No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My understanding is that Tubs mostly hid from the public too. But he had the presidential seal of approval and that's all that mattered in the end.

Comment

• I didn't follow the race at all. I figured that Sessions would win easily. Do the R voters there really love Trump so much that they were just pissed off about Sessions not recusing himself from the Mueller Russia hoax? When it comes to all of the shit that Republicans have done to backstab Trump, that ranks very low on the list.

Comment

• The R’s here are firmly pro-Trump. That’s all Tubby ran on. Having Trump’s endorsement.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Not surprise at all. All Alabama politics are about who is the biggest trump ball licker. Tubberville was that by far
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Sessions always did what he felt was right even if it pissed people off. Oh, he had some dumb notions, no doubt, but he isn’t on the take and does what he feels is best for the state and the country.

We have elected a guy with a PE degree from Southern Arkansas University who is about as unethical as you can imagine.

And before someone says “Doug Jones!” It took him facing a crook who was up to his eyeballs in charity scandals AND pedophilia charges for him to narrowly win.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              Tuberville is a joke. It’s embarrassing for the state.

Under Tuberville, Auburn had a winning record against its biggest rival, Alabama (7–3), and was tied with its next two most significant rivals, Georgia (5–5) and LSU (5–5). He led Auburn to six straight victories over in-state rival Alabama, the longest win streak in this rivalry since 1982, the year Auburn broke Alabama's nine-year winning streak.

Comment

• Yeah, Tubby coached vs a probation-riddled Bama team led by Dubose, Fran, and Shula for 6 of those 7 wins. Bama’s official record for Dubose, Fran, and Shula those years was 40-43. He beat Saban in his first year by 7. That was just an awful 7-6 Bama team that lost to Louisiana-Monroe among many others. The next year, Saban won 36-0 and Tubby quit.

At Ole Miss, Tubby was 0-4 vs Bama. Of course, that was mostly Stallings.

Comment

• It’s easy to quantify, but it’s hard to make people realize how bad Dubose and Shula were for 8 years. Fran was mediocre for his two years, but is nowhere close to being as incompetent as Dubose and Shula. I was honestly surprised that they were 40-43 combined those years. I assumed it was worse.

Comment

• This story is something to track, to see if there's something to it:

Last edited by *JD*; July 15, 2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      It’s easy to quantify, but it’s hard to make people realize how bad Dubose and Shula were for 8 years. Fran was mediocre for his two years, but is nowhere close to being as incompetent as Dubose and Shula. I was honestly surprised that they were 40-43 combined those years. I assumed it was worse.
                      umm, Michigan had RRod and Hoke. We can relate, which is why the expectations, and disappointments for Harbaugh are so extreme. Michigan fans will never admit it publicly, but we were expecting to follow the path that Bama took.

Comment

• Dubose and Shula combined for 50-46 on the field (34-46 with the vacated games) in 8 total years. Fran was 17-8. So, either 67-54 (on the field) or 51-54 (by the record book) for that whole decade of suck.

Contrast that with now. The last time Bama had fewer than 10 wins, W was president and the movie Superbad was raking in the dough at the box office.

Competent coaching is the key. You just don’t win with mediocre (and especially bad) coaches.

Comment

• Hoke-RRod combined for 46-42 over 7 years. That’s pretty much Dubose-Shula numbers. So, yeah, you guys can def relate.

Comment

• It'd be nice if we could relate to the success that The Nick has had as well.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'll give points to Trump for consistency - consistently stupid and counterproductive. We can't dump this asshole fast enough.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/polit...cdc/index.html
                              https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/u...ronavirus.html
                              https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...dc/5441730002/

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Sessions always did what he felt was right even if it pissed people off. Oh, he had some dumb notions, no doubt, but he isn’t on the take and does what he feels is best for the state and the country
                                Remember when Sessions was a rampant racist? Those were the days.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X