads. I always told people that when you were in command, you had to do the right thing, because it was the right thing to do, regardless of the personal consequences. Without knowing the specifics, it looks to me as if that is what this guy did.
    Last edited by CGVT; April 3, 2020, 09:05 AM.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I hope, and I don't know this guys politics, that the Captain here finds another way to serve his country. We have too few people in politics (and elsewhere) that do the right thing because it is the right thing to do. This country needs more of them.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Thanks for the answer, CG. They say this guy was on a career track to become an admiral. He certainly paid a price for his convictions.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• This article posits that Florida' terrible unemployment system and benefits (the max of $275 a week is among the worst in the nation) now poses significant political problems for DeSantis and Trump. It was explicitly designed by Rick Scott to discourage people from even applying and the website they built is so incapable to handle the amount of current claims that DeSantis is encouraging the use of paper applications.

https://www.politico.com/states/flor...-trump-1271172

Comment

• Time to call Ghostbusters...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              Thanks for the answer, CG. They say this guy was on a career track to become an admiral. He certainly paid a price for his convictions.
              He did, but there is no need to feel sorry for him. He is an 06 with 28 years service. If he hangs on for two years, his retirement pay will be just shy of 100k per year. With his background he will be in high demand in the civilian sector. I think he'll probably be ok. ;)
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Excuse me if this has been posted. The story of the train engineer who tried to attack the USNS Mercy in LA

"People don't know what's going on here. Now they will," the engineer allegedly told a California Highway Patrol officer who apprehended him immediately after the incident.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• There is no excuse for you AA.

hello
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz,

hello.

3>2.

stfu

Comment

• This article posits that Florida' terrible unemployment system and benefits (the max of $275 a week is among the worst in the nation) now poses significant political problems for DeSantis and Trump
                      Politico is trash.

PDJT is toast regardless.

DeSantis is not. And still, LMMFAO @ Gillum -- the next big thing...LMMFAO
                      Last edited by iam416; April 3, 2020, 09:38 AM.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Bill Withers dead at 81 (not related to COVID)

Comment

• Lean on me AA...when you're not strong...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            Lean on me AA...when you're not strong...
                            xoxo

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Politico is trash.

PDJT is toast regardless.

DeSantis is not. And still, LMMFAO @ Gillum -- the next big thing...LMMFAO

PDJT probably would be if someone other than the zombie corpse of Joe Biden would be running against him.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

PDJT probably would be if someone other than the zombie corpse of Joe Biden would be running against him.
                                How bad is it that your boy got trounced by "the zombie corpse of Joe Biden"? Two months ago you were crowing about how Biden didn't have any field offices while Bernie had big operations in all the states.

Comment

Working...
                                X