No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan has more than 1,000 new cases in a day for the first time since May 14th. Effffffff

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
      Michigan has more than 1,000 new cases in a day for the first time since May 14th. Effffffff
      Nothing to worry about. They'll start falling as soon as the numbers go directly to the administration rather than the CDC.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        I'm not particularly interested in anecdotal evidence.

But, I do know the goalposts are forever moving with this thing.
        If you're only interested in deaths and not what people are going through now or the lingering effects, we're about to cross over 140,000 dead in the U.S. since we started into this 4 or so months ago. Brazil is next with almost 74,500. Our direct neighbors to the north are at 8,810 and our direct neighbors to the south are at 36,327. We've got Don Brown's Thanksgiving week defense going on out here.

Comment

• Right. The Northeast was a disaster. No doubt. I think the US death numbers are about the same as the equal population in the EU.

But, I get it. This is political for you. You’re hell bent on hysteria.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• We peaked (for now) in mid April at roughly 2500-3000 deaths per day. And that was off of 30000 cases per day.

We’re over 3 weeks in to the “spike” in cases to 40k (initially) and well beyond and we aren’t seeing anything close to the previous death numbers. Younger people aren’t dying.

HOWEVER, the Narrative and the HYSTERIA!!!! must continue so the goalposts must be moved. That’s been the game from day fucking one.

At some point, IF the deaths stay basically where they are then it’s going to be time to acknowledge that fact.
            Last edited by iam416; July 15, 2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Some unfortunate news for some—Moderna’s initial study produced extremely promising results. They’ll move into a larger study post haste. Huzzah, Scientific Method!

Comment

Right. The Northeast was a disaster. No doubt. I think the US death numbers are about the same as the equal population in the EU.

But, I get it. This is political for you. You’re hell bent on hysteria.
                It's a shame that so many people had to die in Democrat-run locales because of Democrat incompetence. New York City alone (run by a mini-me Bernie Sanders) would be the 9th worst country in the world for deaths at 22,800.

*sigh* shame. Ah well, if they keep defunding the police they won't have to worry about dying from the WuFlu at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                  Michigan has more than 1,000 new cases in a day for the first time since May 14th. Effffffff
                  Ummm....No, Michigan had 891 new cases today. That is the most since 5/14
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

We peaked (for now) in mid April at roughly 2500-3000 deaths per day. And that was off of 30000 cases per day.

We’re over 3 weeks in to the “spike” in cases to 40k (initially) and well beyond and we aren’t seeing anything close to the previous death numbers. Younger people aren’t dying.

HOWEVER, the Narrative and the HYSTERIA!!!! must continue so the goalposts must be moved. That’s been the game from day fucking one.

At some point, IF the deaths stay basically where they are then it’s going to be time to acknowledge that fact.
                    Or could be---just maybe that we know how to better treat the symptoms now? Nah, that could not be it.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

It's a shame that so many people had to die in Democrat-run locales because of Democrat incompetence. New York City alone (run by a mini-me Bernie Sanders) would be the 9th worst country in the world for deaths at 22,800.

*sigh* shame. Ah well, if they keep defunding the police they won't have to worry about dying from the WuFlu at least.
                      LOL. If you think deBlasio is anything like Bernie Sanders.

Comment

• Whitley:

I don’t care why CFR/deaths seem down. I’m sure the learning curve is a factor. I’m not blaming the Northeast or Italy. Rather, I’m HAPPY deaths appear to be holding/modestly increasing despite huge case jump.

That’s GOOD NEWS. Whatever the reasons (and I’m sure there’s more than 1). My point would be the hysteria over cases is really only justified if the deaths follow. As of now — and it could change — three weeks into the spike and we haven’t seen it. That SHOULD be cause to think about the case spike a little differently.
                        Last edited by iam416; July 15, 2020, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• My wife and I just got back from our favorite local ice cream stand, and out of about 30 customers on site, I was the only one wearing a mask. The employees inside were all wearing masks.

Everyone WAS practicing 'social distancing', but I think that's mostly because we all hate each other anyway .... (j/k) ....
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

LOL. If you think deBlasio is anything like Bernie Sanders.
                            They both are lifelong Communist sympathizers and Cold War era Communist stooges. They both even honeymooned on Communist soil.

Comment

• Brad Parscale is out. Please welcome Bill Stepien as the new drummer for Spinal Tap

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

They both are lifelong Communist sympathizers and Cold War era Communist stooges. They both even honeymooned on Communist soil.
                                Sighs. I don't know bout deBlasio, but here is something on Bernie Sanders

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/be...eymoon-russia/

snipped from that:

What's True

Jane Sanders and then-Mayor Bernie Sanders traveled to the Soviet Union shortly after their wedding as part of a government trip to establish a sister-city relationship between Burlington, Vermont, and Yaroslavl. Sanders has previously joked that this trip was a "strange honeymoon."

What's False

This trip was not a "honeymoon" in the traditional sense and did not occur during the "height of the cold war." The purpose of this trip was to establish a sister city in Russia, not for the newlyweds to enjoy a romantic getaway. Bernie and Jane Sanders took their real honeymoon in St. Lucia in the Caribbean the following year.

Comment

Working...
                                X